Signing today..

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else get images of "Carry on Camping" at the thought of this? Shez as Sid James, Gregan as Bernard Breslaw, Chris Taylor as Charles Hawtrey, Allot as Kenneth Williams, Eardley as Terry Scott and Dux as Hattie Jacques. No? Just me then.

It would be one way to lure Warney back into the squad

Have to say, still think it was right to let him go... but what would we do for a never say die utility forward right now....

Sounds contradictory to me :wink:

My opinion however is that Shez :censored:ed up big time letting him go. And not trying hard enough to keep a few others but that's in the past. So is January 2007 where we sat on our hands and didn't gamble. Hope in the next fortnight, we don't do the same. Shez says he's learned aplenty from last season....we'll see....

Edited by boundaryblue80

I think Shez is struggling to atract players here.

Loads of players who could have done a job for us have moved on.

Come on Shez

Its a joke.If no players come in as im beginning to fear then that spells disaster.Whats the problem?Forward thinking club building a new stadium,just had a nice windfall from the cup with the very real prospect of further progress and more cash.

I think somebody needs to remind the owners that this club is going nowhere unless we get out of this horrid division,if theres no investment in the team this time they can go and whistle for the extortionate prices they charge-i'll watch sky sports soccer saturday like 90% of the rest of oldhamers.

rant over.

Its a joke.If no players come in as im beginning to fear then that spells disaster.Whats the problem?Forward thinking club building a new stadium,just had a nice windfall from the cup with the very real prospect of further progress and more cash.

I think somebody needs to remind the owners that this club is going nowhere unless we get out of this horrid division,if theres no investment in the team this time they can go and whistle for the extortionate prices they charge-i'll watch sky sports soccer saturday like 90% of the rest of oldhamers.

rant over.

So when do you want Kevin Keegan appointing?

rant over.

Shez out!

Mr B, in my humble opinion the only time this becomes a serious issue is midnight on deadline day. The players Shez wants will be trying to keep their options open, and you can't really blame them. If we sign nobody then it's an issue, but up until then no worries.

Mr B, in my humble opinion the only time this becomes a serious issue is midnight on deadline day. The players Shez wants will be trying to keep their options open, and you can't really blame them. If we sign nobody then it's an issue, but up until then no worries.

Thanks for a sensible reply mate,well yes and no is what i'd say,players are moving but not here-the longer its left the more desperation will set in and we'll end signing gash(like thompson for example)

Has anyone noticed how promising young players from Manchester United and Manchester City move either on loan or permanently far and wide throughout the country ?

The latest is Febian Brandy of Man U to Swansea..what's wrong with Latics, Brandy won't be on big wages surely ?

Brandy

Has anyone noticed how promising young players from Manchester United and Manchester City move either on loan or permanently far and wide throughout the country ?

The latest is Febian Brandy of Man U to Swansea..what's wrong with Latics, Brandy won't be on big wages surely ?

Brandy

Always been with the camp that says, yer don't ask yer don't get. IF Chelsea were willing to loan us Grant and Bertrand, Boro Knight and Turnbull, Brum KK and Ledgzins, Spurs Hughes etc,,, even the Utd have loaned us Clegg, Rabchubka and Cooper, we played them last night, who impressed for them, should be on the blower first thing this morning. Yet again we are suffering the results of REACTIVE transfer policy, a Pro-active policy pays dividends. In the words of Del Boy and Andy McNab and his pals, he who dares wins, he who doesn't......don't!

rant over.

'Ark 'At'Er

Yeah, That's a clever idea. Tell the owners who've saved us from the brink and ploughed millions into this club as it is and still are on a weekly basis given that until the club regenerates the stadium, we'll always be operating at a loss.

'Ark 'At'Er

Yeah, That's a clever idea. Tell the owners who've saved us from the brink and ploughed millions into this club as it is and still are on a weekly basis given that until the club regenerates the stadium, we'll always be operating at a loss.

ARK at her??? wtf,i think yer names gone to yer head petal.

