Great Draw..Huddersfiled at hom

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Terriers support has been poor all season, and like many teams they will travel if they are winning. I would not expect them to bring more then 3000 TBH 9500/10000 max for the game. Didnt they only take 94 fans to Tranmere on a friday night, or was the rumor about a printing error correct?

This definately a game we can win, they are pretty inconsistent, and we are cagey at home (due to the moaning brigade) so sould be a good game. Last 16 here we come LOL LOL LOL!

I'm struggling to understand why our home form this season is because of the "moaning brigade"? It's true we haven't been ripping any trees up this season but blaming in on the fans is just nonsense.

New players still feeling their way around,loanees,loss of Porter and Wellens,injuries to Gregan and Liddell and Pogs and umpteen 1-0 defeats have contributed to our current league position. We haven't had a great deal of luck apart from the swansea game and most referees these days seem to favour the away team.

I am pleased with this draw as we can easily do a job on Hudders, hopefully get a big un in the next round and generate lots of money for the club.

I wonder if Porter and Haining was slightly jealous of our boys on Saturday as they were winning in front of 33,000. Haining was playing in front of 4,500 in his two team league

Sheridan wasnt happy with the draw. Said he really wanted to avoid Hudds...arcticle in the Metro

He did say on the plus side that both teams think they can win it and it should be a full house...

Full house ? I doubt that....

Edited by oafc0000

Sheridan wasnt happy with the draw. Said he really wanted to avoid Hudds...arcticle in the Metro

He did say on the plus side that both teams think they can win it and it should be a full house...

Full house ? I doubt that....

strange that as i saw the draw live and shez was happy,said it wasnt the big pay day some had wanted but definately a match they can win and progress.

i must say the coverage on the tv yesterday was great,keeping us firmly in the public eye,maybe the bbc are adopting us for this years cup run,lol

crap draw gutted

on the other hand...hopefully get a resonable turn out...and good chance of going through...

I dont quite understand how you can be gutted, this is a winnable tie and one step closer the final. More rounds of the cup means more money and more confidence, we dont want Portsmonth away do we. If we keep getting a favourable draw then this team is capable of going far. Gutted my arse, well take manure in semi then.

Honestly think that's the worst draw we could have got!

Honesty is not your best policy then is it. Leave the hard ties to the quarter finals fella, were not going to beat premier teams in every round are we. Get your feet on the ground and your head out of Goodison dream land.

I dont quite understand how you can be gutted, this is a winnable tie and one step closer the final. More rounds of the cup means more money and more confidence, we dont want Portsmonth away do we. If we keep getting a favourable draw then this team is capable of going far. Gutted my arse, well take manure in semi then.

lol....how can you say Gutted my arse :P Its my feelings! lol

Had the chance of getting Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal and we got Huddersfield.....

And my original post pointed out the fact it was winnable! lol...pointless post :P

Edited by oafc0000

strange that as i saw the draw live and shez was happy,said it wasnt the big pay day some had wanted but definately a match they can win and progress.

i must say the coverage on the tv yesterday was great,keeping us firmly in the public eye,maybe the bbc are adopting us for this years cup run,lol

Putting a brave face on it for the cameras I guess....hardly going to rant on BBC is he :)

"so John how do you feel about the draw?"

John says "Im gutted! We had the chance of getting Man U or Liverpool and we end up with this shower of :censored:!"

Would of made cracking TV though :D

Edited by oafc0000

I'm struggling to understand why our home form this season is because of the "moaning brigade"? It's true we haven't been ripping any trees up this season but blaming in on the fans is just nonsense.

New players still feeling their way around,loanees,loss of Porter and Wellens,injuries to Gregan and Liddell and Pogs and umpteen 1-0 defeats have contributed to our current league position. We haven't had a great deal of luck apart from the swansea game and most referees these days seem to favour the away team.

I think our tactics and the way away teams come to BP these days is a major factor. Away from home it's the home teams perogitive to attack us, which suits us perfectly as we've exploited countless times when we move the ball upfield quick. Teams coming to BP seem settled on a draw, and in some circumstances (e.g. Northampton, Southend, Bristol Rovers) came away with 3 points thanks to an opportunists goal or a rare push up on the break.

It's our problem to overcome these type of teams when they play with 10 behind the ball and pack the area to frustrate us. Which is why a good creative midfielder is an absolute must to unlock those 0-0 stalemates.

Not missing sitters, free headers and chances to kill a game off completely as also cost us. I still cringe when I think of Smalley's open goal miss against Bristol Rovers, or Stams free header against Walsall amongst many others. Top sides in this division are clinical in those situations and it's where we have to improve.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Dont post much but some of the stuff on here is quite frankly unbelievable.

Yes a draw at United or any of the big prem clubs would have been fantastic financially,but then again we could have ben drawn away to southend Plymouth portsmouth swansea coventry etc etc etc.The fact is we have an amazing chance of making it to round 5,we can then take on one of the big boys with more money under our belts.

In short i believe we will beat hudds,in fact i'm very confident that we will.

As a Lancastrian in exile on the "wrong" side of t'hills this has some added spice for me with some of the blokes at work.

To repeat what others have said - not the Big Draw we all wanted i.e. top premiership team, preferably away for the day out and the cash. Also from a financial point of view its not home to a higher division side, which given the rest of the draw would have probably snagged us a TV date.

But there were a fair few less enticing prospects out there - and at least League One will be represented in Round 5. If not us, I'll wish Andy Ritchie the best of look.

Hudds fans at work not overjoyed either. Some comments include:

"Bloody Hell"

"We get nowt at Boundary Park apart from 'flu"

"Probably be two rubbish draws followed by a shambles of a penalty shoot-out"

I for one am looking forward to it - come on the Blues!