Kilkenny to Leeds!

Good call....looked very handy, plus he's another 12 months older

Would love to see Cywka back - for me, there was not much different between him and Kilkenny, just confidence, and lack of first team action - with a couple of games I think he could give us exactly what KK did - hopefully with a bit more consistency....

This kid is rathed as pretty much the best prospect in Poland so sure we would only be getting him on loan though....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid is rathed as pretty much the best prospect in Poland so sure we would only be getting him on loan though....

No doubt at all, just a loan but they do seem to be clearing a few out at Wigan to get a few bodies in for the relegation battle and I can't see them throwing him in the deep end with that.

Get a call in Shez.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

KK as gone, he's left an hole we can only hope will be filled.

I'm also happier that he's gone to Leeds than Donny, good look to the lad but I'll ask one question !

If he is that good why is his next club just another Club in our division and not at least a Championship Club ?

My answer to that would be his head is not on football at the moment and late nights, pub every night etc has made him take his eye off the game !

Bert will do well at Norwich too !

Hopefully the money TTA were willing to spend on KK can be still available for another player (s)

Aye, I'd go along with that, especially now that Bruce is their manager, he has a decent record of giving us players on loan.

If I recall correctly Tommy has some nice balls up his sleeve.

total shock.never saw it coming.

any respect i had for him now has gone,stringing us along for 2 weeks knowing that we desperately wanted to sign him,and build a team around him.

i hope it all goes tits up for him now,we have accomodated him twice,and twice helped him out,and been kicked in the teeth twice.

i just hope tta's are still going to give shez the money they were going to spend on kk.

Good move for KK in my opinion. With the support that Leeds can command it should really only be a matter of time until they get back into the championship\prem. I would like to think that Shez has known the KK was off quite a few weeks ago and will therefore have some suitable replacements lined up.

Drphibes

I know what Bradley off Eastenders feels like now, bad enough the cheating but with his own father. I felt terrible upon hearing he had left but going to Leeds is an extra slap in the face.

We need a creative midfielder asap and I think Cywmka is a great shout, just hope Steve Bruce lets us have him.

Seen on SSN today that Chelsea's Jimmy Smith has be recalled from Norwich, he been on loan at a few Championship clubs in the last couple of seasons and is meant to be a creative midfielder. Any chance we could use our agreement with Chelsea to pick this guy up for the rest of the season?

Sorry J, but that comparison is absolute :censored:

KK was wanted, Holness wasn't.

Holness has gone to a side in a lower division to get regular football, as he wasn't getting a sniff here. It's a good move for the lad and I hope it works out for him.

KK was guaranteed a start, would have been our highest played player (which might have still been lower than at Leeds he would still most definitely have been on a decent screw). As Lags pointed out we've helped KK's career twice now and we were prepared to break the bank for him and both times he's blown us out for what he perceives to be bigger and better things.

I'll be stark Dan. Is it because it's Leeds? Really, is it?

We've helped his career twice? You're making out he'd be stuck in Brums stiffs for 4 years. In the same statement you state he's wanted? Make yer mind up. He'd have gone to another club on loan if it wasn't us anyway.

It all smacks of sour grapes, along with the rest of the 'big ego' and 'arrogent' rubbish. Because that's never been proven and it's all due to a few people going on about how he comes accross in person (when by the same token the opposite has been said about him many times). Everyone's acting like a complete baby about it. Footballer leaves for bigger club and more money. It happens.

The comparison with Holness, well, perhaps crass but hurridly came to mind at work. But other footballers have left OUR club for the exact same reasons Kilkenny has yet sod all has been said about it. Which smacks of total hypocrasy in my eyes.

Seen on SSN today that Chelsea's Jimmy Smith has be recalled from Norwich, he been on loan at a few Championship clubs in the last couple of seasons and is meant to be a creative midfielder. Any chance we could use our agreement with Chelsea to pick this guy up for the rest of the season?

Our agreement with Chelsea really means nothing! They will consider any approach by us, just like any other loan request! Hopefully after seeing how RB has done, they will look more favourably though.