WRT the owners,are you that naieve?surely not,the owners want their money back sweetheart,thats why they spat their dummy out when they thought they werent getting their land,like i said,naieve.or simple?

rant over.

Both of you, get grip!!!!!

Can you please name them, I can't see loads, I can only see the odd one.

Who would do a job for us, yes, but improve the team? Not many.

We don't need journeymen, we've been down that route before.

We don't need owners splashing the cash (though they have plughed in plenty let me remind you), we've been that route before

We don't need panic buys we've been down that route before.

You're acting like a bunch of virgins with hands down a top for the first time. Stay Cool or it will ge messy. :D

Edited by singe

Both of you, get grip!!!!!

Can you please name them, I can't see loads, I can only see the odd one.

Who would do a job for us, yes, but improve the team? Not many.

We don't need journeymen, we've been down that route before.

We don't need owners splashing the cash (though they have plughed in plenty let me remind you), we've been that route before

We don't need panic buys we've been down that route before.

You're acting like a bunch of virgins with hands down a top for the first time. Stay Cool or it will ge messy. :D

While I do agree with you on all points we do need numbers to bolster the squad. I am sure shez in holding out for the best players he can attract but hopefully not to long because we do need 2 or 3 more players, even if they are not the best quality, just to compete at this level and starve off a relegation battle.

ARK at her??? wtf,i think yer names gone to yer head petal.

WRT the owners,are you that naieve?surely not,the owners want their money back sweetheart,thats why they spat their dummy out when they thought they werent getting their land,like i said,naieve.or simple?

They're businessmen with no affiliation to the club. Of Course they want to see some cash back for their time here. More money than they put in, even better. Thats the whole point of taking on any business isnt it??

Dont they deserve it?

We owe them a lifetime of thankyou's. Not a "f***in get yer chequebook out, Corney." type mentality whilst we're still operating at a loss.

Though I suppose you disagree. Darling.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

They're businessmen with no affiliation to the club. Of Course they want to see some cash back for their time here. More money than they put in, even better. Thats the whole point of taking on any business isnt it??

Dont they deserve it?

We owe them a lifetime of thankyou's. Not a "f***in get yer chequebook out, Corney." type mentality whilst we're still operating at a loss.

Though I suppose you disagree. Darling.

I certainly do respect the fact that they have put their hand in their pocket,but im not kidding myself that they are doing it for the love of the club-they are doing it to get a return.End of.

And i'll pass on the butt kissing or a lifetime of thankyous as you put it thanks.

xxx

I certainly do respect the fact that they have put their hand in their pocket,but im not kidding myself that they are doing it for the love of the club-they are doing it to get a return.End of.

And i'll pass on the butt kissing or a lifetime of thankyous as you put it thanks.

xxx

So those who've disagreed with you. Myself included amongst others, have said that they're doing it for the love of the club have we? News to me. No one's that stupid. Though we appreciate what they've done. It's called respect and if it wasnt for them coming in when they did, i'd of probably still been in the rain rattling a bucket. I'm sorry if that gets disguised as 'buttkissing'. I'm not a fan of fruity love for a start.

You say that money needs to be spent, then say if it doesnt you'll do what most other Oldhamers do and go back to watching Soccer Saturday. Great Outlook and one reason the clubs in the state it is.

Of course we need to strengthen the squad. No questions. Though have you ever thought it might be a case of there's no one yet who Shez has spotted who can demand a spot in our side? The Transfer window is open till the end of the month afterall. What's the point in rushing to get someone in just for the sake of it?? Who exactly is there available???

xxx

Whilst I am grateful to TTA , my gratitude has waned a little due to the constant public dummy spitting over Killen, Porter, and The Council, "we're packing our ball up and going home" type comments can only wash so many times and play on fans loyalty and conscious so many times before tedium sets in. Yes we are grateful but to constantly wheel out the "shut up, they saved us, so you're not allowed to criticise the club's transfer policy" is laughable. Make no bones about it in a months time without quality additions we will be fighting a relegation battle. The parallels with Ritchie's first season and Talbot's season are there to see. The home form is dire, the away form will fade, not even Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea win away every week and the clubs at the bottom are starting to gain ground as well as actually signing players.

