Don't Drop Davies...

Too much talk of dropping Davies tonight. The lad just needs a bit of confidence - one goal could well turn it around.

Actually cheering the guy from the first whistle on Saturday can make that difference. Anything else, won't.

Do the right thing.

I agree

Too much talk of dropping Davies tonight. The lad just needs a bit of confidence - one goal could well turn it around.

Actually cheering the guy from the first whistle on Saturday can make that difference. Anything else, won't.

Do the right thing.

People like a lot of what Davies can do and realise his undoubted ability. What they forget is that if he could do it all the time then he wouldn't be playing for us.

People like a lot of what Davies can do and realise his undoubted ability. What they forget is that if he could do it all the time then he wouldn't be playing for us.

Good for him if he can be that good. I'd like to see him achieve as much as he can - if he gets so good that he gets snapped up, so be it.

Good for him if he can be that good. I'd like to see him achieve as much as he can - if he gets so good that he gets snapped up, so be it.

I think you might be missing the view point of the people I was talking about here TSB ( :) )

'if he gets so good that he gets snapped up' then he will be a 'good for nothin' two timing disloyal , useless, money grabbing,son of a bitch, who we didn't want anyway! :lol:

Fair enough. That's just the reality of life at this level, isn't it?

Now then - let's roar him on to get a few in the cup.

Yes it is the reality - doesn't mean I like it though.

£650k for Irwin? Still grates on me. :angry:

I will certainly be backing Davies on Saturday and I hope he scores 12!! :grin:

Yes it is the reality - doesn't mean I like it though.

£650k for Irwin? Still grates on me. :angry:

I will certainly be backing Davies on Saturday and I hope he scores 12!! :grin:

every striker has a bad patch and hes having his now. everybody loved him at the start of the season, now most people hate him, i find that anoyin and shez is blamin those people for his team not winning at home. hmmmm.

Do the right thing.

Agreed. If his shot that hit the post tonight had gone in, it would have been one of the goals of the season. It was from a long way out and he hit a screamer which kept quite low and swerved. It looked as though it would go in off the post but instead it went across the face of the goal. His confidence would have soared if that had gone in.

His booking (he misses next Tuesday's game) came when he got involved with a Gillingham player, and insisted on resting his forehead on the player's head not once but twice. He shouldn't have got involved, just like Hughes shouldn't have got involved at Yeovil, but it's the frustration which they find impossible to control.

Davies needs to feel wanted and anyone who wants him to do well can do their bit by getting behind him and Smalley, or whoever takes Hughes's place, on Saturday from the start.

I think I know who'll take any penalty on Saturday. :grin:

Exactly. If he was scoring 20 goals a season, alongside that pace, then he'd be in the premier league or at a good championship side. Look at Jermaine Johnson at Wednesday, he's tearing people apart now AND his final ball is great - he couldnt hit a barn door at boundary park but i would have loved to us see him stay and work at his game WITH THE SUPPORT OF THE CROWD.

That's all Davies needs.

Its a joke, he is a regular, doesnt go injured very much, 9/10 a threat to defenders, 10 goals so far, yes he looks low in confidece - give the lad a break.

How many bobbins games did KK have and still got the man of the match at BP (Utter joke) , same old boo boy mentality at this club that gets everyone down.

We look solid at the back, lost one game in aroung 17 games, WTF do people want ?????

Exactly. If he was scoring 20 goals a season, alongside that pace, then he'd be in the premier league or at a good championship side. Look at Jermaine Johnson at Wednesday, he's tearing people apart now AND his final ball is great - he couldnt hit a barn door at boundary park but i would have loved to us see him stay and work at his game WITH THE SUPPORT OF THE CROWD.

That's all Davies needs.

My Dad was speaking to some Wednesday fans last week and Johnson's improvement is down to a telling off from his family!

When he went back to Tivoli Gardens on loan the team where it all started for him his family told him he was letting people down and that if he wasn't committed to playing football he should retire and do something he could give 100% to. So Jermaine returns, gets his head down and before you know it he's gone to Wednesday for 500k!

Regardless of his ability it seems he has got his head down and trains hard and has started to understand the fortune he has had, particularly compared to those back home in Tivoli.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

I've liked Davies from day 1 and I'm not going to change my opinion now. We have lacked pace up front for years and now we finally have some; even if he's not in great goalscoring form at the moment he is a real handfull for any defence. I doubt the Huddersfield back 4 are looking forward to facing him again.

I've liked Davies from day 1 and I'm not going to change my opinion now. We have lacked pace up front for years and now we finally have some; even if he's not in great goalscoring form at the moment he is a real handfull for any defence. I doubt the Huddersfield back 4 are looking forward to facing him again.

I agree, lets not forget Davies is only young and will improve, he is definately talented and hopefully in the years to come will score loads of goals for us. Every striker has a slight dip in form it does not mean we should jump on there backs when it happens, lets just remember what he is capable of and when his confidence returns what he will do to the opposition.

End of the game last night all 70+ of us clapping Davies off all telling him (or making signals) for him to keep his head up.

The negative comments on here about Davies are just commical. For instance how can someone post comments about how he should have done this or that during last nights game just after 10pm over a 200 miles from the ground???? It beggers belief. :mad:

My Dad was speaking to some Wednesday fans last week and Johnson's improvement is down to a telling off from his family!

When he went back to Tivoli Gardens on loan the team where it all started for him his family told him he was letting people down and that if he wasn't committed to playing football he should retire and do something he could give 100% to. So Jermaine returns, gets his head down and before you know it he's gone to Wednesday for 500k!

Regardless of his ability it seems he has got his head down and trains hard and has started to understand the fortune he has had, particularly compared to those back home in Tivoli.

To be honest JJ is looing pretty spectacular this season, think he has finally turned the corner.