penalty decision...

it was outside the box, taylor pulled the guys arm and he dropped to his knees, the linesman signaled a foul ( he did not hold the flag to his chest ) and the ref gives a pen, disgrace. to soft to change his mind once he spoke to the liner. total disgrace. :angry:

but we should have taken our chances.

it was outside the box, taylor pulled the guys arm and he dropped to his knees, the linesman signaled a foul ( he did not hold the flag to his chest ) and the ref gives a pen, disgrace. to soft to change his mind once he spoke to the liner. total disgrace. :angry:

but we should have taken our chances.

the linesman gave it-not the ref...the flag was across his chest asap.

i disagree, i agree with Palmer1's version of events. the lino had a better view of the incident and he signaled a free kick (personally i dont know if it was a foul, but it was definatly outside the box). as soon as he spoke to the ref, he changed his mind. It wasnt the ref's fault. He had to decide every decision the lino should be making, and could not rely on the lino nr the mainstand. The worst lino ever at BP, personally dont believe the ref had a bad game, although the way Bertrand got booked gave me raised eyebrows.

it went across his chest...100%.

Either my eyes have failed me but I definitely saw him signal for a free kick for them, didn't see it go anywhere near his chest....but the penalty was given at the end of the day so any argument about it is trivial.

Should have won the amount of chances we had....wonder if it might be beneficial practising hitting the ball high towards the goal in training rather than on the deck.

Either my eyes have failed me but I definitely saw him signal for a free kick for them, didn't see it go anywhere near his chest....but the penalty was given at the end of the day so any argument about it is trivial.

Should have won the amount of chances we had....wonder if it might be beneficial practising hitting the ball high towards the goal in training rather than on the deck.

I had friends from Doncaster over and when we met up with them after the game they said it was 100% definate that the foul took place outside of the box! At the end of the day football is football and if it would have been us in that position we would have happily gone along with the decision ...... That's what happens when you don't take your chances :angry:

The flag NEVER went anywhere near his chest. He flaged for the foul against us. He NEVER made any attempt to put the flag to his chest.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the penalty that we didn't get in the second half. From the Lookers stand it looked like the most stone wall penalty you could ever see. Taylor nodded it at goal Sullivan saved and Hughes went for the rebound with their guy ripping his shirt off his back to stop him. Would have been a certain second without that pull. How the ref and Linesman between them failed to see that I will never know. The ref had it in for Hughes big time imo.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the penalty that we didn't get in the second half. From the Lookers stand it looked like the most stone wall penalty you could ever see. Taylor nodded it at goal Sullivan saved and Hughes went for the rebound with their guy ripping his shirt off his back to stop him. Would have been a certain second without that pull. How the ref and Linesman between them failed to see that I will never know. The ref had it in for Hughes big time imo.

couldnt see the incident you are talking about in the area due to the scramble and bodys in the way , but how did the ref have it in for hughes?

he got booked for a blatent dive , rightly so!

but i cant think of another incident where he was singled out.

OS says that the DVD replays show that the challange was 2 YARDS outside the box. I blame the lino as it was smack bang in front of him

Still not quite sure now the Lineswoman on the NSM missed the holding back of Hughes.

lets see the replays then...

Johnny - I saw the replay about 20 times today after the match. Taylor maybe touched the Donny players arm ever so slightly. He went down like a tart outside the box - at least two feet outside it. He even landed outside the box. The lino signalled for a free kick but definitely did not put the flag across his chest. The ref decided it was in the area and even after checking, confirmed it was a "penalty".

As for our goal, Lee Hughes confirmed he helped the ball into the goal by punching it.

Two wrongs don't make a right although the ref seemed delighted to be able to even things up.