Cllr IQBAL

Anyone got a reply from this chap? I wrote to him immeditaley post meetiong and received a 'message delete unread' on my system. I have written to him again and copied David Jones in. I have an automated message from DJ as he was on leave but nothing from Mr Iqbal.

I wonder if he can read English? Perhaps we needed to find someone who could translate English to Bengali or whatever?

Anyone got a reply from this chap? I wrote to him immeditaley post meetiong and received a 'message delete unread' on my system. I have written to him again and copied David Jones in. I have an automated message from DJ as he was on leave but nothing from Mr Iqbal.

I wonder if he can read English? Perhaps we needed to find someone who could translate English to Bengali or whatever?

:o

I don't think you need to worry about the language barrier. Cllr Iqbal has lived in Oldham for a very long time. Not sure what you are getting at with this post my friend but i doubt that it's anything to do with his language skills.

I don't think you need to worry about the language barrier. Cllr Iqbal has lived in Oldham for a very long time. Not sure what you are getting at with this post my friend but i doubt that it's anything to do with his language skills.

Indeed. There are several councillors who we've received no reply from, I don't think lack of manners and professionalism is race-specific.

Where has Alec mentioned race? It's a reasonable question!

Perhaps I am being unfair, but it would make equal sense to ask if other councillors who haven't replied are illiterate or need a PC course wouldn't it? I would think that the bloke probably has some use of the English language.

Indeed. There are several councillors who we've received no reply from, I don't think lack of manners and professionalism is race-specific.

I initially only addressed my emails to those Councillors who had voted against Planning Permission. Of these, Councillor Iqbal is the only one that hasn't replied to any of my emails. I have sent numerous chase-ups, all polite. I am not aware of anyone who has received a reply from him.

I initially only addressed my emails to those Councillors who had voted against Planning Permission. Of these, Councillor Iqbal is the only one that hasn't replied to any of my emails. I have sent numerous chase-ups, all polite. I am not aware of anyone who has received a reply from him.

He deleted mine also.

Cllr Val Sedgwick has also deleted all my emails without reading them. Do you assume it's because she can't speak English?

I saw her draped in the remains of the Born in England, Live in England, Die in England flag this weekend actually ^_^

:lol:

Think about it. Council business is conducted in English. Do you really believe a councillor could actually do his job if he couldn't speak/read/write in English? Mind you, I don't suppose he is doing his job very well if he ignores emails...

Whatever. I'm willing to bet Cllr Iqbal's English is better than Cllr Bashforth's. :grin:

Come on dont show yourself up to be an idiot, by stating such nonsense you are turning the whole argument into something else and not somewhere any of us want to go.

Well OAFC-OK you are very lucky as I have a long list of those whom havent replied to me, including messrs Bashforth, Larkin, Pendlebury, Wheeler and Iqbal from the infamous 7. Then to my subsequent scatter gun email to all the councillors and MPs - I have had no reply from any of the 7 bar Wheeler and a whole heap of other ones either. So please behave and don't try and being into question peoples grasp of the English language no matter what race, creed or colour they maybe as this argument is nothing to do with that it about the football club and moving it into the 21st century andthe benefits this provides to whole town.

Come on dont show yourself up to be an idiot, by stating such nonsense you are turning the whole argument into something else and not somewhere any of us want to go.

Well OAFC-OK you are very lucky as I have a long list of those whom havent replied to me, including messrs Bashforth, Larkin, Pendlebury, Wheeler and Iqbal from the infamous 7. Then to my subsequent scatter gun email to all the councillors and MPs - I have had no reply from any of the 7 bar Wheeler and a whole heap of other ones either. So please behave and don't try and being into question peoples grasp of the English language no matter what race, creed or colour they maybe as this argument is nothing to do with that it about the football club and moving it into the 21st century andthe benefits this provides to whole town.

Ricardo, your editing of the two quotes is most unfortunate, as you have omitted the names of the posters, but you refer specifically to oafc_ok. The first quote is from Alec1954 and the second is from oafc_ok. Your implication about race, creed or colour may well have come from reading the first quote, but oafc_ok was explaining to Alec the consistency of Cllr Iqbal's failure to reply.

You should correct the impression that oafc_ok needs to behave himself over race, creed or colour, when you were referring to your understanding of the post by Alec1954!

Ricardo, your editing of the two quotes is most unfortunate, as you have omitted the names of the posters, but you refer specifically to oafc_ok. The first quote is from Alec1954 and the second is from oafc_ok. Your implication about race, creed or colour may well have come from reading the first quote, but oafc_ok was explaining to Alec the consistency of Cllr Iqbal's failure to reply.

You should correct the impression that oafc_ok needs to behave himself over race, creed or colour, when you were referring to your understanding of the post by Alec1954!

Race is not part of my question. He is my local councillor. And he may not be able to respond in English. He may be able to read and understand but not write. So if this was the case and it was a barrier, then perhaps translation is needed.

Guest oa_exile
Thats no guarantee that someone can speak English.

Corretto! , L'inglese spesso non parlante può funzionare al vostro beneficio :)

perdono che potreste dire ? :blink:

Risata fuori alto :grin:

I'm not a racist...I never have been and never will be...and im also not stupid....But I will call a spade a spade when I need too and it really worries me that fact that the only asian person on the committee voted against us and has felt no need to reply to comments made too him.... Race relations are a big deal for Oldham and its council...and actions such as this starts raising questions that none of us want to ask OR should need to ask.....but netherless need asking when these thing happen!

Edited by oafc0000

To balance that, there are three Asian councillors in the Coldhurst ward (which includes the ground itself).

I know that one of them has voiced his support for the club and the development, and that another has written an excellent letter in support of the development to relevant/interested parties.

For me, knowing the influence these councillors have as community leaders, that's a clear sign that the Asian community closest to the ground supports the club (even if there aren't many there on matchday) and is in favour of the development. That's a really positive sign, and definitely something for the club to work with in trying to attract more fans from the Asian community.

(P.S. Diego - looking like I won't make it tonight. If you see Alan, may be worth mentioning the above to him... not sure whether the club received a copy of the letter in question, and it'd be good for Alan to know the club has local Asian support.)

Edited by garcon

To balance that, there are three Asian councillors in the Coldhurst ward (which includes the ground itself).

I know that one of them has voiced his support for the club and the development, and that another has written an excellent letter in support of the development to relevant/interested parties.

For me, knowing the influence these councillors have as community leaders, that's a clear sign that the Asian community closest to the ground supports the club (even if there aren't many there on matchday) and is in favour of the development. That's a really positive sign, and definitely something for the club to work with in trying to attract more fans from the Asian community.

(P.S. Diego - looking like I won't make it tonight. If you see Alan, may be worth mentioning the above to him... not sure whether the club received a copy of the letter in question, and it'd be good for Alan to know the club has local Asian support.)

Thanks for that - I've emailed your comments to AH.