Big Striker! Worth a punt!?

That'd be Hartson.

3 years younger than Dickov! Better too!

Release by WBA today.

Got a decent scoring record too! Got to be worth a shot! Someone get this info inside the club before Doncaster snap him up!

Record:

399 appearences

167 goals

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

That'd be Hartson.

3 years younger than Dickov! Better too!

Release by WBA today.

Got a decent scoring record too! Got to be worth a shot! Someone get this info inside the club before Doncaster snap him up!

Ideal, could be too expensive or could just wana play football and be happy to take home 100k a year. Doubt he's short of cash.

Well... I guess we have a couple of Taffs, and we have a couple of Gingers. So having a Taff Ginger wouldn't be too bad would it?

I haven't seen him play recently, but given his historic fitness issues I'm guessing he'd be better suited to Oldham RLFC than us...

Saturday's opponents will be looking closely I think.

They ruled him out about 3 months ago as he was asking for too much money..... however with a big Baggie pay off in his pocket he might be more willing to step down....

... would be exactly what we needed though....

I thought we already had hartson...combine smalley, hughes and alessandra and you've just about got the right size, shape and weight!!!!!!

I wouldn't be keen on Hartson, I think we should be looking for a slightly younger, less expensive and hungrier (?!!) option than him. No doubting his quality though.

Saw him on TV in the Norwich - Ipswich game. Came on as sub and was used basically as a battering ram. To say he was immobile would be an understatement.

Norwich sent him back to west brom after 2 appearances on loan....

unfit and attitude problem were the reasons reported at the time!

Saw him on TV in the Norwich - Ipswich game. Came on as sub and was used basically as a battering ram. To say he was immobile would be an understatement.

Pretty much exactly what I was about to say. He's so slow now I would only use him as a substitute if you wanted to go long all the time. Great player in his day who has admitted that his lifestyle prevented him from achieving even more in the game.* I'd reckon he would still be able to hold the ball up better than anyone at this level but you'd have to ask the opposition to put the kettle on while he got himself into position.

* Several honours in Green and White Hoops being pretty near as good as it gets.

lol you are thinking of big Gordon.

:grin: At least if we did there's someone at the club to base the shirt measurements on, esp having seen the Hartson appearance on the same Ipswich-Norwich game.

There are plenty of other options around, which I am more than confident Shez is aware of. I reckon the Clarke call could well be the one that happens. Having done a quick trawl of the championship squads though there are plenty of decent quality not catching their first teams...Bridges, Odejayi, Clarke, Stephen Elliot, Stuart Elliot just to name a few.

Not interested. Big slow lump. Not saying he's useless but he'd be a ridiculously expensive (wage-wise) and short-term (age-wise) attempt to fix a problem, and I don't think he'd work out. Would rather see us investing in youth if the alternative is overpriced, snail-paced veterans.

I wouldn't be keen on Hartson, I think we should be looking for a slightly younger, less expensive and hungrier (?!!) option than him. No doubting his quality though.

Norwich sent him back to west brom after 2 appearances on loan....

unfit and attitude problem were the reasons reported at the time!

And people complained about Ricketts' big billy balls attitude and then think Hartson coming would be a good idea. Not sure I'm with that. But we do need bodies....if there is no-one else (highly likely) then maybe we have to gamble. Again though, it's a short term fix we're looking at....I suppose it's better doing that now though than in July 2007, as we did with KK :disappointed:

Edited by boundaryblue80

And people complained about Ricketts' big billy balls attitude and then think Hartson coming would be a good idea.

Funny you should say that.

A few years ago when we lived in London, my wife was out with some friends at Titanic Bar and Hartson's group (including Richard Dunwoody and Victor Ubugu) moved in for a chat. Hartson tried it on with my missus who told him she wasn't interested. He came out with the classic "do you know who I am?". She told him that she wasn't impressed - he then got a text, read it and said "I'd better be off, my wife has just gone into labour".

Nice guy.

Regardless of that, I would hate to see him come to Latics as I just do not rate him on what I have seen recently on TV.