meet the manager 14th May

Thought he looked a great player when we played Derby in the league cup a few years ago. No many goals in him though

Agree with this - was brilliant against us. He'd be a great signing who'd dominate League 1 defences all over the show. Just the 'big brute' Kelly has talked of.

2 years left on his Derby contract though so it'd have to be a loan deal. Has connections to Derry, so may well be on Kelly's radar and can't see him getting into the Derby side or another Championship loan. But as with lots of players in the Championship, he'll be on big wages and Derby will want somebody to supplement them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be shocked if we signed anyone from the championship unless it's youngsters released or on loan. Or someone like Gerrard who hasn't played. There's far too much money in that league.

We'll be signing players from bottom half of league 1 and below.

I can't help but think buy if a couple of articles likes this from Men and Chron on the day would have really helped things. Not sure either of those would have taken the angle sadly.

I can't help but think buy if a couple of articles likes this from Men and Chron on the day would have really helped things. Not sure either of those would have taken the angle sadly.

Should the club have gone out of their way to raise an issue where there was never any case to answer? Where does that stop? It's not hard to think of other groups who some of our fans will find reason to be offended by.

I wish he would leave the McGuiness tweet alone in truth.

The rest of the article presents him excellently - and clearly shows the commitment to the role that got him the job. Now as he himself says, it is time to prove himself - but I think he is spot on about pace in the side which bodes well!!

I wish he would leave the McGuiness tweet alone in truth.

The rest of the article presents him excellently - and clearly shows the commitment to the role that got him the job. Now as he himself says, it is time to prove himself - but I think he is spot on about pace in the side which bodes well!!

It wouldn't have made The Irish Times without it being referenced.

Agree about the rest of the article. I wasn't going to renew and I still think it's still an underwhelming appointment. That said, he's coming across decently and I've backtracked.

A couple of 'decent' signings that show some ambitious intent could re-ignite the fans' optimism and buy him some time.

On the other hand, underwhelming incomings, and he's on a hiding to nothing. It will be interesting to see which route we go down.