Good luck Neil. We helped him out with first team football which is what he wanted rather than being a bit part player in Championship. He helped us out to. Not sure why it has come out of the blue to some people, his agent will have touted him around a bit, Leeds were short of mids, he signed the deal witht that fantastic performance. (Ironically O'Driscoll has been complaining that he had been touted about, I wonder if Shez actually tipped off Wise so that Donny didn't get him).

He has his chance now, he will probably play better with a bit of pressure for places anyway. He needs that as he's too inconsistent without competition... bit like Wellens with that.

If he does well and Leeds don't want him, someone else will. If he doesn't do well then it will probably be his own fault. Not really that bothered really as no matter how good he is on his day, he doesn't consistently do it. Yes i'd love to have him but not at any price.

Leeds, we won't play em again. They will go up as champs and we will be the only team to have got a win at there place. If Shez can bring some more decent players in, who knows....

any respect i had for him now has gone,stringing us along for 2 weeks knowing that we desperately wanted to sign him,and build a team around him.

Stringing us along? What did you expect him to do FFS? Openly state "I'm not interested in staying here" just after the Milwall game? Aye, that'd have gone down a right storm.

He's never strung us along in the slightest.

I think they may be taking him back to actually be part of the squad now due to injuries. If we could get him I'd be feeling like this :bblue2: but it won't happen.

It's a shame Kilkenny has left, would have done his career no harm I think if he had stayed here, think moving to Leeds will be more of a challenge for him, he's clearly more than good enough for this division but he could quickly see himself frozen out there if his performances aren't great. At least he hasn't gone to Doncaster!

I know what Bradley off Eastenders feels like now, bad enough the cheating but with his own father.

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read on here! Comparing Kilkenny's move to the goings-on on a soap opera, hilarious.

On the bright side, it all happened after the Chron went to print :grin:

Guest oa_exile
Would Cywka want to come back? Didn't he leave early because he never got a game, or am I thinking about somebody else?

He was "Called back" early to the pie ed's due to "Injuries" but the pie ed's (Jewell) were not happy that he wasnt getting 1st team football at BP

Wouldn't it be great, to be singing NK, NK, what's the score, when Hughesy bags a last minute play-off winner at Wembley. That's for '87 yer tossbags! I can dream...........................................

I can see it now.....Tommy Wright putting his arm round the shoulder of a tearful Kilkenny.

I'll be stark Dan. Is it because it's Leeds? Really, is it?

We've helped his career twice? You're making out he'd be stuck in Brums stiffs for 4 years. In the same statement you state he's wanted? Make yer mind up. He'd have gone to another club on loan if it wasn't us anyway.

It all smacks of sour grapes, along with the rest of the 'big ego' and 'arrogent' rubbish. Because that's never been proven and it's all due to a few people going on about how he comes accross in person (when by the same token the opposite has been said about him many times). Everyone's acting like a complete baby about it. Footballer leaves for bigger club and more money. It happens.

The comparison with Holness, well, perhaps crass but hurridly came to mind at work. But other footballers have left OUR club for the exact same reasons Kilkenny has yet sod all has been said about it. Which smacks of total hypocrasy in my eyes.

Grow up mate. Is it :censored: cos he went to Leeds. It would have been worse had he gone to Donny!

What's difficult to grasp? We helped his career twice while he was sat in Brum's reserves, particularly this time after his latest falling out with Bruce on their pre season tour of wherever it was. He was wanted here, and we were prepared to break the bank for him.

And the thing about other footballers leaving OUR club for the exact same reason and nowt being said. Like who then?

Let's think who went for more money and supposedly bigger and better things?

Beckett? Nah, he got slagged off.

Betsy? Nah, got slagged off.

Porter? Oooops.

Wellens? Hmmmm.

Rachubka? Too good for this level? I suppose he managed in the end with Blackpool!

Wijnhard and his phone calls?

The only one I can think of is Lee Grant, and lets face it, we never had a snowballs of signing him perm, AND he went back to his own club to fight for his place.

Edited by danoafc