As I said last weekend, the only constant at this club is the fans, if we want to criticise we can, constructively of course and I feel it is totally justified given our lack of success in bringing players in (For the 3rd January in sucession might I add) As i said before if they can offer KK silly money do it for other similar targets instead of drip-feeding crap to the Chronicle about wages. The wages are over-inflated, they know that, we know that, the Chron knows that blah blah feckin blah, instead of whingeing lets see some business acumen and wheeling and dealing to get the right players in, that'll ensure my club doesn't face another relegation battle

Edited by oafcprozac

So those who've disagreed with you. Myself included amongst others, have said that they're doing it for the love of the club have we? News to me. No one's that stupid. Though we appreciate what they've done. It's called respect and if it wasnt for them coming in when they did, i'd of probably still been in the rain rattling a bucket. I'm sorry if that gets disguised as 'buttkissing'. I'm not a fan of fruity love for a start.

You say that money needs to be spent, then say if it doesnt you'll do what most other Oldhamers do and go back to watching Soccer Saturday. Great Outlook and one reason the clubs in the state it is.

Of course we need to strengthen the squad. No questions. Though have you ever thought it might be a case of there's no one yet who Shez has spotted who can demand a spot in our side? The Transfer window is open till the end of the month afterall. What's the point in rushing to get someone in just for the sake of it?? Who exactly is there available???

Good post,much better than the original one,hopefully some investment in the team will be coming.(if it isn;t then they can whistle,i aint paying stupid money to a club with no apparent ambition-unless your into property of course)

Whilst I am grateful to TTA , my gratitude has waned a little due to the constant public dummy spitting over Killen, Porter, and The Council, "we're packing our ball up and going home" type comments can only wash so many times and play on fans loyalty and conscious so many times before tedium sets in. Yes we are grateful but to constantly wheel out the "shut up, they saved us, so you're not allowed to criticise the club's transfer policy" is laughable. Make no bones about it in a months time without quality additions we will be fighting a relegation battle. The parallels with Ritchie's first season and Talbot's season are there to see. The home form is dire, the away form will fade, not even Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea win away every week and the clubs at the bottom are starting to gain ground as well as actually signing players.

As I said last weekend, the only constant at this club is the fans, if we want to criticise we can, constructively of course and I feel it is totally justified given our lack of success in bringing players in (For the 3rd January in sucession might I add) As i said before if they can offer KK silly money do it for other similar targets instead of drip-feeding crap to the Chronicle about wages. The wages are over-inflated, they know that, we know that, the Chron knows that blah blah feckin blah, instead of whingeing lets see some business acumen and wheeling and dealing to get the right players in, that'll ensure my club doesn't face another relegation battle

Excellent post and one which mr bilboa needs to digest

Edited by jerzybalowski

We know the window's open a month, but we're over half way through and it isn't looking good, our record at the last minute hardly instils confidence does it? Let me remind you. Dean Crowe, Delroy Facey, Glombard, Malongo etc, at our level there's only the turds left on that final day, we've proved it year after year. We got in early this summer for once and pulled off coups by getting Davies and Hughes. If we want decent players we have to pay what they want otherwise we are left with scraps that no bugger else wants, I've seen it year after year mate.

We know the window's open a month, but we're over half way through and it isn't looking good, our record at the last minute hardly instils confidence does it? Let me remind you. Dean Crowe, Delroy Facey, Glombard, Malongo etc, at our level there's only the turds left on that final day, we've proved it year after year. We got in early this summer for once and pulled off coups by getting Davies and Hughes. If we want decent players we have to pay what they want otherwise we are left with scraps that no bugger else wants, I've seen it year after year mate.

Prozac they are absolutely spot on points you make-hopefully some of the lemmings will take note.