FAN OWNED CLUBS...

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So are there funds in place to run the club for 6 months? Surely not?

im assuming al needed the money for Baxter instead of what he said, wanting to involve the fans in the Baxter deal. Or words to that effect.

Hi latics22.....my post is what was a tentative proposal approx 3 seasons ago.

Simon Brooke in his opinion at the time,  felt it would not take too much effort/sound business sense to steer the good ship OAFC back on track to be a good business proposition to a buyer or to be minimum...self sufficient. To do this our debt would have to be at a zero balance. At the time Brassbank were at least listened to this. It would have meant they would absorb the debt, cash in the 97% secured shares, and hand over the running of the club to the Trust for six months in order for us to find a buyer or to try an be self sufficient.

That was then, now we have a different owner and its a whole new ball game to be honest.....i just want to post that it was looked into 

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Simon Brooke in his opinion at the time,  felt it would not take too much effort/sound business sense to steer the good ship OAFC back on track to be a good business proposition to a buyer or to be minimum...self sufficient. To do this our debt would have to be at a zero balance. At the time Brassbank were at least listened to this. It would have meant they would absorb the debt, cash in the 97% secured shares, and hand over the running of the club to the Trust for six months in order for us to find a buyer or to try an be self sufficient.

That was then, now we have a different owner and its a whole new ball game to be honest.....i just want to post that it was looked into 

So if Simon had a plan that Blitz was listening to, why has AL fired the bloke?  Doesn’t make sense and concerns me more that AL isn’t that open minded to others views and opinions 

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Intresting revelation. 

I think i may have briefly mentioned it in a line or so in a Summer post maybe...but granted I did not reveal much detail at the time.

its now history and a whole new ball game..hahah

10 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Leaving aside the financial hurdles,who in their right mind would put themselves forward to sit on the Board.The abuse and criticism that anyone that volunteers to help the club gets makes it unlikely that there would be any volunteers.

i know its not for everyone....its not for me...

You have to have the day time to give up 

In my opinion, have to have some board level business sense to understand how a business works or should work

To understand you are now legally responsible for the running of that business and all warts and all that could, in theory make you banckrupt.

to have thick skin, like you said....to be able to stand up not only in the board room, but to answer to the fans your are representing.

bloody hell I'd go insane....hahah

11 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

So if Simon had a plan that Blitz was listening to, why has AL fired the bloke?  Doesn’t make sense and concerns me more that AL isn’t that open minded to others views and opinions 

TBH.. I don't know and it would be wrong for me to comment if I did. Simon stepped down from the Trust  to take on a full time role at the club and for whatever reason, it did not work out. Its an employer/employee matter i'm afraid.

36 minutes ago, underdog said:

TBH.. I don't know and it would be wrong for me to comment if I did. Simon stepped down from the Trust  to take on a full time role at the club and for whatever reason, it did not work out. Its an employer/employee matter i'm afraid.

How much is in the "war chest"

51 minutes ago, underdog said:

Thats part of the problem with the structure of the Trust.The Trust representative as a Director are responsible as an employer and should know.

20 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Thats part of the problem with the structure of the Trust.The Trust representative as a Director are responsible as an employer and should know.

You are right the Trust representative on the OAFC board should be aware as an employer with regards to employer/employee issues. At the time and currently there is no OAFC board in situ to discuss these matters.

Even is there was, there are confidential employer/employee issues that then should not be discussed with the Trust board directors. I am sure you can appreciate this

thanks

47 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How much is in the "war chest"

The Trust financial director reports monthly on this and I cant put my hands on last month notes....we have though submitted our yearly finances to companies house. I think its about the £14k mark.

We have a director who really does want to focus on massively increasing this figure so we are in a stronger position and is exhausting options like fan bar ownership

1 hour ago, underdog said:

The Trust financial director reports monthly on this and I cant put my hands on last month notes....we have though submitted our yearly finances to companies house. I think its about the £14k mark.

We have a director who really does want to focus on massively increasing this figure so we are in a stronger position and is exhausting options like fan bar ownership

So we'd last about 2 weeks?

On 10/6/2018 at 1:44 PM, underdog said:

agreed....we were given a potential set up about july time, but things change...at the time it was Al, Trust rep plus 2 others.

What are the trust doing about said concerning situation? Can you advise fans of actions taken since July to put pressure on AL to resolve this?

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:44 PM, underdog said:

agreed....we were given a potential set up about july time, but things change...at the time it was Al, Trust rep plus 2 others.

I guess this is the problem regarding finance. Perhaps AL was relying on these 2 to provide investment, and they have backed out for some reason (probably because they realise Latics isn't an investment, it's a money pit).He is most likely now looking for new benefactors.

Edited by al_bro

On 10/6/2018 at 11:25 AM, underdog said:

But I thought Corney owned OAFC at that point, not Brassbank? Or am I missing something?

43 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

But I thought Corney owned OAFC at that point, not Brassbank? Or am I missing something?

From Memory, Mr Corney had secured funding against his shares.

Its also why Brassbank had to approve the club sale from Corney to Al

On 10/6/2018 at 2:15 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

So we'd last about 2 weeks?

Not even that! Sorry this is a silly question, but the trust we’re planning to start saving serious cash, for doomsday. Corney got wind, so they didn’t do it? Could they have not saved the cash anyway? It’s nothing to do with him ?

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Not even that! Sorry this is a silly question, but the trust we’re planning to start saving serious cash, for doomsday. Corney got wind, so they didn’t do it? Could they have not saved the cash anyway? It’s nothing to do with him ?

They weren’t planning on saving serious cash, where do you think that would come from? They could have done some serious fundraising if it was an option but people won’t contribute unless the shit is hitting the fan. 

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

They weren’t planning on saving serious cash, where do you think that would come from? They could have done some serious fundraising if it was an option but people won’t contribute unless the shit is hitting the fan. 

Would running the club for 6 months not be serious cash ? 

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Would running the club for 6 months not be serious cash ? 

A bit but you’d have to fundraise with that aim very quickly, you can’t just save those kinds of amounts normally. Strip out a lot of the debts and you could get close to self sufficiency. You wouldn’t have world class players though.