Leon Clarke

Blackpool agreed to sell Parker for £200k to Barnsley, and Keigan was offered a personal term inb line with an untried strike at Championship level, but he snubbed it. There are no other offers outstanding. If we offer Lashers the same fee and give him a salary commensurate with a proven Leage One player, it may look promising.

I know he is bit of a sh*** and has an attitude bigger than his ability warrants, but could do a job for us, as he did for Lashers last season.

Parker 57 goals in 176 appearances in his career. TBH not sure i'd want him, played against us many times and apart from last season never really looked anything special. And he's lighjtweight, and has a supposed attitude problem, yes he's quick but I feel its a big lump we need.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parker 57 goals in 176 appearances in his career. TBH not sure i'd want him, played against us many times and apart from last season never really looked anything special. And he's lighjtweight, and has a supposed attitude problem, yes he's quick but I feel its a big lump we need.

Add to that Gregan wanting to throttle him too.

I was unsure about Clarke in the summer but as we got Ricketts I wish we'd picked up Clarke instead especially with what he has done for Southend! And on loan too surely a lot cheaper than the option we eventually chose. Seems to have got in a lot better shape and has scored 8 in 16 this season, a great strike rate.

Add to that Gregan wanting to throttle him too.

I was unsure about Clarke in the summer but as we got Ricketts I wish we'd picked up Clarke instead especially with what he has done for Southend! And on loan too surely a lot cheaper than the option we eventually chose. Seems to have got in a lot better shape and has scored 8 in 16 this season, a great strike rate.

[/quote

Parker's goal return for the lashers in the last three seasons

04/05 12

05/06 13

06/07 16

Not bad I suppose but as RBL says we'd need front row tickets for Gregan's first day back training!

Edited by oafcprozac

Blackpool agreed to sell Parker for £200k to Barnsley, and Keigan was offered a personal term inb line with an untried strike at Championship level, but he snubbed it. There are no other offers outstanding. If we offer Lashers the same fee and give him a salary commensurate with a proven Leage One player, it may look promising.

I know he is bit of a sh*** and has an attitude bigger than his ability warrants, but could do a job for us, as he did for Lashers last season.

200k ??? Oldham haven't got that sort of money to splash.

I will forgive KP the Jadeisms if he signs for us.

Far better than Clarke, who I think is no slouch himself at this level.

Personally, I think Parker can offer loads more than Leon, he can be a deep striker and a wide player. Ripped us in the playoffs at BP coming in from the left.

Maybe we do need a lump up front and Parker wouldn't solve that dilemma, but there are plenty of lumps around, what we need is a little inventiveness and Parker has that in abundance.

For all those daydreaming about Nish from Killie. Forget it I think. Apparently the Cabbage are interested. Hibs v Oldham must be a no brainer for a player. Cue all the posts about how rubbish the SPL is.

I would be very surprised to see Nish here if this rumour is true.

KtF,

Derek.

I think when we played Southend, shezz said after the interview about Clarke this lads to good for league 1 which was a big clue he wanted him.Say what you want the lad is strong as an ox and can finish we didnt see the best of him during his loan as he wasnt fully fit.

Its obvious he liked it here,remember his lack of celebration when he scored at bp. If he does sign we would have awesome forward line wel capable of blasting us out of this division.

Davies with a free role will run riot ,hope it comes off.

Robert

Shez obviously wants him. If we get him Hughes Davies and Clarke as a front 3 or rotating would scare me if I was a defender of a league one side.

And the key player is Davies. Pace kills people. A big reason we were able to beat everton was his pace and moving defenders. Perfect with Clarke. Clarke also drops deep.

IMO would be a good signing. Hughes would also benefit from flick ons and the lke.

Edited by pukka

will be upset if he goes there. Haven't they got enough strikers? If they get him we'll have beckford.

will be upset if he goes there. Haven't they got enough strikers? If they get him we'll have beckford.

Beckford's being looked at by teams above unsurprisingly.

I'm not too sure about this one. He's got a good record of goalscoring, but to get that out of condition says to me he has Rickettsesque attitude problems.

Anyone know the kind of fee we are looking at? I'd expect something near to what we are asking for Ricketts (£0).

Clarke was involved in the worst performance I can recall in years. Brentford away. The fact is he still managed to score twice, whilst being the worst player on the pitch. In all fairness he should have scored about 6 that day. This season at B.P he looked a completely different player. He looked something he never in his loan with us - Match fit and certainly could be a 20 goal a season striker at this level.

I'd be happy if we signed him

Think Chaddy end's reception towards him after he scored for Southend said it all really - most of us just applauded him (normally we get on the pitch trying to kill them!) - please get him signed up - also all this talk of Parker - we have just got rid of a big time charlie and started doing the biz, do we really wanna go down that road again - NOOOO!!!

Think Chaddy end's reception towards him after he scored for Southend said it all really - most of us just applauded him (normally we get on the pitch trying to kill them!) - please get him signed up - also all this talk of Parker - we have just got rid of a big time charlie and started doing the biz, do we really wanna go down that road again - NOOOO!!!

Totally agree.....Parker.. :angry::angry:

1st class pratt imo!!!

Clarke was involved in the worst performance I can recall in years. Brentford away. The fact is he still managed to score twice, whilst being the worst player on the pitch. In all fairness he should have scored about 6 that day. This season at B.P he looked a completely different player. He looked something he never in his loan with us - Match fit and certainly could be a 20 goal a season striker at this level.

I'd be happy if we signed him

Agree, he does look to be useless lump at times but the ball sticks and he just has something about him. But if Leeds are in for him there's only going to be one winner there. I thought Leicester took the Mickey when they shafted everyone when they came out of Admin but Leeds are throwing money about like its going out of fashion, they musn't be far off a 35-40 man squad which at this level even with the crowds they are getting is ludicrous and where's the money coming from? Everyone knows Papa Smurf doesn't dig deep? Its an absolute travesty how they've got away with running their business the way they have. Like others have said it should have been -15, then -10 they conned at the end of last season + a hefty fine and maybe 3 point deduction for the actions of their pondlife supporters vs Ipswich.

I liked Clarke but I wouldn't want to pay more than £50k for him, if they are talking £200k I think that kind of money if we are prepared to spend it would be better spent on a creative midfielder.

I'm a bit undecided about Clarke coming back, but I've got to agree even if he does 200K seems very steep to me.

i wanted him here in the summer,yeah we didnt see the best he had to offer,but we very rarley do on month loans,but he has great potential.

just think they need to work on his fitness a little and get him trimmer,then he could be a very good player for us.

he isnt the fastest striker out there,but he does get into some great positions.

Problem is with Leon, as said by a Sheff Wed fan i know, this is when we took him on loan last time "He'd be great if he was fit, but we've been trying to get him fit and trim for quite a while now" looks like 6-7 months on he still aint fit.... I agree a fit and trim Leon would be great, but can shez suceed where many others have failed???

Edited by Davros

Guest oa_exile
Problem is with Leon, as said by a Sheff Wed fan i know, this is when we took him on loan last time "He'd be great if he was fit, but we've been trying to get him fit and trim for quite a while now" looks like 6-7 months on he still aint fit.... I agree a fit and trim Leon would be great, but can shez suceed where many others have failed???

That seems to be the battle ahead

Oh Dear !

Sport5FRI3003.jpg