Carl Winchester !

Do you mean like he's been while winning man of the matches and player of the months?

But no goals, it's all very well being neat and tidy like the central midfielders, but do they actually create much from open play on home soil under the present formation?

Either something changes tactically or we carry on as we are with goals hard to come by.

The choice is LJs.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-3-3? he won't change what we're currently doing well with, but if you was to fit winchester in the middle it would have to be with jones and Kelly behind him doing the dirty work

so

Rachubka

Wilson Wilson Elokobi Mills

Jones Kelly

Winchester

Poleon Philliskirk Forte

But we aren't doing well at home, unless LJ thinks one point on average and few goals is good.

Not sure we've got anyone else to play there

That comes into it. I think he's more creative than Jimmy D and better in the tackle.

There are the likes of Morgan-Smith and Turner I suppose but from what little I've seen they're nowhere near as solid.

Which leads me to the conclusion that Winchester stays where he is and one of Jones / Kelly is given a little bit more freedom to get forwards.

When the 0-0 and 1-0 home score lines turn into defeats over the next few weeks the manager is going to take some real stick. But I do think the first choice eleven (Forte back in for Dayton) gives us the personnel to remain solid and score more goals. Leaving things as they are tactically isn't the right thing to do.

Winchester has improved physically but I don't think he could do the job Kelly and Jones have done for the last few games.

BP doesn't want him to.

He wants one of Kelly or Jones to do that job with Winchester (or somebody) getting forward with the ball, running at their defence.

I'd prefer that too but I feel a bit "careful what you wish for" as things are going OK at the moment.

Maybe we can try it in the You've Got to be Really :censored: to Enter Cup.

Ridiculous suggestion moving Winchester.

Eventually, Johnsons hand will be forced because of injuries and suspensions, so we might see Carl given the CM role. Personally I wouldn't change anything at the moment, we look a hard team to beat and on top of that we are creating chances. If we didn't even look like scoring I would have a change round but all Danny P needs is 1 goal and he could be away. Keep putting points on the board and I will be happy.

BP doesn't want him to.

He wants one of Kelly or Jones to do that job with Winchester (or somebody) getting forward with the ball, running at their defence.

I'd prefer that too but I feel a bit "careful what you wish for" as things are going OK at the moment.

Maybe we can try it in the You've Got to be Really :censored: to Enter Cup.

So we change formation? or drop one of Kelly or Jones.

4 unbeaten without coinceding and Winchester making the right flank his own with MOM performances.

We created chances yesterday and against Fleetwood but we have not had a natural goalscorer up front all season and after 2 games (he needs time) but Poleon does not strike me as a natural goal scorer.

The problem IMO is not in the middle of the park. Kelly and Jones are looking good and improving g every game. We have dominated midfield in at least 3 of the last 4 games and thats with the outlet of Winchester on the right.

Get a natural finisher like Chris Porter ( I mention him as he is linked) who has experience and a bit of nous and I think you will see some 0-0s and 1-0s into 2-0s and 3s.

Some really over think things. Especially when at thus point Winchester needs consistency more than anything

So we change formation? or drop one of Kelly or Jones.

4 unbeaten without coinceding and Winchester making the right flank his own with MOM performances.

We created chances yesterday and against Fleetwood but we have not had a natural goalscorer up front all season and after 2 games (he needs time) but Poleon does not strike me as a natural goal scorer.

The problem IMO is not in the middle of the park. Kelly and Jones are looking good and improving g every game. We have dominated midfield in at least 3 of the last 4 games and thats with the outlet of Winchester on the right.

Get a natural finisher like Chris Porter ( I mention him as he is linked) who has experience and a bit of nous and I think you will see some 0-0s and 1-0s into 2-0s and 3s.

Some really over think things. Especially when at thus point Winchester needs consistency more than anything

I agree with you both. :grin: