Great Draw..Huddersfiled at hom

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it will be a sell out and do not think it will be treated any differently than a normal league game. It’s disappointing; but we have already had our glamour tie and if we win we can start dreaming again.

I really wanted Watford away :disappointed:

I don't know why people are saying this is the worst tie we could have got. A championship team would have been worse, because they wouldn't have created much more revenue but would be high favourites to beat us. A local derby at home in which we are favourites to win and progress to round 5. Good draw.

Don't think it will be a sell out and do not think it will be treated any differently than a normal league game. It’s disappointing; but we have already had our glamour tie and if we win we can start dreaming again.

I really wanted Watford away :disappointed:

Best we will get is about 8,000 for this game. 3,000 Hudds 5,000 Oldham.... We only got about 10,000 for are play off game against QPR! Cant remember what we got against Blackpool....

On reflection though, it isnt all that bad, its winable which is a massive posative..

Edited by oafc0000

Maybe the Cup run will influence when the Lookers gets the chop? TTAS won't want to have to turn several thousand fans away in rounds 4 and 5 (and the quarters and semis).

The semi's wont be at Home, Played on a neutral ground but im sure i have heard that both the Semi's and the Final are at Wembley

Best we will get is about 8,000 for this game. 3,000 Hudds 5,000 Oldham.... We only got about 10,000 for are play off game against QPR! Cant remember what we got against Blackpool....

On reflection though, it isnt all that bad, its winable which is a massive posative..

I'm pretty sure our play off semi-final was sold out at BP. 13k.

We'll top 10k for Hudds, definitely. Cup fever from both teams, this ain't a meaningless end of season league game.

Someone commented that attendance against Hudds depends on ticket prices. According to FA Cup Rules, games from the third round proper have to have a minimum adult charge of £15. What with our maximum advanced price of £18, there isn't much room for manoeuvre.

Someone commented that attendance against Hudds depends on ticket prices. According to FA Cup Rules, games from the third round proper have to have a minimum adult charge of £15. What with our maximum advanced price of £18, there isn't much room for manoeuvre.

They still have a big bee in their bonnet after we charged them more in the away end too.

I am happy with the draw,can't understand why anyone would think it is crap! after all,it gives all the boundary park moaners a chance to sretch their vocal chords again!

Pretty sure that Stitch has a lot more to worry about than we do.

Onwards and upwards

I'm pretty sure our play off semi-final was sold out at BP. 13k.

We'll top 10k for Hudds, definitely. Cup fever from both teams, this ain't a meaningless end of season league game.

Prob about right on that one 10k max, i bet theyre holding off knocking the lookers down now! :-)

QPR playoff game wasn't quite a sell but it was more than 10,000 though. The Exact figure was 12,152

And 12,154 for Blackpool.

think its a decent draw really.and we can defo knock hudders out.we know how they play,there strenghs and weaknesses.

its all extra money that hasnt been budgeted for,so it all helps.very good chance of getting into the 5th round,then a big away payday and tv money as well,and who knows,with a bit of luck and the right draw we could have a cracking cup run.

beckett might not even be there as last week ritchie was looking at moving him out on loan,jevons is his prefered striker with booth.

no need to be down hearted,the further we go the more money we get,wipe the debt out and start next season on a level ground.

QPR playoff game wasn't quite a sell but it was more than 10,000 though. The Exact figure was 12,152

QPR would have sold out but we only got given the small section of the RRE the day before the game, the rest of the ground was full. Blackpool wasn't even sold out in the rest of the ground. Sorry, claims that we'll sell out for Huddersfield are way wide of the mark.

Once you get over the fact we didn't get Manure, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea, this is actually a bloody good draw.

There's a realistic possibility of making the 5th round and with it a 4 in 15 chance of getting one of the big 4 clubs.

Add to that the £60k winner's prize and £40k gate receipts and it gets even better.

We may have the best away form in the division and one of the worst home records but this match is 7 weeks away and I'm sure that things will have changed by then.

Whether you think it's a good draw or not, it's a darned sight better than the one Huddersfield got!

Hmm...I was sure that I had read that the match was to be played on the 26th / 27th of February and thought that it seemed a long way away!

I stand positively corrected!

The Terriers support has been poor all season, and like many teams they will travel if they are winning. I would not expect them to bring more then 3000 TBH 9500/10000 max for the game. Didnt they only take 94 fans to Tranmere on a friday night, or was the rumor about a printing error correct?

This definately a game we can win, they are pretty inconsistent, and we are cagey at home (due to the moaning brigade) so sould be a good game. Last 16 here we come LOL LOL LOL!

Had mixed feelings when I heard. Initially wanted a "biggie" away to generate even more cash but we have a great chance of going further now. And if we were going to get another League 1 club, I'd rather have Udders than Swindon / Bristol Rovers / Millwall / Luton / Southend / Trannie. Much bigger crowd for Udders although getting another one over Ronnie Moron would have been pretty OK as long as they get past Hereford & Cardiff.

Let's hope not too many more greedy league boys get dumped this time, then roll on Round 5.

Hmm...I was sure that I had read that the match was to be played on the 26th / 27th of February and thought that it seemed a long way away!

I stand positively corrected!

You did read it correctly but the infomation was incorrect. It was posted on the OS as being 26th/27th Feb but it has since been changed to read 26th/27th Jan.

this in reality is a pretty good draw,

playing a team who in the league have only scored 8 goals away from home, yeah it was a good win in the last round, but in the 1st round they scraped past accy stanley.

but they have had one or two tonkings(is that a word?) away from home. - this is more money in the funds a great chance to earn another £60k, plus a meeting at the emirates against the guuners on the 16th feb and perhaps a tv showdown.