Leon Clarke

The discussion is not about IF we can afford it just is the money being well spent.£200K is a big gamble

LL is talking abot Chris Killen , the last big money we spent 5 years ago

Honestly you relly need to keep up with what is being posted and what is being actually quoted.

........and more to the point stop taking it personal , it's a discussion with no malice or personal vendetta towards you.

:lol: Give me a break....personal vendetta ? im saying what I think.....thats all....

The last big money we spent wasnt 5 years ago....that was my point...we spent £150k on Porter quite recently....

People are making comments like £200k is to much because we are still struggling for money....hence my comments....so I am keeping up.....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The discussion is not about IF we can afford it just is the money being well spent.£200K is a big gamble

LL is talking abot Chris Killen , the last big money we spent 5 years ago

Honestly you relly need to keep up with what is being posted and what is being actually quoted.

........and more to the point stop taking it personal , it's a discussion with no malice or personal vendetta towards you.

What price can you put on goals, the way I see it we would have 3 strong strikers if we signed Clarke. And you could use all three at the same time with Davies drifting wide. If we loose a striker through injury we are in the kids and thats not fair to them. Smalley and Wolfenden need time, and throwing them in all the time is no good for their development

SIGN HIM UP - Typical League one defenders nightmare, especially when you have the pace of Davies and the skill of Hughes to worry about too!!

I think Clarke would be a great signing he is still 7 years off his peak, he is fast and scores goals even when he does not play well, which is the sign of a good player. Think he would also give us a very different option. The combination of Clarke and Hughes is on paper amazing and if they can stay injury free and Clarke can hit the ground running then it could be a very good season.

£200k is a lot of money but if that is what it takes to bring in a player capable of taking us up then we should pay it, especially because he is only young. I would take him over Parker any day.

I think Clarke would be a great signing he is still 7 years off his peak, he is fast and scores goals even when he does not play well, which is the sign of a good player. Think he would also give us a very different option. The combination of Clarke and Hughes is on paper amazing and if they can stay injury free and Clarke can hit the ground running then it could be a very good season.

£200k is a lot of money but if that is what it takes to bring in a player capable of taking us up then we should pay it, especially because he is only young. I would take him over Parker any day.

Would be a great addition

Erm.....rather than Killen or Porter, I'd rather say Allan Smart....now that really was money down the :censored:ter!

Like I said yesterday, I'd be over the moon if Clarke signed. BUT...the money being shelled out does worry me again. It's not so much whether he's worth £200k (coz I think that's about right, he's quality for this level...fit or not fit) it's the fact that sort of money puts eggs into baskets. I like to think we can find 3 decent players (ok, not Clarkes standard) but 3 players who'll all contribute towards moving high up the table. I guess it's a fine line.

On another note, I'm still amazed at the comments some of ours make on him!!! Can we call him the 1st Latics boo-boy that's not actually signed yet?

Tbh i dont really rate him. i saw him play every game for us on loan last year and against us at bp. he had two average games for us last year, one god awful game (against Brentford away) and one good game. granted he scored two against brentford, but one was a deflection he got in the way of and another was a penalty he demanded taking. before that he was actually getting booed from oldham fans for showing a lack of commitment, and stopped one step short of sticking two fingers up at us when celebrating the equaliser.

I will be fully behind him if he becomes a tic full time, but i wont be overly disgruntled if we dont sign him. i just feel there are better targets out there

Erm.....rather than Killen or Porter, I'd rather say Allan Smart....now that really was money down the :censored:ter!

Like I said yesterday, I'd be over the moon if Clarke signed. BUT...the money being shelled out does worry me again. It's not so much whether he's worth £200k (coz I think that's about right, he's quality for this level...fit or not fit) it's the fact that sort of money puts eggs into baskets. I like to think we can find 3 decent players (ok, not Clarkes standard) but 3 players who'll all contribute towards moving high up the table. I guess it's a fine line.

On another note, I'm still amazed at the comments some of ours make on him!!! Can we call him the 1st Latics boo-boy that's not actually signed yet?

I don't rate him either, too lazy!!!

Btw, he was very gracious when he scored, played it down and in no way celebrated!!

Clarke would be an excellent signing, but IMO £200k is too much. We don't know how much money the club has so I'm not going to comment on whether we can afford him, but it is IMO too much.

(we might be paying less though?)