Kilkenny chooses "massive" club instead of the Club he "loves".

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was also at the game yesterday as well as a fan.

So what does that prove.....

Paul Scholes attends games as a fan

Lee Croft attends games as a fan.

no point to what your saying. Im with lags on this, KK could have stayed untill the end of the season and then had a look at what offers were about, if his is as good as you lot are making him out to be, then there would have been plenty of offers on the table.

Glad to see the back of him, just as i was to see the back of Wellens.

Never mind eh!!!!!

You have your opinion and I have mine or is it just that yours is far superior to mine.

No not at all, far from it. I mentioned it, that's all.

Free in, no singing and I bet he had a free drink too Lags!

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

I hope he paid in! bet he didnt. Did he sing or not, cos if he didnt he aint a fan nor a supporter.

FFS Lags, give it a rest eh? Did he run over your cat in said BMW or something? Your comparison with 'Arry has so many holes in it, you may as well call it a fishing net.

hes gone now, who cares, he chose leeds for the good of his career, and that was the sensible decision. they are a bigger club and will move up the divisions alot quicker than we will, they can sign better players and he made the right decision for his him.

i love latics but if it was benificial to my career and my family i would sign for dirty leeds, its a business at the end of the day , get what you can and get out, he owes us nothing.

if he picked up a long term injury the week before he was due to sign for us , would we have carried on and signed him, i think not , so to believe there is loyalty in football in stupid

fair play to the lad but he now plays for another club so lets forget about him and move on, he has.....................please!

FFS Lags, give it a rest eh? Did he run over your cat in said BMW or something? Your comparison with 'Arry has so many holes in it, you may as well call it a fishing net.

Respect your view, I believe it's wrong. I dont have a cat. Did Harry show loyalty this week? yes or no? where are the holes in your yes or no answer?. Harry said he stayed cos the club had been good to him and he'd been good to the club, or don't you believe Harry's reasons? an analogy not to unalike. Kilkenny can take a hike which he did.

Edited by Lags

Respect your view, I believe it's wrong. I dont have a cat. Did Harry show loyalty this week? yes or no? where are the holes in your yes or no answer?. Harry said he stayed cos the club had been good to him and he'd been good to the club, or don't you believe Harry's reasons? an analogy not to unalike. Kilkenny can take a hike which he did.

If you read the papers - and it's been quoted in more than three or four - Redknapp was to take the job but turned it down because it couldn't commute from south coast but had to move up to the north east. That was the reason - nothing to do with loyalty - but because he didn't want to upset family life. Was this not the same Redknapp who moved to Southampton from Portsmouth?

Also, Redknapp has millions in the bank and is the in twilight of his career so the comparison is completely inappropriate.

You're just bitter because the lad turned us down. He developed a fondness for our club whilst here and helped us out when we wanted him. He wanted to get out of Brum even on loan so the arrangement satisfied both parties. He owes us nothing though and can move wherever he likes. He's got a fondness for the club but he's never grown up a fan like we have.

Respect your view, I believe it's wrong.

Cheers. Each to their own and that...

Did Harry show loyalty this week? yes or no?

Depends which way you look at it. He was offered a job 600 miles away from his home, where he is settled having living and working there for the past, oooh 8 years or so. When he was offered another job on his doorstep (coincidentally with Pompey's fierce rivals) he snatched their hand off. Loyalty, surely if he was that he'd have shown it then, right?

where are the holes in your yes or no answer?. Harry said he stayed cos the club had been good to him and he'd been good to the club, or don't you believe Harry's reasons? an analogy not to unalike.

Doesn't really make sense this. Club had been good to him or because he's had his fingers burnt once before? My take on it is that because his entire family is settled, doesn't need the money, mortgage all paid up why take on a hot potato of a job which has turned out to be a posioned chalice so many times to others?

Kilkenny can take a hike which he did.

Yet another hole in YOUR argument. Kilkenny HASN'T got his mortgage paid off, ISN'T guaranteed of success or a long career with us and DOESN'T owe us a debt of repayment in that he stays for the season at least. He 'took a hike' because the Leeds offer was too good to turn down. I'm pretty sure he'd have picked us over Donny so we just missed out to a bigger club with more promise (I know, bitter pill that innit) and a bit more cash than us (however dodgy their means are).

I guess what I'm trying to get across is your prehistoric bitter resentment is a bit tiresome now, especially after dredging this thread back up with a misguided story of 'loyalty' (when it actually wasn't). Let's all move forward from this and get NK's replacement. You can boo him when we get them in the play offs. :wink:

Can you be my shrink for everything in my life midsblue. I am amazed how you've read my mind and I was so wrong about myself. Bitter, yes maybe a little.

Forget portsmouth to southampton, forget how much money he has, I said did he show loyalty this time? yes or no. If I read the papers and believed it all......... wow man! I saw an interview on TV with me own eyes, the image of the man in said interview looked very much like Harry Redknapp, the man in the interview clearly stated on camera, the club had been good to him and he'd been good to the club.

