Ricketts Gone

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He really does seem to have split opinion amongst Latics fans - I've only been to two games this season and on both occasions I've thought he was gash. Then I read him being eulogised so have been slightly confused. Then again lots of you thought Killen was the bees knees so I really shouldnt listen to a word any of you say :wink:

Guest sheridans_world

I see latics released this story at their favourite time of day, right after the Chron gets printed.

News story in the Chron says he has simply been axed from the squad to travel tommorow! :lol:

He really does seem to have split opinion amongst Latics fans - I've only been to two games this season and on both occasions I've thought he was gash. Then I read him being eulogised so have been slightly confused. Then again lots of you thought Killen was the bees knees so I really shouldnt listen to a word any of you say :wink:

as far as i'm concerned all i ask of ANY player to put on a latics shirt is 100% commitment to the cause.....

all i want is a player that will still attempt a run for a ball even though they think it's a lost cause...... to jump for a header even though they believe that the opposing player will beat them to it....... to run and run, JUST in case an opposing player makes that once in a game mistake and we can capitalise on it....

i dont think that is much to ask of a player.....

pedigree or not..... this has made my day!!

Very strange. Would seem it's not just been done on footballing grounds unless he's got somebody else lined up. Can't see Walsall being able or agreeing to take over what is probably a sizeable contract either, seems it's just a case of getting him out of the club as quick as possible.

Thought it was a strange decision to drop him against Forest after having, imo, a decent first half against Northampton. If we had a striker who could take chances that Ricketts put on a plate for them, like the Davies chance last week, then things may have turned out differently. Always thought we would wait to see how a Ricketts /Hughes partnership would work but just when Hughes is coming back, Ricketts is shown the door.

I am probably in the minority when it comes to Ricketts but feel he has only received crap service from the rest of the team, the big hoof, and a striking partner in Davies who has no vision and wouldn't spot an opening if it bashed him on the head. preferring to get in the way of others on the wing.

Having said that we don't know what goes on at the club during training and perhaps his attitude was causing problems amongst the rest of the squad. Whatever, something has gone on this week which has not been revealed yet.

that's assuming it was his idea in the first place????????????

You must've heard what I have......although to be fair, I didn't want to stick it on here as we're going to hear a heck of a lot (plus I wasn't convinced by it either) before the truth does come out! If it ever does...and if it doesn't, I'd sure as hell like to know why!

Edited by boundaryblue80

As has been said.....he wouldn't have played last Sat and it wouldn't have taken till today for him to be exiled if it was true. And had we wanted rid, we'd be exercising the right to terminate his contract also, if it were true. Not waiting for 2yrs 7mths for it to run out or till when we decide to pay him up.

Don't believe it for one second.

In a case of contract transgression, the rules of natural justice and the PFA's involvement would mean action could not be taken very quickly e.g. Dabo.

not all that sure about this, seems a bit bizarre - don't like giving latics players stick and genuinely wanted him to succeed and prove everyone wrong! do you remember the first game at home, everyone chanting for him - would've been nice to see a reaction for that! Saw him pre-season and he looked sharp and quick - he showed a bit of that in the NH game and looked like he was improving - will be good to see hughes in and scoring but ricketts shouldve surely been spurred on to keep his place given the hughes return. Would've liked to be a fly on the wall in the ricketts / shez conversation - who wanted the move etc!

I am probably in the minority when it comes to Ricketts but feel he has only received crap service from the rest of the team, the big hoof, and a striking partner in Davies who has no vision and wouldn't spot an opening if it bashed him on the head. preferring to get in the way of others on the wing.

You say minority, but from the replies on the OMRAT it seems like it's more of a silent majority who rated him, but the boo boys and 'Let's All Have A Love-In With Craig Davies (He's Scored Six Goals, You Know?) Club' refuse to accept that it has been anybody else but MR's fault that we're languishing in 20th place.

People say something must have gone on, I genuinely think this is a footballing decision, exacerbated by Rico throwing his toys out of the pram. Shez has made it clear he's not asking the ball to be thumped forward...he feels Rico's presence tempts the defence to lump it up so dropped him for Tuesday. He's probably made it clear the same will happen again tomorrow, and Rico's thought 'why should I stick around to rot on the bench?', which is fair enough. If that's how Shez wants to play it, which is fair enough, there's no place in the jigsaw for Ricketts so he's asked to leave.

not all that sure about this, seems a bit bizarre - don't like giving latics players stick and genuinely wanted him to succeed and prove everyone wrong! do you remember the first game at home, everyone chanting for him - would've been nice to see a reaction for that! Saw him pre-season and he looked sharp and quick - he showed a bit of that in the NH game and looked like he was improving - will be good to see hughes in and scoring but ricketts shouldve surely been spurred on to keep his place given the hughes return. Would've liked to be a fly on the wall in the ricketts / shez conversation - who wanted the move etc!

One second there...."ricketts shouldve surely been spurred on to keep his place given the hughes return"

and "he showed a bit of that in the NH game and looked like he was improving"

So...he was spurred on then, surely?

Regarding H*ghes, this isn't directly aimed at you but it's going to be interesting to see what happens should (and I stress, should, as maybe after Tuesday's game we might turn the corner) the abysmal service to the front line continue and then the knives appear for him.....be very very interesting!

I hope Walsall are paying a large Percentage of his wage!

Strange Decision relying on unproven youth, and Lee Hughes- hopefully he returns to fitness and finds some form.

dont forget craig davies, maybe shez will go 3 up front with davies hughes and wolfy.

Some people on here are bizarre to me! lol

I don’t expect people to share the same opinions as I do but when I said rickets wasn’t that good everybody slated me.

I said that he ALLEGEDLY Hit Taylor after Chris took the Mickey out of him mid week.

Now that the dust has settled and he’s gone why are the same people who were so quick to condemn my opinions and what I was told, finding it so bizarre he’s gone?

Are you really that narrow minded?

Also when will people realise that I hate using the word Allegedly in my post? LOL

Has anyone been to the Sheff Wednesday forum recently? Lol

Some people on here are bizarre to me! lol

I don’t expect people to share the same opinions as I do but when I said rickets wasn’t that good everybody slated me.

I said that he ALLEGEDLY Hit Taylor after Chris took the Mickey out of him mid week.

Now that the dust has settled and he’s gone why are the same people who were so quick to condemn my opinions and what I was told, finding it so bizarre he’s gone?

Are you really that narrow minded?

Also when will people realise that I hate using the word Allegedly in my post? LOL

Has anyone been to the Sheff Wednesday forum recently? Lol

Lol...narrow minded??? WTF??? I got told something today about it all from a very good source of mine but I flatly refused to believe it. I pick and choose in my own mind what I feel is closest to the truth.....no offence Kyle, but because I don't believe your source is anywhere close to the truth, mainly due to the fact he played on Saturday, had a good game and it took till today for it to been seen fit to offload him, it doesn't make me narrow minded. If it is true....then I'll do 2 things...hold my hand up and say that you were right and that you're source had good info and secondly, praise Shez for taking this action.

As I said in my first posts today about all this though.....until the club says what really happened, this will roll and roll and roll. And even then...the lies they added to the Killen scenario (ala, arrested Saturday, didn't play coz of it vs Brentford on the Tues when he did etc) we'll may only ever get a "spin" version anyway.

We wait for the info....