Killie Fans Thoughts On Nish

Originally posted by Squirrelhumper

They can have him.

Defo not worth bursting the bank to keep him.

Originally posted by kev1869

agree 100%

Originally posted by dumpweed

50k and they can have him now.

Originally posted by Swankie

Let him go. I'm sure JJ will be able to find another striker who will improve the team.

Originally posted by KillieChris

Agree he isn't what I class as a striker tbh doesn't work hard, can't turn, 9 times out of 10 with his knock ons or passes going to opposition... need I say more.

Originally posted by killietilidie

Agree with above posts, not commited to Killie. Show him the door now, pay his taxi down to Oldham so he can complete the signing and give any fee to JJ to sign a replacement.

Honestly, I don't believe it would be that hard to replace Colin Nish with a player of equal or better ability!

Originally posted by Killiefan316

He can go now imo. Doesnt play well often enough and we could easily replace him.

Originally posted by kfc1978

i think hes already knocked back a four or five teams in our league,down south is where hel go, thats where the money is, ask grier,leven or mcdonald

(Sounds like a few players we know)

Originally posted by skyhigh

he can go and take his abysmal first touch with him.

Originally posted by Iain0510

We're talking about an average player, who is attempting to hold our club to ransom.

It's time he got dumped in the f**king stands until he makes a decision and somebody else got a chance, be it Wales and Jacko up front or Danny and Jacko!! Don't really care as long as Nish isn't playing!!

And by the way, I know the players mentioned above aren't up to much, but at least they're committed to the club!!

Originally posted by KILLIENURSE

hes not good enough. get rid now

Originally posted by c_u_jimmy

If any teams were watching him against Hearts, he'll be going nowwhere.

Originally posted by DW/DG1

Honest answer. Id rather he stayed for his goals and assists, but in no uncertain terms is he worth breaking the bank for. If he had a good first touch, was pretty on the ball and could win high balls then it may be different, but it aint.

Keep him if it's affordable and punt him if it aint!

Originally posted by chipsandgravy

Put it this way, he has scored a few goals, he has made a few could passes, hes even made 1 or 2 headers, but he is not worth busting the payroll for, he can be easily replaced. If he thinks he can do better else where let him try his luck. There have been a few players in the past leave to go on to bigger and better things only to realise that what they had at the Killie was bigger and better. I think Nish may fit into that bracket.

Originally posted by Squirrelhumper

Originally posted by kfc1978

Are you Colin Nish? haha, i had the radio on via earplugs at tynecastle,the commentaters were at a different game, i try to be as possitive as i can with my threads squirrel,jj stated hes goin nowhere until the summer then says he has 7 days to sign,what would you do? 7 hundred as you say or wait to see what happens. i attend 95% of our games,even pre season,how has his attitude stunk in recent weeks,some evidence please?

[Edited on 6-1-2008 by kfc1978]

Well here goes.

1. His diving is getting worse, even JJ was shouting at him to get up yesterday.

2. Mouthing off at fans.

3. Failing to put enough effort in.

4. Having one good game then 5 stinkers.

I could go on and on, I've also missed one game pre season and competitive this season and he has been very poor past 6 or 7 games, Gretna excepted.

As for signing the contract, if it was me I'd at least try during games when trying to get a better deal.

Bah, you can read the rest here:

http://killiefc.com/forum/viewthread.php?t...4985&page=2

I've got mixed feeling about this, reading some other quotes some fans are saying his goals and assists will be missed but his attitude is bad, or he isn't interested in the club.

Originally posted by tom061087

Nish must be some player underneath all that laziness according to some of you - he's by far the top scorer (7 goals in a very poor team - only one goal away from top 5 scorers in the league) and the best assists, yet many claim he doesnt try!!

My opinion is that he is easily the best striker at the club, puts in as much effort as anyone else and will be badly missed if he leaves. In terms of what he brings to the team (goals and assists win points) then he deserves to be up there with the top earners. My understanding is that he was prepared to accept our latest offer before his agent filled his head with other nonsense.