He stayed, thats loyalty this time around, whats you're problem just admitting whats happened.

Cheers. Each to their own and that...

Depends which way you look at it. He was offered a job 600 miles away from his home, where he is settled having living and working there for the past, oooh 8 years or so. When he was offered another job on his doorstep (coincidentally with Pompey's fierce rivals) he snatched their hand off. Loyalty, surely if he was that he'd have shown it then, right?

Doesn't really make sense this. Club had been good to him or because he's had his fingers burnt once before? My take on it is that because his entire family is settled, doesn't need the money, mortgage all paid up why take on a hot potato of a job which has turned out to be a posioned chalice so many times to others?

Yet another hole in YOUR argument. Kilkenny HASN'T got his mortgage paid off, ISN'T guaranteed of success or a long career with us and DOESN'T owe us a debt of repayment in that he stays for the season at least. He 'took a hike' because the Leeds offer was too good to turn down. I'm pretty sure he'd have picked us over Donny so we just missed out to a bigger club with more promise (I know, bitter pill that innit) and a bit more cash than us (however dodgy their means are).

I guess what I'm trying to get across is your prehistoric bitter resentment is a bit tiresome now, especially after dredging this thread back up with a misguided story of 'loyalty' (when it actually wasn't). Let's all move forward from this and get NK's replacement. You can boo him when we get them in the play offs. :wink:

Tiresome? why reply then?

It's quite funny how people have argued that if a better offer comes along they dont blame a player for taking it and they must go where the money is. Never mind looking at other reasons like the ones you mention above, you know? the for's and against's. Yet just to avoid a simple question did Harry Redknapp show loyalty this time by staying at Portsmouth, yes or no, we get on this tripe. Oh not forgetting how bitter I am or how tiresome it is. Just answer the question. Did Harry Redknapp show loyalty to Portsmouth by not going to Newcastle? yes or no please.

Can you be my shrink for everything in my life midsblue. I am amazed how you've read my mind and I was so wrong about myself. Bitter, yes maybe a little.

Forget portsmouth to southampton, forget how much money he has, I said did he show loyalty this time? yes or no. If I read the papers and believed it all......... wow man! I saw an interview on TV with me own eyes, the image of the man in said interview looked very much like Harry Redknapp, the man in the interview clearly stated on camera, the club had been good to him and he'd been good to the club.

He stayed, thats loyalty this time around, whats you're problem just admitting whats happened.

Stop licking his arse for a minute Lags and have a look at what you're saying.

Forget moving to Saints? Forget how many millions he has? So, we discount these TWO major facts in how 'loyal' he is and answer your question? Jesus, shall we try and level the playing field to suit your arguement. Like I said, give it a rest.

I saw him on TV too. he's hardly going to come out and say "Well, I've earned a few bob in me time and because Newcastle is the other end of the country I'm not willing to move. Had it been 60 miles or less away I'd have snatched their hand off." Of course he's going to be careful about what he says.

If I were a Pompey fan I'd have still been struggling to forgive him now. You never, NEVER move to Southampton for all the money in the world as far as they're concerned.

Redknapp's just being diplomatic and not biting the hand that feeds him. He ain't going to say that he was keen on leaving but couldn't due to the demands imposed by Mort.

Besides, by all accounts, he's profited from it was a big pay rise on his current deal so if he was soooo loyal then shouldn't he turn that down and say "no mate, I love the club enough to stay on same terms as before I was approached?".

PLUS, if he was that loyal then why did Portsmouth force him into making a decision? He was going to take the job and tried to negotiate a commuting clause but Newcastle wanted him lock stock and barrel up north. He didn't want to do that because he didn't want to upheave his family. That's right, his family...not the club, the players, the fans...his family.

Not really loyal, is it?

Anyway, you can analogise it as much as you want but the two don't compare. We agree to disagree and I'm probably biased as I heard it from the horse's mouth.

Tiresome? why reply then?

Why reply? Well, to tell you how tiresome you are.

It's quite funny how people have argued that if a better offer comes along they dont blame a player for taking it and they must go where the money is.

Because a player at Neil Kilkenny's stage of his career doesn't have ANY guarantee of a 20 year lucrative career plus TV pundit slots and long management spell making them a multi-millionaire. Neil Kilkenny doesn't own his own house, or have many assets so he's out to get what he can.

Never mind looking at other reasons like the ones you mention above, you know? the for's and against's.

Why not? To debate something you've got to look at all the facts that are present. You're willing examine NK's loyalty yet willing to ignore the glaringly disloyal history Redknapp has got because you're trying to stick fingers in a dyke full of holes.

Just answer the question. Did Harry Redknapp show loyalty to Portsmouth by not going to Newcastle? yes or no please.

OK. NO, I don't think Harry Redknapp has a loyal bone in his effing body. I think he's feeding you full of lies as to the REAL reason he didn't join Newcastle. he opted for home comforts and safety in that he has a cushy job at Portsmouth and didn't really fancy the challenge of taking on the dodgiest job in football at a trophy starved club. There, that suit ya?