Great Draw..Huddersfiled at hom

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems a bit of a pap draw all round really with no ties leaping out.

If Swansea were at home to Liverpool you'd fancy that but no one will watch the reverse fixture. I'd guess the 'best' are:

Wigan v Chelsea

Man Utd v Tottenham/Reading

Peterbrough v Charlton

Mansfield v Nappy Rippers

Not a chance of Peterbrough v Charlton ....

winnable but bloody annoying.

i hope we dont give them the entire rocky road end.

Alan Hardy on Five Live suggested that Huddersfield will be given all the RRE.

If we can get our home form in order it's a great opportunity to progress to the 5th round, and another payday!!

Could have been a lot better but also a lot worse. Chance again of progression and then who knows. Everton will be kicking themselves even more now having seen the draw though.

Heh. Now I've reflected, it's a better draw I reckon than perhaps Fulham, Middlesborough or Portsmouth away. With what's at stake it'll add spice to a pretty feisty Lancs-Yorks derby. How anyone can complain at that I'll never know.

Heh. Now I've reflected, it's a better draw I reckon than perhaps Fulham, Middlesborough or Portsmouth away. With what's at stake it'll add spice to a pretty feisty Lancs-Yorks derby. How anyone can complain at that I'll never know.

It'll do and should we get further then there'll still be the big sides there with an even better chance of us drawing one. Providing they don't slip up like some did this weekend :wink:

Im looking at the draw from a money point of view and from that point of view its a crap draw (unless we win).....all three of those prem sides would have created more money than Hudds....besides that I agree....its winable and its a bit of a grudge match....

Edited by oafc0000

I'd have quite fancied Fulham away.

Im looking at the draw from a money point of view and from that point of view its a crap draw (unless we win).....all three of those prem sides would have created more money than Hudds....besides that I agree....its winable and its a bit of a grudge match....

True, but then it's money that a week ago we'd never dreamed of getting. Think of it like finding £20 in your jeans pocket! Then again, a trip to either of those teams I mentioned wouldn't bring much more than what we'll trawl in against Udders, which won't be far off a full BP.

A couple of strong signings this month providing they aren't cup tied and we've a great chance. Even off a replay!

Kets - I'm sure you wouldn't :grin:

I don't think any of those three would have brought more than Hudders will, maybe there would have been more of a chance of tv but I doubt it.

I reckon the BBC Sport headline: "Havant may face trip to Liverpool," shows just how bad the draw was overall.

From the media's perspective it is an uninspiring draw. They were kinda hoping either us or Huddersfield would get a plum draw they can televise I assume. Same with Peterborough. Had Swansea/Havant got Liverpool at home it'd be a surefire TV game.

Mansfield V Middlesborough and Sheffield United V West Ham/Man City are likely TV games, along with Man United V Spuzz/Reading.

It's a one-off game with a chance of getting into the fifth-round of the cup. There'll be a hell of a lot more at BP. I'd say 10k at least.

Exactly, I think Huddersfield will easily bring 4,000. How often will either team get the realistic chance of progressing to the 5th round with all the 'big boys'.

I thinks it's a good draw.

I was talking about getting them away....

And even then none of them would get much more than 15k in the ground. At about £10-£15 a head in a draw we'd more than liekly get knocked out in. My back of a fag packet calcs say Hudds at home is a more likely way of getting more coinage.

Exactly, I think Huddersfield will easily bring 4,000. How often will either team get the realistic chance of progressing to the 5th round with all the 'big boys'.

I thinks it's a good draw.

If we win its a great draw, if we lose it will be disappointing draw...