He can be very frustrating in front of goal but half the art of being a striker is getting into those positions and none of our other players give themselves the chance to miss sitters anywhere near as regularly. I cant understand the complaints about his ball retention and knock ons either - i actually think thats a strong point. When the balls played into feet he holds up play well and far more often than not finds a killie player. The reason his knock ons dont get us anywhere is because his strike partners never get close to him or gamble on a run in behind - can anyone remember Fernandez or Wales making any sort of attempt at this recently? When was the last time killie scored a goal one on one with the keeper?

[Edited on 6-1-0808 by tom061087]

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

All signings are a risk. We do not know how he has be ntreated by the managment, it may be his only way out i.e. not try too hard. We have to rely on Shez's assessment of what the core ability it..for whoever comes in. At present Woolfy is not good enough and Alessandra needs more reserve games to mature.

Pinch of salt methinks.

Fans winging and whining... this all looks like what was said about Porter (except swap 'bad first touch' and 'lazy bar steward' for 'injury crock' and 'offside all the time') when he was umming and ahhing about signing for us.

It's like people have already made their minds up before he's signed off the ramblings of some messageboard poseurs who seem to be upset about the way he's using the club to get a move.

TBH I'd take most of the Killie fans comments with a pinch of salt they are just about to lose possibly their best player.

They obviously aren't pleased about it and alot of what they are saying is bitterness and sour grapes.

They must feel exactly as we did over Porter leaving, we weren't happy about it and some spleens were vented on here.

The truth was most of us could see that 23 goal strikers are not easy to replace, and things were said that probably were very inaccurate and people didn't really mean and were just annoyed over the circumstances of his departure.

I think the same applies here.

Some more comments:

Anyway we started and in the first half *** was awful and so was he

Bloody hell things are bad if we're calling for out of form to be recalled to the team.

(no thanks)

(I'm not his biggest fan)

NO! - Not anymore (for a good while at least)

"the ghost"

he was anonymous from kick off to substitution.

A cheer went up when he was substituted

these re from as recently as November. The player in question, Gary McDonald.

Prediction of the season?

oafcshuck

QUOTE(footy68 @ Oct 28 2007, 23:32 PM)

I have just returned from a few wets with the Mrs in Royton Village. In Pinchitos was one Neil Kilkenny. Now I know each to his own etc. but he appeared slightly worse for wear and making a complete Two Hats of himself. If I wasn't with the better half of my marriage I would have told him what I thought, but I would like sex tonight so thought better of it. Now on Tuesday I will be parting with the best part of £100 to go to Forest, I don't appreciate what I saw tonight. Granted I'm not his biggest fan, but I find it annoying with the club's current situation and he's out making a Threepennybit of himself. I'd send him back now. I've drank with the Man Stam and he is a model Pro, unlike the child that is Kilkenny.

oafcshuck

I want to see JP & McDonald i dont know why but i can just see them being a right force and working there socks off for each other.

--------------------

And for agreeing with the above:

R.O.A.M

QUOTE(oafcshuck @ Oct 28 2007, 23:51 PM)

I want to see JP & McDonald i dont know why but i can just see them being a right force and working there socks off for each other.

I agree entirely, drop the big time charlie lording it up in Royton, not the first of last time it will be seen.

JP & GM for me

Prediction of the season?

oafcshuck

QUOTE(footy68 @ Oct 28 2007, 23:32 PM)

I have just returned from a few wets with the Mrs in Royton Village. In Pinchitos was one Neil Kilkenny. Now I know each to his own etc. but he appeared slightly worse for wear and making a complete Two Hats of himself. If I wasn't with the better half of my marriage I would have told him what I thought, but I would like sex tonight so thought better of it. Now on Tuesday I will be parting with the best part of £100 to go to Forest, I don't appreciate what I saw tonight. Granted I'm not his biggest fan, but I find it annoying with the club's current situation and he's out making a Threepennybit of himself. I'd send him back now. I've drank with the Man Stam and he is a model Pro, unlike the child that is Kilkenny.

oafcshuck

--------------------

First of all, how does that post fit in with the topic? Puzzled! Lol....2nd of all, not saying I disagree with the above but it is only 1 game fellas. Could work...not sure about at home, but what we were doing before wasn't working before at home so worth a go. Now note this prediction....Taylor, when fit, to come back in the middle and play the Tony Carss/Duxbury role! I'd give that one a go!

PS Nish....bring him on! Like the sound of this lad. And for those saying "white Micheal Ricketts" even better! As long as this one ain't scapegoated!