Kilkenny to Leeds!

Guest amoweb
Oh i love it!!!! Cant wait for that one, i can feel it in me bones!

Very bad move for him IMO, but im not sorry to see him go TBH. Just hope that TTA allow some of the money that they where commiting to NK to be spent on a quality perminate replacment.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does everyone get thos 'ego' and 'arrogent' thing from? Sure, he can be mouthy on the pitch, but most midfield general types are. FFS most of you saw Shez when he played for us - no different.

Or is it because a few people have said he's like that in real life, in which it's all conjecture and "a mate says this..." innit?

Yes, he's gone for the money. Big deal, tell me a player these days that doesn't. Who's our longest serving player by the way? I bet it's not longer than five years.

The bottom line is he's never indicated to anyone he'd stay at the end of his loan period. He also handed his shirt to the crowd which can only tell you all you need to know.

Kilkenny did say to some fans in the Paddock the other week to "f**k off." - I've met Neil a few times in Royton. Mainly in Scooby's and he's always been spot on. He's never come across as arrogant. Very approachable and has never answered questions posed by myself as to whether he'd sign for us, with anything concrete. Infact he always more or less tried to avoid the question.

I think alot of people's bitterness (or what it seems to be coming across as) directed towards him is more dissapointment than anything else. He's definately not a Richie Wellens.

I dont see how people can moan when you take everything into account. Playing at a ground who get 25,000+ every week. A team who would be absolutely walking this league was it not for a 15 point deduction - or Oldham? - Quite a few people have their heads in the cloud. It was obvious him and Bertrand wouldnt be back when they came over at Leeds the way they did. Hardly an act of respect to fans your going to see again is it?

Thanks for everything Neil. If it wasnt for you and Lee Croft. We could well have been League 2.

No big deal we want lads proud to grace the blue and white and if they'd rather be elsewhere then there loss ! Had all this heated debate on the back of P~*ter going and look at the gem (Hughes) we've now got in his place !!!! We offered the lad the best we could if not good enough TOUGH move on which he has. Shez has been expecting this if he's honest and is already putting the effort in to replace him so let's do as we usaully do TRUST him and his instincts cause at the end of the day the lad ain't done us wrong so far. Goodbye to Kilkenny and may you enjoy counting your dosh aint gonna call you for doin what 99.99% of the population would have done in your shoes. Sod em all who dont wanna stay rather have a team full of kids proud to play and fighting for a place than a team of half baked prima donnas turning out performances when the wind blows in the right direction and the moon is in the 7th house of Jupiter or other equally p~ss poor situations. All for Shez and Shez for all onwards and upwards without the driftwood and make the Scousers pay tomorrow :bluearmy:

That's twice Latics have helped out Kilkenny's career. In the close season he was bleating to come back here so he could escape reserve team football. Latics gave him his wish, the fans sung his praises and played to his ego. Now where is he when the club tolds him we'll build a team around you and here's the money to prove it? gone that's what, well that's the last time Neil. You better hope it all works out.

Bang on, though I don't think I'd be feeling like this if it wasn't that place he was going to.

I bloody hate Leeds.

I think alot of people's bitterness (or what it seems to be coming across as) directed towards him is more dissapointment than anything else. He's definately not a Richie Wellens.

I dont see how people can moan when you take everything into account. Playing at a ground who get 25,000+ every week. A team who would be absolutely walking this league was it not for a 15 point deduction - or Oldham? - Quite a few people have their heads in the cloud. It was obvious him and Bertrand wouldnt be back when they came over at Leeds the way they did. Hardly an act of respect to fans your going to see again is it?

Thanks for everything Neil. If it wasnt for you and Lee Croft. We could well have been League 2.

Well said. Of all the people who say it's a bad move....not being an Oldham fan, what would you do in his shoes? We can now spend the money a bit more wisely (including wages, god knows how much we offered!).

Cheers Neil.

Disagree Rocky, whilst KK in his initial spell was a revelation after the Man City game he was pretty anonymous for the rest of the season. Crofty on the other hand was very good for the three months he was here and a big factor in Killen's purple patch in late November/early December. Biggest factor in us avoiding the drop was BT being given the boot. Ronnie Moore coming in and steadying the ship and the panic loan signing of Luke Beckett and his 6 goals in 9 games along with the return to fitness of Chris Killen who scored a few in that period too, Kevin Betsy's timely return to form who worked his arse off once he knew he was leaving and of course Pogs super show v Bradford on the final day when the midfield went into its shell.

Disagree Rocky, whilst KK in his initial spell was a revelation after the Man City game he was pretty anonymous for the rest of the season. Crofty on the other hand was very good for the three months he was here and a big factor in Killen's purple patch in late November/early December. Biggest factor in us avoiding the drop was BT being given the boot. Ronnie Moore coming in and steadying the ship and the panic loan signing of Luke Beckett and his 6 goals in 9 games along with the return to fitness of Chris Killen who scored a few in that period too, Kevin Betsy's timely return to form who worked his arse off once he knew he was leaving and of course Pogs super show v Bradford on the final day when the midfield went into its shell.

Killkenny's performances more than picked up towards the end of the season and he did make a vital difference....

Well said. Of all the people who say it's a bad move....not being an Oldham fan, what would you do in his shoes? We can now spend the money a bit more wisely (including wages, god knows how much we offered!).

Cheers Neil.

I'm worried TTA may not loosen the purse strings so liberally for someone else. I hope they do.

