The Trust - Focus on 'Al in' or 'Al out'?

What should 'The Trust' focus on?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see 'The Trust' approach the situation as of right now?

• Work with Al and try to improve the relationship between Al & the Fans
    • Work on removing Al and seeking potential new owners?

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If those 500 people paid £10 each, that's another £5,000 in the war chest. If the chairman walked or the club went bust then thankfully they could pay one week of Maouche"s wage...

What if, like this week, he bags ? Where’s the 10k goal bonus coming from ? Think on...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Am not trying to compete with you sjk2008, am on your side 

The fans choosing to boycott should ALL join the Trust because wether theyre attending games or not the underlying problems with our owner are still there and the Trust needs to be supported to help them keep on top of everything. 

Attendances down by over 1,000 but Trust membership up to 1000+ is what should be happening 

#helpsaveyourclubforonly£10bysupportingtheTrust 

:chubb:

I`ll give you your due, tGWB - you do a great job in promoting the Trust and present some logical thoughts.

There's a (volunteer) job for you there! 

19 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Twice today Roy in his commentary remarked that the 1000 missing fans should get themselves down to Boundary Park. He also said he was not making that as a political statement and that all he cared about was the football club. That made me think that the missing fans are starting to hurt and are a subject of some concern behind the scenes.

Maamria also emphasised that he wants the fans back. AL must have said something along those lines to him.  

I don't think the majority of the fans not going any more are deliberately boycotting. They have just decided that the dire quality of football in this division just isn't worth the effort especially when we are just as bad. If we can string some wins together, and have a legitimate chance of the play offs fans will come back. Some will be lost for much longer. A good cup run would also help, but there is no way this current team could have gone to Fulham and won.

6 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

I know you’re not trying to compete and this isn’t anything personal at all, I’m just still waiting for you to tell me what difference it would make to Al if the 500+ people who are currently protesting in the way of staying away from home games joined the Trust?!

We have an accountant involved with the Trust and they’ve not seen the full accounts for god sake.

Unfortunately sjk2008 I cant produce any statistical evidence to support my thoughts. 

It just strikes me as common sense that AL would more likely (not guaranteed) afford more time to a Trust with over 1000+ members than he would a Trust with 350 members. 

There are 1000 or so fans that are currently staying away due to a mixed bag of dont like the owners methods and poor standard of football. 

The only tangible way they can still support their club whilst not attending games is to join the Trust.

What does that get youre asking 

1. Comfort that as a fan that youre just not shrugging your shoulders n walking away

2. Increases funds for the Trust war chest 

3. Strengthens the stature of the Trust when negotiating with the owner (current and new) as they can evidence that they have the support of a high % of our fanbase 

Regarding your comment on the Trust accountant not having seen the full accounts

Its fair to say that if the Trust had not got a 3% shareholding in the club and a legal entitlement to have a representative on the board, that there wouldnt be a cat in hells chance that anyone would be getting to view the clubs accounts

Personally I think that AL with his recent appointments of a solicitor, is now slowly coming to terms with some of his legal obligations as the owner of the club and I genuinely believe he will start to open up a little more regarding access to the clubs finances (more because he has to than that he wants to) 

Tried my best fella to answer your points but admittedly they are more my personal view from the outside looking in than ‘being in the know’

#helpsaveourclubfor£10byjoiningthetrust

33 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What will £7,000 fund?

Come on mcfluff play fair 🙄

Not knowing the inner workings of the Trust I wouldnt know specifically

A small proportion would cover out of pocket expenses to visit other club trusts and the FSA to help build the Trust knowledge of legal options to protect our club maybe . . . 

Youre joining the Trust mcfluff1985 arent you 😉

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Come on mcfluff play fair 🙄

Not knowing the inner workings of the Trust I wouldnt know specifically

A small proportion would cover out of pocket expenses to visit other club trusts and the FSA to help build the Trust knowledge of legal options to protect our club maybe . . . 

Youre joining the Trust mcfluff1985 arent you 😉

No. We could have 2,000 new members at it wouldn't make a difference

12 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not kidding. It's just more people to be part of an organisation that won't rock the boat

Clearly we differ regarding the Trust and I am as sure that they will help to save our  club as you are that they wont 

No hard feelings mcluff1985 

19 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I`ll give you your due, tGWB - you do a great job in promoting the Trust and present some logical thoughts.

There's a (volunteer) job for you there! 

Made me chuckle that wiseowl 👏

I tip my hat to anyone who gives up for free their time and mind for a cause they believe in wether it be their football team or a charitable cause. 

I support the Trust because I thought the least I can do is show my appreciation for those people who do give up their time to help look after the club I have had in my life since being a child 

They’re our candle in the dark

(ps thanks to everyone for their sometimes frank but well mannered exchanges on this thread)

4 hours ago, tGWB said:

I tip my hat to anyone who gives up for free their time and mind for a cause they believe in wether it be their football team or a charitable cause. 

I support the Trust because I thought the least I can do is show my appreciation for those people who do give up their time to help look after the club I have had in my life since being a child 

(ps thanks to everyone for their sometimes frank but well mannered exchanges on this thread)

Fuck off. 

4 hours ago, tGWB said:

Your far too polite for this forum.

Archived