Kilkenny to Leeds!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

sickening.

can't see the logic from Kilkenny's point of view.

unless it means he can stay on the wages Birmingham are/were paying him (with Leeds covering it all) rather than take a cut by coming to us or Doncaster? then get a permanent deal somewhere in the summer?

If you look at the article it just says he is on emergency loan so he can play in the short term - final deal will be sorted out next week.... I highly doubt he is on any type of wages at Birmingham that Leeds couldnt match.....

I honestly dont have any hard feeling on this one... Donny would have nobbed me right off, but lets be honest, this is a good move for him.... and if he does have this unlimited potential which is still in doubt, he needs to be playing at a bigger club - with all the blue hearted love in the world, leeds are a bigger club and have a great chance of going up - KK will add to that...

As prozac says though - wouldnt a playoff win over them be fantastic....

I hope Shez has known that he was defo ofski for a while though, and as everyone says... i'm not bothered about being bitter, i just want to know we are getting some decent bodies in as a replacement.... as for who fills that role..... I'd think tomorrow it will be Allott - as is said if given that role, he can put his foot on the ball and pass.... but we need a little bit more than that for the rest of the season...

Exactly...he is after the money....bad move for a young lad i feel...needs football and he will get a lot of competetion at Leeds..

Not right now he won't. They are desperate for midfielders due to injuries even resorting to try and get Derry back (that may have just been a chance to bad mouth him though).

The only thing that would have surprised me is if he had stayed with us.

His and Bertrand's gesture of giving their shirts to people in the crowd after the Leeds game spoke far more than any words ever could.

I've got to say it's a good move for him, Leeds will probably go up and will be paying him more than we could afford.

Thats two jumped up little gob:censored:es Leeds have now then. As i've said many times, never wanted him back here after all the alledged problems he caused in the dressing room. I'm sure Shez won't panic and bring the RIGHT guy in for the club. NK isn't that guy imo, 1 good game in 5 is not good enough, at least we might be able to take set-pieces now as Taylor put some belting balls in from corners and free-kicks in pre-season. NOt bothered in the slightest, the lad was over-hyped in 04/05 and even more so this season.

Please tell me your jokin Prozac? Yeah he's an arrogant t**t but clearly improves our team and creates many chances. Taylor is not a good set piece taker imo! Over rated? Maybe but still probably our best player when he was here. 1 good game in 5 is absolute boll*cks tho!

Not right now he won't. They are desperate for midfielders due to injuries even resorting to try and get Derry back (that may have just been a chance to bad mouth him though).

He would have been a big fish in a small pond here. There he's just another midfielder, he's got the fans to win over whereas many of ours idolised him AND there are players that will probably be on a lot more than him. Will he get away with gobbing off to his team-mates and management team at Elland Road? His place in the team was guaranteed at BP he'll have to fight every step of the way and if he has a poor run, I don't think Wise will think twice about dropping him. Anyhow good luck Neil, thanks for your two periods of service, and whilst I'm pretty indifferent to you choosing another club I can't help but feel it will bite you on the arse as if Leeds do get promoted, I think you'll be cast aside as Leeds go all out for a return to the big-time and where will that leave you..............................????Donny perhaps???

Not really a suprise that he's gone to someone other than us. Always pretty much guarenteed given the way he was at the end of Leeds.

Scooby's Bar is no doubt throwing a leaving party for him? :grin:

Cant blame him for going and for a club like Leeds. Playing in front of big crowds week in at a club pushing for promotion. I dont begrudge him that one bit. At least he didnt go to Doncaster, who by all accounts probably would have offered him more money.

That's twice Latics have helped out Kilkenny's career. In the close season he was bleating to come back here so he could escape reserve team football. Latics gave him his wish, the fans sung his praises and played to his ego. Now where is he when the club tolds him we'll build a team around you and here's the money to prove it? gone that's what, well that's the last time Neil. You better hope it all works out.

Apart from creativity, one think which Killer was good at was tackling, and winning the ball back so it's difficult to replace an all-rounder like that. A lot of people seem to think he'll be very replaceable but for the last 2 or even 3 months he's been excellent for me, and been involved in a lot of our goal output.

I've no issue with him going, he's never led us down the garden path and it was a great gesture handing his shirt to the crowd at the end of his final game. I also don't see him giving any arrogent incognito money-rubbing gestures like Wellens did the other week either.

Best of luck Neil, I just hope we can replace you.

How on earth can anyone say that this isn't a good move for him? Released by a Premiership club, courted by 2 average League One clubs and then takes a chance at a very big club who are clearly in the wrong division (just add the 15 points back!). Crowds of 25k and the wages to match.

Good luck to him. I hate Leeds but to think that Donny could have nicked yet another player from under our noses would have been too much to bear.

Plus, he can still go in Pinchito's.

can't help but feel it will bite you on the arse as if Leeds do get promoted, I think you'll be cast aside as Leeds go all out for a return to the big-time and where will that leave you..............................????Donny perhaps???

Leeds may not get promoted, but Latics might, now that would be ironic.

That's twice Latics have helped out Kilkenny's career. In the close season he was bleating to come back here so he could escape reserve team football. Latics gave him his wish, the fans sung his praises and played to his ego. Now where is he when the club tolds him we'll build a team around you and here's the money to prove it? gone that's what, well that's the last time Neil. You better hope it all works out.

Bang on Lags.

Please tell me your jokin Prozac? Yeah he's an arrogant t**t but clearly improves our team and creates many chances. Taylor is not a good set piece taker imo! Over rated? Maybe but still probably our best player when he was here. 1 good game in 5 is absolute boll*cks tho!

The one good game in 5 comment stands. A decent 20 minute spell here and there before slipping into anonyminity does not constitute a good game in my book. We may struggle for a couple of games without our so-called talisman but we'll soon adjust. In pre-season without him we looked decent, then we had to change the whole game plan to accomodate him. As for Taylor's set-pieces they were very good early season and his corners far more of a threat than KK's, for one he doesn't fanny about with tipp-tappy short :censored: and often even beats the first man unlike KK.

He has certainly burnt his bridges here I feel...but he has my best wishes.....just think he has made the wrong move...

Not really a suprise that he's gone to someone other than us. Always pretty much guarenteed given the way he was at the end of Leeds.

Scooby's Bar is no doubt throwing a leaving party for him? :grin:

Cant blame him for going and for a club like Leeds. Playing in front of big crowds week in at a club pushing for promotion. I dont begrudge him that one bit. At least he didnt go to Doncaster, who by all accounts probably would have offered him more money.

He'd better come nowhere near Scooby's :angry:

can't help but feel it will bite you on the arse as if Leeds do get promoted, I think you'll be cast aside as Leeds go all out for a return to the big-time and where will that leave you..............................????Donny perhaps???

Leeds may not get promoted, but Latics might, now that would be ironic.

That would be soo sweet :)

Wouldn't it be great, to be singing NK, NK, what's the score, when Hughesy bags a last minute play-off winner at Wembley. That's for '87 yer tossbags! I can dream...........................................

Oh i love it!!!! Cant wait for that one, i can feel it in me bones!

Where does everyone get thos 'ego' and 'arrogent' thing from? Sure, he can be mouthy on the pitch, but most midfield general types are. FFS most of you saw Shez when he played for us - no different.

Or is it because a few people have said he's like that in real life, in which it's all conjecture and "a mate says this..." innit?

Yes, he's gone for the money. Big deal, tell me a player these days that doesn't. Who's our longest serving player by the way? I bet it's not longer than five years.

The bottom line is he's never indicated to anyone he'd stay at the end of his loan period. He also handed his shirt to the crowd which can only tell you all you need to know.