Leon Clarke

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from BUT

Since we now have approval on the planning permission it should still not detract from the fact that the club is losing in upwards of £500K + a year EVERY year.

You either trust the 3As or you dont..... They say yes we can afford it and its a good use of money....we shouldnt question...unless you think they are misusing money...it is that simple....

I think if you talk to shez about being able to do better....aka getting young qaulity players for no money....he would probably laugh at you....

Edited by oafc0000

You either trust the 3As or you dont..... They say yes we can afford it and its a good use of money....we shouldnt question...unless you think they are misusing money...it is that simple....

I think if you talk to shez about being able to do better....aka getting young qaulity players for no money....he would probably laugh at you....

Here here, I think the development changes a lot of things and so has the last two matches. I think they are pissed off with the Donnies and the Leeds nicking our players. They probably have more money than the donnie chairman but are trying to run the club as a business but I think they understand that they need to keep investing in the club for there dreams to come to fruition.

Guest oa_exile

What like someone going north of the border who would not have cost us £200K + a high salary to keep ? ....... bet Shez would laugh at that one also Eh ?

IMO we can do better that is what my "Original" point of discussion was.

So we shouldn't debate whether a potential signing is a good un or a bad un? :rolleyes: Better get some extra :lipsrsealed2::lipsrsealed2::lipsrsealed2: in for the summer months then

What like someone going north of the border who would not have cost us £200K + a high salary to keep ? ....... bet Shez would laugh at that one also Eh ?

IMO we can do better that is what my "Original" point of discussion was.

I dont give a dam what your "original" point of discussion was.....what I am saying had fuel to the argument.

I guess your pointing to Porter ? Personally I dont think you know what your talking about. Porter was going no matter how much money we threw at him. He had lots of clubs after him, he choose the money and the chance to play in the scottish top flight, that is a higher profile than league one in england. He arguably the best of both worlds. Your fooling yourself if you think Porter was ever going to stay!!!!

Guest oa_exile
I dont give a dam what your "original" point of discussion was.....what I am saying had fuel to the argument.

I guess your pointing to Porter ? Personally I dont think you know what your talking about. Porter was going no matter how much money we threw at him. He had lots of clubs after him, he choose the money and the chance to play in the scottish top flight, that is a higher profile than league one in england. He arguably the best of both worlds. Your fooling yourself if you think Porter was ever going to stay!!!!

Well if that is what YOU believe then fine , thought this was a MB to discuss fans opinions on topic of discussion.

Had my two pennyworth , even if i dont know what i am talking about.BTW , read your post again .......... Irony :wink:

Debate the player...but to start saying we cant afford it ....i dont think we can say that....thats up to the 3As....

We are debating value for money, not whether we can afford it - however you spin it, there is always an argument about whether paying large fees is the best way to get value in the modern era of free transfers and short contracts.

I'm guessing the last time we paid that much was for Mr Christopher Killen (I'll stand corrected) - let's drop that little snippet into the value for money debate.

Thats a stupid thing to say, (if i have read it correctly and you are using that as an example that he was bad value for money?). Chris Killen was quality and well worth that but was injured a lot while here! Thats life though not all deals work out, Clarke could break both legs in training on his first day and then yeah the money would have been wasted, but you are also paying that money for a talented youngster who should bang in the goals and be a saleable asset in the future.

Edited by wozz_oafc

leon clarke is a good talented young player - who should score goals. Buying players like that is showing ambition in my eyes, bring him in!

hoe many goals has he scored this season?

has he got more than either of our strikers?

if he has buy buy buy! goals win games!

leon clarke is a good talented young player - who should score goals. Buying players like that is showing ambition in my eyes, bring him in!

Totally agree,but I would add is scoring goals as his 11 goals in the last 22 games proves.

Robert

Thats a stupid thing to say, (if i have read it correctly and you are using that as an example that he was bad value for money?). Chris Killen was quality and well worth that but was injured a lot while here! Thats life though not all deals work out, Clarke could break both legs in training on his first day and then yeah the money would have been wasted, but you are also paying that money for a talented youngster who should bang in the goals and be a saleable asset in the future.

It was a reply to Coco, who was implying that the money we are talking about wasn't that big - it's what, 5 years since we last spent that amount, so it is big money in our terms. It was merely an aside that I thought Killen was a lazy sulking wet lettuce turd.

Im quite impressed with the 3As understanding that although we do need to watch the bank balance they also relaise that from time to time, when it appropriate, you need to invest into players...

They where dissapointed with what happen with Porter but in the end we ended up with a player that cost us £150k, was valued at around £750k and had scored 20+ goals for us.... Clever investments bear fruit.....

I think KK and Clarke repersent good investments that would stand to make money going forward......

Im doubting we can pick free signings with such potential....

Edited by oafc0000

It was a reply to Coco, who was implying that the money we are talking about wasn't that big - it's what, 5 years since we last spent that amount, so it is big money in our terms. It was merely an aside that I thought Killen was a lazy sulking wet lettuce turd.

?? Didnt we sign Porter for £150k ? that wasnt five years ago was it ?

Guest oa_exile
Some people were doing....

The discussion is not about IF we can afford it just is the money being well spent.£200K is a big gamble

?? Didnt we sign Porter for £150k ? that wasnt five years ago was it ?

LL is talking abot Chris Killen , the last big money we spent 5 years ago

Honestly you relly need to keep up with what is being posted and what is being actually quoted.

........and more to the point stop taking it personal , it's a discussion with no malice or personal vendetta towards you.