NHL 2011/12

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we're going to the playoffs, anyone want to join us?

We'd love to but we're only safe by 1 point and these are our remaining games

@ Oliers, @ Canucks, @ Sharks, Sharks, @ Preds, Blues

Can't see us getting the wins we need to stay in from those. Have to hope that the chasing teams mess up

We're bumbling towards a spot. Doubt we'll do anything of note once we get it though... although there is some thought that we're trying to manage our position in the post season with our recent bad run I don't prescribe to it myself.

We're bumbling towards a spot. Doubt we'll do anything of note once we get it though... although there is some thought that we're trying to manage our position in the post season with our recent bad run I don't prescribe to it myself.

I think I'd rather finish 6th than 4th or 5th really, would prefer a tie against the south eastern winners than Philly...

I think I'd rather finish 6th than 4th or 5th really, would prefer a tie against the south eastern winners than Philly...

That was the gist of it, yeah.

Once we have that little x next to our name I will be happy. Until then I'll believe we can screw it up.

Boom. Best Penalty Kill since the expansion in the 60's!! That's Devils hockey bitches!!

We average more goals for, when short handed, than against!!

That's mighty impressive.

I don't want to play you in the playoffs, not because you're a decent side (which you are) but because playoff hockey is meant to be entertaining. Watching this Devils side in an attritional scenario may make me want to end it all. :wink:

Now I accept your mocking tone in the spirit it was intended.

But, as always feel compelled to argue anyway! You do realise that to be the best PK side for half a century and score more than you concede on said PK then you have to play some mighty fine counter attacking hockey? Check out our 5-on-1 break out goal last night against the Sens!

Honestly though as long as we don't do something stupid against the Panthers I think you may struggle to break us down, given the team coming out of Phi-Pit game is going to have taken one hell of a kicking to make Rnd 2.

Now I accept your mocking tone in the spirit it was intended.

But, as always feel compelled to argue anyway! You do realise that to be the best PK side for half a century and score more than you concede on said PK then you have to play some mighty fine counter attacking hockey? Check out our 5-on-1 break out goal last night against the Sens!

Honestly though as long as we don't do something stupid against the Panthers I think you may struggle to break us down, given the team coming out of Phi-Pit game is going to have taken one hell of a kicking to make Rnd 2.

Give me 14 AR winners in 24 years over a decent PK...

Sorry. Too late for the prediction party.

Huge game in Phi-Pit series last night! 13 goals in a playoff game is mental!

Jersey started well. Paddy E's goal to make it 1-0 in the first is astonishing. If Sid or Ovy or Malkin had done that it would be all over the front of NHL.com!

Totally dominated the first period. Thought we were going to throw it away in the second. Third was a lot tighter, and probably the quickest 3rd period I've ever seen. The puck hardly seemed to go out of play.

Florida have one good line, which shouldn't be enough to get you anywhere in the playoffs. So barring a major cock up, we should get through. Long way to go though.