Leon Clarke

Radio Sheffield has reported that we've had a bid accepted for him and he is discussing personal terms.

A Sheff Wed fan and a Doncaster fan on a League One forum have both heard this.

It'd be a good signing if true, as he gets goals in this division!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight replacement for Ricketts surely? As Davies can (and indeed frequently does) play wide, and Hughes would be equally happy as a second striker as the front man, Clarke would give us a lot more options. Certainly he provides that, "change the game," option. If all else fails, especially at home, you can lump it up to him and some of will stick. I hope the referrees treat his backing into players the way the do for Southend rather than when he was with us.

Think this is Great News...

:grin:

hope we can agree personal terms...id imagine the fee would be what the same as what southend agree'd on! £200k was it??

he lives in sheffield i believe so its not like its far away, we may be his prefered choice?

dont think davies would go anywhere(yet) 3 up top with davies dropping too the right maybe?

Six months ago 73% of voters on OWTB wanted the Club to sign Clarke. Even Senor Coconut thought that Clarke had more chance of being a success than Lee Hughes.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4616&st=0

Donny have a 6 figure bid in for a striker. Surely they're not gonna shaft us again? :angry: apparently the Donny fans think it may Chris Greenacre from the Trannys or Chris Brown (who has interested us in the past) from Sunderland. Hope its not Clarke!

Six months ago 73% of voters on OWTB wanted the Club to sign Clarke. Even Senor Coconut thought that Clarke had more chance of being a success than Lee Hughes.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4616&st=0

The pre-positivity version of Senor Coconut would have preferred us to sign Ken Dodd than Lee Hughes...

I will cry if we have signed him. An absolute dog bollock decision if we have, he was :censored: at Southend a couple of weeks ago, Southend fans don't rate him, and i didn't rate him first time here. Not happy if we've got him tbh.

i wanted him here in the summer,yeah we didnt see the best he had to offer,but we very rarley do on month loans,but he has great potential.

just think they need to work on his fitness a little and get him trimmer,then he could be a very good player for us.

he isnt the fastest striker out there,but he does get into some great positions.

<_< He sure is a tough one mate. If we sign him, ill be 100% behind him, just saying if theres the offer there of Nish or Clarke i know who'd id want.

if im being totally honest and were willing to pay money for a striker i would prefer keigan parker.

pace and knows where the goal is,a very tricky player,but he is almost certainly out of our league moneywise.

nish is another one but we havent heard anything concrete on that one.

shez obviously wants him,and looks to using his wednesday connection again.

<_< He sure is a tough one mate. If we sign him, ill be 100% behind him, just saying if theres the offer there of Nish or Clarke i know who'd id want.

Clarke scored the goals when he was here couldn't ask for much more.

And as for the Southend fans not rating him? They were worshipping him for the majority of the season as he was the only one scoring for them.

I think he'd be a good signing and is a different striker to what we currently have.

Leon Clarke would rip this division to pieces, in the league above i'm not to sure but I doubt you'll find a player more suited to this division than Clarke, huge mistake not to get him in the summer.

One problem may be the pay-off he wants from Sheff Wed, I believe this was one of the reasons his move to Southend fell through.

if im being totally honest and were willing to pay money for a striker i would prefer keigan parker.

pace and knows where the goal is,a very tricky player,but he is almost certainly out of our league moneywise.

nish is another one but we havent heard anything concrete on that one.

shez obviously wants him,and looks to using his wednesday connection again.

Blackpool agreed to sell Parker for £200k to Barnsley, and Keigan was offered a personal term inb line with an untried strike at Championship level, but he snubbed it. There are no other offers outstanding. If we offer Lashers the same fee and give him a salary commensurate with a proven Leage One player, it may look promising.

I know he is bit of a sh*** and has an attitude bigger than his ability warrants, but could do a job for us, as he did for Lashers last season.

I will cry if we have signed him. An absolute dog bollock decision if we have, he was :censored: at Southend a couple of weeks ago, Southend fans don't rate him, and i didn't rate him first time here. Not happy if we've got him tbh.

22 years old, scored 26 in 66 starts. Scores all types of goals (look at the ones he scored for Wolves last season if you've got Laticsworld you can watch them or those he scored at Sarfend this year) Just the type of player we need, yes he's a big lump but he'll hold it up and be a perfect foil for Hughes I reckon. When he was here last season we had been on a poor run until he arrived, then we suddenly started to score goals again. If we'd kept him we may have been more a problem for Blackpool in the play-offs.

Leon Clarke would rip this division to pieces, in the league above i'm not to sure but I doubt you'll find a player more suited to this division than Clarke, huge mistake not to get him in the summer.

As i say watch the 6 goals he scored in the Championship for Wolves last season if you've got Laticsworld, no probs in the League above imho. Big strong, cracking shot exactly what we need - an effective target man and perfect foil for Hughes.