shez wants a left back

Lomax is rightfooted so it is difficult for him with his left foot. If you watch he always wants to come inside and use his right much the same as Taylor does. To play wide left you need to be left footed so that you can go out side of the player.

Lomax is rightfooted so it is difficult for him with his left foot. If you watch he always wants to come inside and use his right much the same as Taylor does. To play wide left you need to be left footed so that you can go out side of the player.

Yep, Lomax looks an able cover, but I wouldn't expect he will continue indefinately out of position. It's not just ability to defend that requires the left foot, but attacking/wing back play really needs it. Now at right back he could slot in nicely.

Armstrong is playing still for Sheff Utd and doing well so don't think we could get him. Another ooption would be Andy Holt from Northampton as I know that Wrexham want him.

I read in the papers last week that one club was all set to offer £800000 for Armstrong so if this is true he is well and truly out of our reach.

Drphibes

Also if were after a left winger is Hoolahan still playing. On another note Ian Westlake from Leeds scored the winner at our place. Was only a sub then good midfielder and with KK there now aswell will be pushed further down the pecking order, may be worth a loan or free deal. Noticed Horlock went to Scunny aswell could have nipped in but never mind. Any other wingers in mind what happened to that Kazim Richards kid from brighton didnt he end up in turkey may be worth a look also.

Edited by youngen

Allott's doing well enough

i have actually said in a previous thread , allott is proving to be the exception to the rule, but lets get tipton back, he was young when he was here, someone mentioned boshell apparantly he is doing well at grimsby, scott and david mcniven are within our reach if we really want them.

i just seems if people on here do not know any players except for premiership players they mention past players who were crap when they were here last time.

regarding allott, he has been very good this season but he now plays in a different position and could he get any worse than his last spell?, totally different player now, but lets be honest we are 12th (i think) and that has alot to do with signing people like allott instead of trying to keep players like wellens (not a knock on mark, he is currently one of our better players but we should be looking at a better standard)

...Kazim Richards kid from brighton didnt he end up in turkey may be worth a look also.

He's at Fenerbahce now (playing under the name Kazim Kazim), who have qualified for the Second round of the Champions League, ahead of PSV and CSKA, and have been invited to join the G14 (or however many they have numbered it upto now). We might not be able to lure him to Boundary Park.