Mark Allott

Upfront on saturday. With Smalley on the right taylor on left kalala and macca in middle I think that Allott up front is our best option. Hes more experienced to lead the line in such a big game and he knows how to hit a ball. Hed be a far more better option tha Wolfenden who for me is nowhere near gtood enough to play League One football. He barely cuts it at reserve level. Bring on the bollokings now for my comments. I just think it would give us the right midfield without leaving anyone out aswell. Two attacking wingers a defensive mid and a free floating mcdonald

Upfront on saturday. With Smalley on the right taylor on left kalala and macca in middle I think that Allott up front is our best option. Hes more experienced to lead the line in such a big game and he knows how to hit a ball. Hed be a far more better option tha Wolfenden who for me is nowhere near gtood enough to play League One football. He barely cuts it at reserve level. Bring on the bollokings now for my comments. I just think it would give us the right midfield without leaving anyone out aswell. Two attacking wingers a defensive mid and a free floating mcdonald

To be honest, I wouldn't be upset with that at all. To be fair to Allott on his first stint here, he mightn't have looked the best striker in the world, but he only played half a season each time and still hit 8 or 9 goals. In a very poor, struggling side. He'll give 100% upfront and run his knackers off....BUT....maybe it's a stretch too far. He's not played that role for years and with others (Smalley, Wolfy, Alessandra) more likely to play there, can't see Shez even contemplating the idea. For me, Allott's the unsung hero of the midfield too, protecting the defence.....take him out of that equation and maybe the defence wouldn't be as solid? Not worth the risk. Unless we're chasing the game.....then we go 2-3-5!!! :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

I don't think our forward options are good enough to be worth playing two up front. Wolfy might make it playing alongside a big lump but I can't see him being effective with CD. Ratman might do a reasonable emergency job but I can't see him striking fear into defences. I'd play five in midfield and hope Smalley, Taylor and McDonald push up enough to support. It should give enough cover for Eardley to push on when Smalley drives inside as he likes to do from the right (and which I think he is pretty dangerous doing).

I don't think our forward options are good enough to be worth playing two up front. Wolfy might make it playing alongside a big lump but I can't see him being effective with CD. Ratman might do a reasonable emergency job but I can't see him striking fear into defences. I'd play five in midfield and hope Smalley, Taylor and McDonald push up enough to support. It should give enough cover for Eardley to push on when Smalley drives inside as he likes to do from the right (and which I think he is pretty dangerous doing).

it'll be Davies & Smalley without a shadow of a doubt, won't it?

IMO I would push macca slightly further forward playing just behind Davies, and have kalala and allot behind him playing the yard dogs and smalley and taylor on right and left repectively. Thinking being that Macca is better in the air than Allot and allots best games have come in midfield. Plus if we are going if we are going to play wingers we will want people to get on the end of crosses. Like you unfortunately I don't see wolfy cutting it for us.

We need a big performance from Davies saturday as he will be expected to lead the line. Come on craig you know you have it in you be our match winner.

Wolfenden should start.

He's a good striker. Opportunities have been far and few this season, but he has scored twice.

i personaly would like to see us play 4-4-2 with davies and smalley up front, purley just for smalleys ariel ability, he will provide more a threat than wolfy at the moment.

i fear if we play a 4-3-3 with davies at the point he will drift wide far to often and that will leave us short of numbers in the box.

taylor on the left , allott on the right. its not the best option but at home i think its the best option to get us the win at the moment.

I think the fact that the thought have discusin allott up front has come into somebodies mind (let alone come through their fingers onto a keyboard) distressing.

A clear sign of how far the team have moved along since last season... in the wrong direction!!

:o

I think the fact that the thought have discusin allott up front has come into somebodies mind (let alone come through their fingers onto a keyboard) distressing.

A clear sign of how far the team have moved along since last season... in the wrong direction!!

Ah, but hold on Daz - Wolves away last season - Porter was off on compassionate leave so we played Wolfy and Warney - now we have a player better than Porter (Hughes) missing the game, and we are debating whether Allott or Smalley give us a better option than Wolfy, to play alongside our top scorer, who has replace Warney, who for all his virtues isn't the player that Davies is. Ergo, all of our striking options are in fact better than they were last year :)

lovely user image,and your spot on with your analysis...are you me?

lovely user image,and your spot on with your analysis...are you me?

See the post from Leeslover to see how wrong both you and daz truley are.

The only thing we are missing this season from last is a creative midfielder and Liddell fit and on form. If we can get a decent winger in and sort out a ball player we will be just as good as we were last season. Obviously a strikerwould be nice as well, but I think people look back on last season because we did well and forget about the problems we had which in the end cosrt us auto promotion.

IMO I would push macca slightly further forward playing just behind Davies, and have kalala and allot behind him playing the yard dogs and smalley and taylor on right and left repectively. Thinking being that Macca is better in the air than Allot and allots best games have come in midfield. Plus if we are going if we are going to play wingers we will want people to get on the end of crosses. Like you unfortunately I don't see wolfy cutting it for us.

We need a big performance from Davies saturday as he will be expected to lead the line. Come on craig you know you have it in you be our match winner.

Im with Glossop. Dont wana see 'Wolfy'.