Read a good quote?

Some good things being said all over about our Awesome club ;)

from Toffeeweb

Make no mistake this was a justified win for Oldham. We failed to make class count; there was nothing wrong with the referee and Oldham played to their best which on the day was good enough. Compound this with the fact that their fans out-shouted and out-sang ours and you get some idea of the day.

This is my favorite....

Gary "Who put the ball in Everton's Net....Super" McDonald...

I just wanted to celebrate with our fans because 5,500 of them were there giving it their all and they were our twelfth man today. It gives you such a boost when you come out and see that many of our supporters in the ground. You want to put on a good display so as to not let them down.

Some good things being said all over about our Awesome club ;)

from Toffeeweb

Make no mistake this was a justified win for Oldham. We failed to make class count; there was nothing wrong with the referee and Oldham played to their best which on the day was good enough. Compound this with the fact that their fans out-shouted and out-sang ours and you get some idea of the day.

It still amuses me that Rod Liddle in the Sunday Times (great column) gives Lee Hughes a mention for the 2nd week running!

This is a classic - from the Everton fans' 'whenskiesaregrey' web site:

"A quick word to those in the Park End though who felt the need to throw their replica shirts on the pitch at the final whistle - your gesture loses some of its drama when you then hang around and sheepishly ask a steward to retrieve it for you."

Guest oa_exile

"A quick word to those in the Park End though who felt the need to throw their replica shirts on the pitch at the final whistle - your gesture loses some of its drama when you then hang around and sheepishly ask a steward to retrieve it for you."

Someone got a bonus yesterday as Hughes threw his shirt into the crowd at the end of the match

Now that is funny! :lol:

On TalkSPORT radio this morning, Everton fan Mike Parry said how hard it was for him to come to terms with the result but added "it must be fantastic to be an Oldham player or fan. It must be the greatest Cup result in the Club's history."

At last I'm able to agree with 'Porky' Parry about something! :grin:

On TalkSPORT radio this morning, Everton fan Mike Parry said how hard it was for him to come to terms with the result but added "it must be fantastic to be an Oldham player or fan. It must be the greatest Cup result in the Club's history."

Although that comment does make you wonder whether he can remember as far back as 1990. :grin:

"But with their tangerine tops, they looked like Holland in disguise - and Johan Cruyff himself would have been proud of the goal which proved decisive a minute into first-half injury time"

taken from the sunday people

that is a cracker, absolutely!

I had more than a few beers at the time, but was that Lee Dixon being very nice and heaping lots of praise on Latics - including saying that Moyes didn't field a understrength team - on Match of The Day last night?

I never liked Dixon - I still have a grudge since his antics got Rick Holden sent off at Boundary Park many moons ago - but a bit of praise for Latics has raised him in my estimation from very unlikeable to moderatly unlikeable!

AS we travelled back to the station our taxi driver, a Liverpool fan, said that he had just picked up some Everton fans who had said how bad it was to be beaten by a 'Championship side'. One of the lads said that we are in league one and not the Championship. The other said that we played like a Championship side. That is a compliment!!! :D:D:D:D:D

AS we travelled back to the station our taxi driver, a Liverpool fan, said that he had just picked up some Everton fans who had said how bad it was to be beaten by a 'Championship side'. One of the lads said that we are in league one and not the Championship. The other said that we played like a Championship side. That is a compliment!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Not only a League One side, but also a depleted one, which none of the Everton criticisers of Moyes' team selection cares to mention.

"But with their tangerine tops, they looked like Holland in disguise - and Johan Cruyff himself would have been proud of the goal which proved decisive a minute into first-half injury time"

taken from the sunday people

Are we Holland

Are we Holland

Are we Holland in disguise

Are we Holland in disguise

Yesterday was absolutely amazing, just what football should be all about, but the 'greatest cup result in the club's history'? Not for me.

I feel on top of the world but after the win at Bolton in '94, I was on a different planet entirely.

Yesterday was absolutely amazing, just what football should be all about, but the 'greatest cup result in the club's history'? Not for me.

I feel on top of the world but after the win at Bolton in '94, I was on a different planet entirely.

In '94 we were in the Premier League and Bolton were the underdogs.

Yesterday we were a depleted Third Division team playing at the home of Greedy League high-flyers, fifty-odd places above us and worlds apart in terms of money spent on players - hence the enormity of the result.