Quote from a Toronto message board:

"Is he Terry Duncefield, never makes a pass forward, not smart enough and the type of player

we need to be looking past if were ever going to

improve, even if yes he certainly does try hard,

hes got passion you cant ignore that.

Should fit in here then

Or is he Terry :censored:ing Dunfield! All heart and passion, tireless midfield workhorse, with a knack for the crucial goal, displaying the never say die attitude that TFC desperately needs, even if yes, hes not the most skillful out there, you cant ignore that."

The "never makes a forward pass" stands out for me!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is with Smith likely to be out for a while he might not be just cover, hasn't played since June and hasn't got International clearence yet which must be a concern

FFS International clearance, that's just another way of saying we have had to fax FIFA for them to give the nod. It was announced after 8.30pm our time, (so after 9.30pm CET). Do you honestly think there is someone at FIFA working that late on a Thursday night? He shouldn't need a work permit decision as he must have had right to work to play for City, Bury, Macclesfield and Shrewsbury for 10 years and has played more regularly for Canada since then.

As Señor Coconut has already said we didn't have room for another loanee in our match-day squad, so that means getting someone who is available on a free in. That doesn't leave many options, plus he has signed until the end of the season but I wouldn't mind betting that if he does well he stays on. Some would rather have players like that and the aforementioned Lockwood than (young) loanees who know that if they do well they get a move to a Championship club next time or a more regular start for their parent club.

Furthermore Smith is apparently not going to be out for that long.

In addition, perhaps signing him allows the likes of Winchester and Mellor to get more regular first team football out on loan, something that has been obviously needed for the pair of them for a while.

Im not really sure how this plugs a gap, smith is injured for a few weeks and to cover we have kissock mellor winchester and dayton which have all played centre mid this is just a waste of a wage for me as i doubt he will play a game and if he does we have wasted other wages on kissock

FFS International clearance, that's just another way of saying we have had to fax FIFA for them to give the nod. It was announced after 8.30pm our time, (so after 9.30pm CET). Do you honestly think there is someone at FIFA working that late on a Thursday night? He shouldn't need a work permit decision as he must have had right to work to play for City, Bury, Macclesfield and Shrewsbury for 10 years and has played more regularly for Canada since then.

As Señor Coconut has already said we didn't have room for another loanee in our match-day squad, so that means getting someone who is available on a free in. That doesn't leave many options, plus he has signed until the end of the season but I wouldn't mind betting that if he does well he stays on. Some would rather have players like that and the aforementioned Lockwood than (young) loanees who know that if they do well they get a move to a Championship club next time or a more regular start for their parent club.

Furthermore Smith is apparently not going to be out for that long.

In addition, perhaps signing him allows the likes of Winchester and Mellor to get more regular first team football out on loan, something that has been obviously needed for the pair of them for a while.

Do not use FFS in reply to me ever again, I expect an apology for the crude way you show of making a point.

Do you argue for the sake of it ? I was agreeing with Coconut, but expressing some concerns.

I have praised the manager for his recent signings and await to see how Dunfield shapes - and It's not gone unnoticed you seem have a personal vendetta against me, you don't have to give the reasons again in reply, I have seen them before.

Edited by BP1960

Do not use FFS in reply to me ever again, I expect an apology for the crude way you show of making a point.

Do you argue for the sake of it ? I was agreeing with Coconut, but expressing some concerns.

I have praised the manager for his recent signings and await to see how Dunfield shapes - and It's not gone unnoticed you seem have a personal vendetta against me, you don't have to give the reasons again in reply, I have seen them before.

FFS, calm down.

:OASISscarf:

the second lot of players that landed in jan look ok to me

but I thought we were building for the future,doesn't make sense to me ffs give kissock a try and go with what you've got or what's the point in them being here

LJ will start building for the future during the summer. With the new stand coming on stream next year and prices going up there will be some leeway to actually bring two or three very decent players in. Everything he has been doing recently is short term. Not all of it completely understandable I agreed, but Corney has not given Johnson a 4yr contract to fart about. It pretty much looks like he is plumping for experience to get us to mid-table. All, IMO of course.

I don't have a personal vendetta against you, and I apologise if you think I was being crude towards you but as someone who probably has used the :censored: smiley more than anyone else on here crude is not really in my nature and I don't argue for the sake of it, although I do admit it may appear that way. I did have a much longer rebuttal written out but writing it I remembered that you might be using this messageboard as an escape from some serious personal issues going on that most of us will no doubt have to go through in their lives at least once and that may be clouding your posting style at the moment. So I apologise for giving you potential reason to think I have a personal vendetta against you.

I don't have a personal vendetta against you, and I apologise if you think I was being crude towards you but as someone who probably has used the :censored: smiley more than anyone else on here crude is not really in my nature and I don't argue for the sake of it, although I do admit it may appear that way. I did have a much longer rebuttal written out but writing it I remembered that you might be using this messageboard as an escape from some serious personal issues going on that most of us will no doubt have to go through in their lives at least once and that may be clouding your posting style at the moment. So I apologise for giving you potential reason to think I have a personal vendetta against you.

Apology accepted, always good to clear the air.

Edited by BP1960

Writing looks to be on the wall for Winchester with this move.

Is this the "new Scholes" that was tweeted about early today? He's what, 2-3 years younger than him; so surely it can't be him can it?

Never heard of this chap. Can't remember him if he has ever played against us.

On the face of it, a slightly strange move.

But, let's wait and see just how involved he actually is over the coming weeks, and how he does if he does ever actually play for us...

Is this the "new Scholes" that was tweeted about early today? He's what, 2-3 years younger than him; so surely it can't be him can it?

But, let's wait and see just how involved he actually is over the coming weeks, and how he does if he does ever actually play for us...

In the Chron the new Scholes refers to better youth team prospects Sly now that Latics can pick up more local kids due to the big clubs bringing in players from abroad.

Jack Touhy was one lad mentioned.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130505-scholars-809121.aspx

I think LJ is now looking for 'true grit' due to the current league position and Dunfield probably fits that bill.

Edited by BP1960

Doesn't appear to have done so, as aside from one solitary appearance as a sub in the Prem he hasn't played outside the now League 2 and cups in England.

Dunfield has been training with the club for some time I understand - as was the case with Lockwood.

Lockwood has turned out ok, so I assume the manager thinks Dunfield will slot in just as easily.

Edited by BP1960