Shez - could've signed 2 players before Hudds game

todays Chron.

loanees who wanted too much money - anyone know who they were???

also says hoping to have someone in for tomorrow night.

If we want someone to sign for tomorrow evening, when is the deadline to register them so they are eligible? Noon tomorrow?

Not the brightest PR move in my book esp. if 'Udders get drawn at Old trafford in about 2 mins.

Nowt to say both wouldn't have already been cup tied Wozzer.

PS: How's your old fella now? He was pretty poorly a while back wasn't he?

They weren't cup tied according to the Chron Dan.

He's not so bad thanks mate, speech isn't what it was but he can still shout (albeit incoherently) as i found out Saturday!

Both were available Dan, From the horse's mouth in the Chron. Strange move, Shez admitting that, started to dig that hole for himself methinks........

They weren't cup tied according to the Chron Dan.

He's not so bad thanks mate, speech isn't what it was but he can still shout (albeit incoherently) as i found out Saturday!

Fair play, haven't read the article myself.

Can still shout albeit incoherently? Like father like son then? :wink:

Both were available Dan, From the horse's mouth in the Chron. Strange move, Shez admitting that, started to dig that hole for himself methinks........

I actually thought it was pretty honest of Shez, He didn't have to say anything really. We don't know who they were and how much they were asking for.

Thing about gambling is, it's best to gamble on something you know a little bit about rather than 'blind'.

Thing about gambling is, it's best to gamble on something you know a little bit about rather than 'blind'.

Yep, they could have been an expensive gamble that didn't pay off, or they could have been an expensive gamble that did pay off, but, if unsure, do nothing.

As I said in a previous post 'though, I think the club should be naming targets that have not materialised, and not leave us playing a guessing game. They don't have any obligation to, but it would be nice if they did.

Yep, they could have been an expensive gamble that didn't pay off, or they could have been an expensive gamble that did pay off, but, if unsure, do nothing.

As I said in a previous post 'though, I think the club should be naming targets that have not materialised, and not leave us playing a guessing game. They don't have any obligation to, but it would be nice if they did.

what?

you'd feel better if you knew we'd missed out on a decent player?

He also goes on to say "They weren't right and wanted too much money but I’ve got lots of other names lined up."

Better IMO to avoid signing people who wouldn't add to the Team but instead wait for those who will. Bringing someone in specifically for the FA Cup is not good sense and he needs someone who is going to complement Hughes and Davies for the longer term as opposed to replacing one or either of them for a single game.

In balance therefore, I think he has done himself far more good than bad in what after all is third party paraphrasing of his comments.

I actually thought it was pretty honest of Shez, He didn't have to say anything really. We don't know who they were and how much they were asking for.

Its not so much gambling in bringing players in that I have the problem with, it is the fact he doesn't have the balls to play a real 442 and constantly leaves Lomax on the bench. He must be destroying the kid. We have the personnel to play a more expansive attcking game but his safety first approach is costing us big time at home. The players know it isnt working but he will only switch things about in the last 10 minutes or so. Trotters could've been pushed up with 20 minutes to go on Saturday but he sat on his hands and we limped to defeat. This is our best team with the personnel we have available and is the team i'd like to see take on Carlsle tomorrow night, lets just have a bloody good at someone at home

Crossley

Eardley

Hazell

Trotman

Lomax

Taylor

Allott

MacDonald

Smalley

Hughes

Allessandra

That team has two pacy fullbacks, two pacy wingers, Allott to protect the back four by playing in his usual deep lying position and Macca to make the forward runs. This team should be able to put enough crosses in to create chances at least. Sod it lets lose 4-3 instead of 1-0 every week. Lets attack teams instead of rolling over playing insipid boring directionless football.

Its not so much gambling in bringing players in that I have the problem with, it is the fact he doesn't have the balls to play a real 442 and constantly leaves Lomax on the bench. He must be destroying the kid. We have the personnel to play a more expansive attcking game but his safety first approach is costing us big time at home. The players know it isnt working but he will only switch things about in the last 10 minutes or so. Trotters could've been pushed up with 20 minutes to go on Saturday but he sat on his hands and we limped to defeat. This is our best team with the personnel we have available and is the team i'd like to see take on Carlsle tomorrow night, lets just have a bloody good at someone at home

Crossley

Eardley

Hazell

Trotman

Lomax

Taylor

Allott

MacDonald

Smalley

Hughes

Allessandra

That team has two pacy fullbacks, two pacy wingers, Allott to protect the back four by playing in his usual deep lying position and Macca to make the forward runs. This team should be able to put enough crosses in to create chances at least. Sod it lets lose 4-3 instead of 1-0 every week. Lets attack teams instead of rolling over playing insipid boring directionless football.

are you a Geordie in disguise?

Edited by dfOAFC

He also goes on to say "They weren't right and wanted too much money but I’ve got lots of other names lined up."

Better IMO to avoid signing people who wouldn't add to the Team but instead wait for those who will. Bringing someone in specifically for the FA Cup is not good sense and he needs someone who is going to complement Hughes and Davies for the longer term as opposed to replacing one or either of them for a single game.

In balance therefore, I think he has done himself far more good than bad in what after all is third party paraphrasing of his comments.

But, if (and i know it's a big if) we'd signed somebody and won on Saturday, even someone on 10 grand a week for 3 months (£130k) given the draw 'udders have got he'd effectively have been making us money!

are you a Geordie in disguise?

Well what's your solution? Surely you can see that our play is too narrow and too laboured in the build up? The easiest way is to play the ball wide and get it in early instead of your strikers constantly being forced wide. Davies at times on Saturday was 40 yards from his own goal having to drop that deep to get a sniff of the ball. That can't be right surely?

We're also packing the midfield at home when it just isn't needed, ok it has worked well away from home but JP imo isn't needed as much at BP. I'd rather sacrifice him and play with out and out wide players, allowing Allott and Macca to play in the middle. Give it ten games if it doesn't work i'll hold my hnds up but the teams that have done well in this league over the last 5 years have played with pacy wingers. Shez should take a leaf out of the books of Adkins, Tilson, Newell, Sturrock and Jewell - the last 5 managers to win this league.

But, if (and i know it's a big if) we'd signed somebody and won on Saturday, even someone on 10 grand a week for 3 months (£130k) given the draw 'udders have got he'd effectively have been making us money!

Alternatively if we had gambled and brought someone in for 3 months on 10k a week and still not won on Saturday we would have blown a large portion of any monies that may be available to bring in permanent long term signings on a 3 month loan player who would be leaving.

Alternatively if we had gambled and brought someone in for 3 months on 10k a week and still not won on Saturday we would have blown a large portion of any monies that may be available to bring in permanent long term signings on a 3 month loan player who would be leaving.

Speculate to accumulate they say.