Tangerine to be Axed

Basically, I sent an e-mail saying I was appalled that after much badgering for a tangerine kit prior to last years vote that it is being axed already.

It is all part of contractual obligations and apparently only sold 57% of what the home kit did for obvious reasons.

So far variation reasons it is set to be axed.

My response about tradition and how we all love Blue & Tangerine seem to fall on deaf ears, maybe because Leon Clarke pie delivery had arrived??

If we are going to mount a campaign to keep it tangerine can we do something / organise something quickly?

Any ideas???

ROAM

Basically, I sent an e-mail saying I was appalled that after much badgering for a tangerine kit prior to last years vote that it is being axed already.

It is all part of contractual obligations and apparently only sold 57% of what the home kit did for obvious reasons.

My response about tradition and how we all love Blue & Tangerine seem to fall on deaf ears, maybe because Leon Clarke pie delivery had arrived??

If we are going to mount a campaign to keep it tangerine can we do something / organise something quickly?

Any ideas???

ROAM

It said on fishul site that blue and tangerine would be retained as the second away strip next season.

It said on fishul site that blue and tangerine would be retained as the second away strip next season.

Yeah but like has been mentioned on the long thread about the new kit unless the 'Barca' kit wins then it's not going to get much of a run out, just like the black one doesn't now.

I'm furious :angry:

The timing of this really stinks ...... especially winning in it at dirty Leeds and Everton. I for one will continue to wear my tangerine scarf as I have done for many years and Blue/white/tangering will now be forever the OASIS colours.

Most people I have spoken to today have voted for .................. NONE and emailed their disgust at the club for getting rid of the tangerine in just one season, the bringing back of the tangerine as created a real good feeling amoungst the fans, since when did the club ever have such a successful away shirt?

Whatever the figures bet this as sold more than any other away for many many years ...... add the amount of scarves they have sold on top of this!!!!! Can you see anyone wearing sky blue scarves next year????

A great opportunity for the club to create a unique 'brand' of blue/white /tangerine gone up in smoke. Would have accepted tangerine as the third if they had run with the white/tangerine option from last year, thus retaining the colours.

Did the club seriously belief we would like any of these???

Vote by saying NO!!!!

The timing of this really stinks ...... especially winning in it at dirty Leeds and Everton. I for one will continue to wear my tangerine scarf as I have done for many years and Blue/white/tangering will now be forever the OASIS colours.

Most people I have spoken to today have voted for .................. NONE and emailed their disgust at the club for getting rid of the tangerine in just one season, the bringing back of the tangerine as created a real good feeling amoungst the fans, since when did the club ever have such a successful away shirt?

Whatever the figures bet this as sold more than any other away for many many years ...... add the amount of scarves they have sold on top of this!!!!! Can you see anyone wearing sky blue scarves next year????

A great opportunity for the club to create a unique 'brand' of blue/white /tangerine gone up in smoke. Would have accepted tangerine as the third if they had run with the white/tangerine option from last year, thus retaining the colours.

Vote by saying NO!!!!

Can only agree with you there Mark, the buzz around the place has been miles better since the re-introduction of the Tangerine.

If it wasn't so sad, i'd laugh!!! :mad:

Can only agree with you there Mark, the buzz around the place has been miles better since the re-introduction of the Tangerine.

If it wasn't so sad, i'd laugh!!! :mad:

Sorry, the tangerine kit is awful.. washed out and a reminder of the evil Ken Bates era. Not everyone loves it! Glad it is going.

Did'nt we stil retain the tangerine in the club crest until 87'

Would like to stick to alternating a white away /tangerine away .....

Simple facts is money for the club in replica sales which i understand ... but with retaining an identity, colours you can associate Latics with. The Everton win got the country talking again about everyones once second team. Watching you team playing away in your primary club colours means so much more.

Not flu yellow or sky blue. Black far to many clubs took this on when they were allowed once refs colours changed. When I grew up watching latics it was blue home, red / white away. To some degree the 4th option contain colours we are kind of use to seeing

Any ideas???

ROAM

Thank the lord for that.

It is shocking and about as tangerine as a banana.

Best option of last season was voted out because everyone thought it looked like Blackpools away kit. The awfulness we are playing in away from home defies belief.

Rubbish!!

If we want to go back to tangerine, do it properly not that half arsed salmonish affair we have going on.

BTW is pink becoming fashionable again?

Juve had a fantastic away kit about three years ago that was pink. That will make us stand out. Oh for Nike instead of Carlotti!

KtF,

Derek.

Thank the lord for that.

It is shocking and about as tangerine as a banana.

Best option of last season was voted out because everyone thought it looked like Blackpools away kit. The awfulness we are playing in away from home defies belief.

Rubbish!!

If we want to go back to tangerine, do it properly not that half arsed salmonish affair we have going on.

BTW is pink becoming fashionable again?

