Ye, got my hands on a shirt for a 10 note, wouldn’t have bothered but at that price why not. 

Heard that people came in stockpiling football boots and balls selling them on... shame because could have copped myself a pair of Nike premiers for £12, (but didn’t have my size due to somebody buying 17 pairs) I nearly paid £105 for them 2 months ago. 

10 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

Ye, got my hands on a shirt for a 10 note, wouldn’t have bothered but at that price why not. 

Heard that people came in stockpiling football boots and balls selling them on... shame because could have copped myself a pair of Nike premiers for £12, (but didn’t have my size due to somebody buying 17 pairs) I nearly paid £105 for them 2 months ago. 

I understand why they're getting rid of all the Latics branded stuff: but surely boots and balls can just be sold at one of their other shops at standard price.

I went online and got some kit to play five a side in. The best thing though, a lady's dressing gown for £7. A successful Christmas with my girlfriend already secured. Lucky lady.

Went in yesterday and managed to furnish my lad for training kit for probably the next 4 years! Plus footballs for 75p. Craziness. The girls who work there where adamant that they weren't closing down contrary to rumours here there and everywhere. Still saved a grand total of 284 quid! 

Edited by ChrisRichard
Typo

1 minute ago, ChrisRichard said:

Went in yesterday and managed to furnish my lad for training kit for probably the next 4 years! Plus footballs for 75p. Craziness. The girls who work there where adamant that they weren't closing down contrary to rumours here there and everywhere. Still saved a grand total of 284 quid! 

Echoes of my ex wife coming back from a shopping trip. Never how much she'd spent, always how much money she'd saved me.

7 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Echoes of my ex wife coming back from a shopping trip. Never how much she'd spent, always how much money she'd saved me.

That's pretty much role reversal and how I broached the situation with the Mrs!!! 

Edited by ChrisRichard

I thought exactly the same with regards to the boots. Bargain kitting the girlfriend out with a £7 latics dressing gown! 

Seriously the deals theyve got are ridiculous... 70% every Saturday. I asked them about closing down she was adamant also that they’re not.

9 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Can’t grumble at a tenner, I’m guessing there’ll be a new top for next season. 

Haven’t bought a club shirt in years. Is it still a new home and away one every season? When was the last time we wore one for two seasons?

Had a new one every year since 2012. http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Oldham_Athletic/Oldham_Athletic.htm

3 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Had a new one every year since 2012. http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Oldham_Athletic/Oldham_Athletic.htm

Nice one.

I understand the ones we’ve changed for sponsorship reasons, but I don’t get why we have released a new one for the past 3 seasons? More people would buy them if they weren’t out of date after a single season.

45 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Nice one.

I understand the ones we’ve changed for sponsorship reasons, but I don’t get why we have released a new one for the past 3 seasons? More people would buy them if they weren’t out of date after a single season.

Especially considering the lack of variation. We can’t sell many shirts can we?

50 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Nice one.

4 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Especially considering the lack of variation. We can’t sell many shirts can we?

Must be a manufacturer-driven thing. It used to be the case 10 years ago that a kit would be for 2 years or so, but I reckon 99% of FL clubs will have a new kit in August. 

Just now, josh_latics said:

Must be a manufacturer-driven thing. It used to be the case 10 years ago that a kit would be for 2 years or so, but I reckon 99% of FL clubs will have a new kit in August. 

Almost every club does. Generally the away shirt rolls on to the next season as the third shirt, but naturally Nike or Adidas wouldn’t want their templates to lag behind for a year longer than the big clubs

On 5/13/2018 at 9:48 AM, Magic Mikey said:

I understand why they're getting rid of all the Latics branded stuff: but surely boots and balls can just be sold at one of their other shops at standard price.

I went online and got some kit to play five a side in. The best thing though, a lady's dressing gown for £7. A successful Christmas with my girlfriend already secured. Lucky lady.

but selling them from another store would entail re packaging them before transporting them to the new store more than likeley cost more than any mark up could achieve so sell at huge discount let the public empty your shelves for you good business practice