Signing today..

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather Shez be on the training pitch with the lads today practising for the game tomorrow starting with set pieces expecially throw ins. I have beleated about this before but for the last 20 years we haven't been able to throw the ball to one of our men, control it then carry on with play, even during the glory years. Our usual rountine is:

Thrower stand on the touchline like a lemon.

All other players stand still either behind defenders or miles away.

Eventually one player makes a move.

Thrower launches ball chest height at him.

Reciever has to lift leg higher than a tiller girl to control it.

Loses possesion.

Other side break.

or

Thrower chucks it in far to quickly and it goes to a defender.

Other side break.

And don't get me started on corners.

Off topic yes FACT yes.

I'd rather Shez be on the training pitch with the lads today practising for the game tomorrow starting with set pieces expecially throw ins. I have beleated about this before but for the last 20 years we haven't been able to throw the ball to one of our men, control it then carry on with play, even during the glory years. Our usual rountine is:

Thrower stand on the touchline like a lemon.

All other players stand still either behind defenders or miles away.

Eventually one player makes a move.

Thrower launches ball chest height at him.

Reciever has to lift leg higher than a tiller girl to control it.

Loses possesion.

Other side break.

or

Thrower chucks it in far to quickly and it goes to a defender.

Other side break.

And don't get me started on corners.

Off topic yes FACT yes.

Sadly i think players at our level dont move enough because they havent got the brains too, im sure shez would love them to be moving and creating space etc. Movement off the ball is a very big part of the game and can be the difference between what levels you play at. Just look at Shez when he was 39 he could hardly run but he had the brain to make space for himself.

Guest sheridans_world
I'd rather Shez be on the training pitch with the lads today practising for the game tomorrow

I would hope they are on a coach on their way down.

Playing staff are off to Yeovil today then staying over darn sarth until the game on tues at Gills ...

Shez as high lighted the players he wants ... so I wouldn't be suprised that if Hardy is beavering away as we spak trying to get a player .....

Heres an idea, lets see if anyone notices if we sneak warney back on the team coach when we leave Yeovil...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Playing staff are off to Yeovil today then staying over darn sarth until the game on tues at Gills ...

i was going to do a post on this asking if anyone knew if this was the case. great idea, very proffessional get em all eating together on sunday like a mini break away. wonder where we will train?

i was going to do a post on this asking if anyone knew if this was the case. great idea, very proffessional get em all eating together on sunday like a mini break away. wonder where we will train?

Dunno, sure there are lots of good boozers in Somerset...!

Shez as high lighted the players he wants ... so I wouldn't be suprised that if Hardy is beavering away as we spak trying to get a player .....

the lads are training in the rain as we speak

I would hope they are on a coach on their way down.

Good point well made.

Anyone else get images of "Carry on Camping" at the thought of this? Shez as Sid James, Gregan as Bernard Breslaw, Chris Taylor as Charles Hawtrey, Allot as Kenneth Williams, Eardley as Terry Scott and Dux as Hattie Jacques. No? Just me then.