Juve had a fantastic away kit about three years ago that was pink. That will make us stand out. Oh for Nike instead of Carlotti!

KtF,

Derek.

Surprised you have actually noticed our kit Derek, don't you have to go to games too see that :grin:

Saved by MOTD :wink:

"the bringing back of the tangerine as created a real good feeling amoungst the fans, since when did the club ever have such a successful away shirt?"

its a shirt for gods sake, the colour is irelavent as long as the team play together and i bet they are not arsed.

every shirt/colour we wear can be associated with another club. seem to remember we won promotion and had a great cup run with a certain coloured SECOND KIT which some fans no longer want because a certain scum team down the road wear it.how many years do we wait before an argument for tradition can brought up for that?, it was also used in a home kit for 2 years although granted that was awful.

its owtb not owtt its a second kit which will change again and again

we would have beaten leeds and everton in red, white, green, yellow or pink with poker dots its nothing to do with the kit , its the players

Get a life! Your furious ?? have a word... Hardy has explained why we HAVE to change it.... Just deal with it for goddness sake!

I'm hardly going to lose sleep over it, i'm also aware of why it has to be done and all the technicalities that go with it.

It's just annoying in my opinion because I liked the mid 90s tanger kit, and was delighted when it was provided as an option last year.

Get a life??? I can't think of anything but the next game :grin:

Tangerine will be back, maybe next season maybe the season after. The club know now it is a bit of a money spinner so they would be daft not to bring it back once this season's away kit now longer fits due to expanding waistlines or some such.

Edited by beag_teeets

"the bringing back of the tangerine as created a real good feeling amoungst the fans, since when did the club ever have such a successful away shirt?"

its a shirt for gods sake, the colour is irelavent as long as the team play together and i bet they are not arsed.

every shirt/colour we wear can be associated with another club. seem to remember we won promotion and had a great cup run with a certain coloured SECOND KIT which some fans no longer want because a certain scum team down the road wear it.how many years do we wait before an argument for tradition can brought up for that?, it was also used in a home kit for 2 years although granted that was awful.

its owtb not owtt its a second kit which will change again and again

we would have beaten leeds and everton in red, white, green, yellow or pink with poker dots its nothing to do with the kit , its the players

But would we have won in blue!! :grin:

Vote by saying NO!!!!

I think a few people need to check themselves......

Its a way for the club to make money.... We are still loseing alot of money..... New kit = extra money... Stay with the same kit = no extra money.... Your not going to buy another away top are you....

If you dont want to / cant afford the new kit then can I suggest you dont buy one and continue to wear the current one.....or is it sooo important to have the latest kit ?

Latics fans must sap the will of the 3As alot of the time.....i cant belive they have stuck with us for so long moaning about pointless crap like this.....

Edited by oafc0000

Successful in terms of SALES!!!!!! Do you really think that anyone would believe that this makes a differnce to how players play... give me a break.

"Would have accepted tangerine as the third if they had run with the white/tangerine option from last year, thus retaining the colours."

Also I have stated in every post that the club needs new shirts every year to bring in the ££££. I'm taking about branding creating colours fans / potential fans associate with Latics ..... SKY BLUE thats City, do people really want to become the butt of all their city mates jokes!!

If you can't see what the Tangerine means to most fans .......

Its not a moan, far from it ..... the fact is this is a great oppotunity missed.

Rather sit in my sad deluded world than getting a life ................. :shock:

It wont make you play any better playing in tang, but it will make it easier to spot your man that fraction of a second quicker.

every little helps

i like the tangerine, why not just have an alternative tang kit? we have an alternative blue kit for home games every year. whats the difference?

The 'tangerine' kit that came out was hideous I thought. I like tangerine but don't have a clear affinity with it. Perhaps the sales were low because people thought similar to what I thought - it looks cheap and tacky in a faded polyester nylon material?

I'm not keen on any of the new away ideas, I think black's about the best one there is. The Barca (Actually, it's Crystal Palace) version would provide a few clashes with teams playing in blue or claret. It also brings back a few memories of that horrid 1997 red and blue hooped monstrosity for me.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

It also brings back a few memories of that horrid 1997 red and white hooped monstrosity for me.

Twas red and blue though. That kit was the last good quality made kit we have had. It was made from a waterproof material and if you spilt your beer on it it would just run off rather than leave you with a big wet patch down your front.

Looked nasty though and not good for the fuller figure - horizontal stripes should be avoided at all costs according to people who know about these things.

Edited by beag_teeets

Twas red and blue though.

I know, I was in editing hell!

Looked nasty though and not good for the fuller figure - horizontal stripes should be avoided at all costs according to people who know about these things.

Indeed. When Kappa were going through that 'skinny-fit' kit phase with Italy, Wales and Spuzz I feared the worst for us to get one.

Vertical stripes is the way forward. Actually, Brum brought one out a few years back with black side panels which gave the effect that the big boned were actually stick figures in a similar way a fancy dress skeleton suit does.