He would have been a big fish in a small pond here. There he's just another midfielder, he's got the fans to win over whereas many of ours idolised him AND there are players that will probably be on a lot more than him. Will he get away with gobbing off to his team-mates and management team at Elland Road? His place in the team was guaranteed at BP he'll have to fight every step of the way and if he has a poor run, I don't think Wise will think twice about dropping him. Anyhow good luck Neil, thanks for your two periods of service, and whilst I'm pretty indifferent to you choosing another club I can't help but feel it will bite you on the arse as if Leeds do get promoted, I think you'll be cast aside as Leeds go all out for a return to the big-time and where will that leave you..............................????Donny perhaps???

I guess that's just something he'll have to deal with. He's a professional who has spent time with Arsenal and Birmingham and maybe feels that at 21 now it's time he got recognised on a larger stage than 5000 at BP or a handful with Brum reserves. Of course Leeds are still League one but their profile is much higher than ours for various reasons. He's made a decision which he thinks is best for him. It wasn't done to spite us or anything like that. He's doing what is best for himself be his motivation money, crowds, whatever.

That's twice Latics have helped out Kilkenny's career. In the close season he was bleating to come back here so he could escape reserve team football. Latics gave him his wish, the fans sung his praises and played to his ego. Now where is he when the club tolds him we'll build a team around you and here's the money to prove it? gone that's what, well that's the last time Neil. You better hope it all works out.

Couldnt agree more. Oh well he can take his ego and his money grabbing attitude and **** off. He has been a good player for us, but with an ego the size of his it could be more problematic for the dressing room if we did sign him.

Cheers Neil.

Yeah, the people filled with bitterness about it all are either living in a dreamland or the biggest hypocrites ever.

It's a job. It's more money. It's a nicer workplace (depending on your view)... You're telling me most people haven't done that before in their career?

He's never led us into thinking he'll definitely stay. We're starting to act like Blackpool fans with our big chips on our shoulders when a decent player leaves.

And has anyone had a go at Marcus Holness today? because he's left under similar circumstances (leaves to local 'rival' for arguably more money, more prospects etc.). I thought not.

Couldnt agree more. Oh well he can take his ego and his money grabbing attitude and **** off. He has been a good player for us, but with an ego the size of his it could be more problematic for the dressing room if we did sign him.

Ego? Where does all this come from? I'm sure most people dream it up so they can make an excuse not to like him.

Money grabbing attitude? And you've never left a job for more money? Go on, tell me because he's a professional footballer then it's somehow different.

This chap to replace him then?

Here

Would've been given more time on the pitch but due to good form at the time he didn't see much action. Maybe available on loan considering he's only played reserve games all season and his club seem to be having a bit of a clear out this month too.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Here

Would've been given more time had we not played him due to good form at the time. Maybe available on loan considering he's only played reserve games all season and his club seem to be having a bit of a clear out this month too.

you beat me too that. from what i seen of him he was a good player!!!!!

re kilkenny, thanks for your services, good luck at leeds, nuff said really.

Here

Would've been given more time on the pitch but due to good form at the time he didn't see much action. Maybe available on loan considering he's only played reserve games all season and his club seem to be having a bit of a clear out this month too.

Good call....looked very handy, plus he's another 12 months older

Ego? Where does all this come from? I'm sure most people dream it up so they can make an excuse not to like him.

Money grabbing attitude? And you've never left a job for more money? Go on, tell me because he's a professional footballer then it's somehow different.

Take away the Oldham part of the equation and you'd get a completely different answer.

I dont see how people can seemingly try and even contemplate comparing this to say, if he'd gone to Doncaster. Leeds are a far bigger proposition than the two of us. It's like moving from owning a market stall to a megastore.

It's not like Kilkenny is going to be bragging about the money in future, unlike Wellens.

I tell you Mr Shankley where the Ego comes from! from my point of view, When NK was first on loan at Latics, he was staying with some friends of my family for the duration of his stay, I was fortunate enough to be able to go to Latics end of season party, and was introduced by friends daughter to NK who was a complete arrogant big headed :censored: toward myself and her, and all because he was stood with a couple of youth team players. At the same do I was introduced to quite a few of the other players who I can honestly say were very civil and approchable!

As for on the pitch I'm sure we will need to replace him quickly as we will miss some of his passing ability, but at least it will give somebody else a chance to take Free Kicks, Corners etc! he thinks he is Super Footballer the way he struts around on the pitch. Good Riddance

And has anyone had a go at Marcus Holness today? because he's left under similar circumstances (leaves to local 'rival' for arguably more money, more prospects etc.). I thought not.

Sorry J, but that comparison is absolute :censored:

KK was wanted, Holness wasn't.

Holness has gone to a side in a lower division to get regular football, as he wasn't getting a sniff here. It's a good move for the lad and I hope it works out for him.

KK was guaranteed a start, would have been our highest played player (which might have still been lower than at Leeds he would still most definitely have been on a decent screw). As Lags pointed out we've helped KK's career twice now and we were prepared to break the bank for him and both times he's blown us out for what he perceives to be bigger and better things.

As for on the pitch I'm sure we will need to replace him quickly as we will miss some of his passing ability, but at least it will give somebody else a chance to take Free Kicks, Corners etc! he thinks he is Super Footballer the way he struts around on the pitch. Good Riddance

I'd think I was a super footballer to if i'd been at Arsenal youth and had played in the Premier League for Birmingham at such a young age. I'm sure pretty much everyone on here would too.

Other players took set peices besides KK. It's just that they were even worse at them than him. Bar Eardley's free kick's in certain positions. Infact most of the corners, despite alot of the time struggling to beat the first man - where never going to be tucked away as bar Trotman, there is absolutely no-one who poses a threat because bar him, they all stand static waiting for the ball to come to them.

Is it any wonder Neil didnt sign for us. Every player who goes to some one else, despite it blantantly being a big step up for them. Gets slagged off and made into public enemy number 1. Fickle as anything. Especially given the reaction towards him before, during and after the game at Leeds only a few days ago.