92nd minute

Ricketts was awful. Kilkenny went half way thru the season. Davies flatters to deceive. Will giive you Hazell. Crossley not sure. The lack of preperation for the January transfer window was nothing short of amateurish and shambolic. To be left in that situation after knowing for months it was coming was inexcusable.

I'm not talking how how well the players did, but attracting players like that, of that stature is what I'm getting at, two seasons ago it was Guy Branston, David Lee, Richard Butcher, Chris Day. Now it's Davies (a promising young Welsh International), Ricketts a former Premiership top goalscorer and England international, John Thompson a former Ireland international, Mark Crossley last season a Premiership goalkeeper, Kilkenny a creative midfielder who played a big part in Birmingham's premiership campaign t'other season. Some of those worked out some didn't, but their stature is undoubtably better than those we were signing two seasons ago. In terms of attracting players I don't think Shez anything to prove and that claim will be back up by the people who brings in at the end of the season. He was unlucky this January, he didn't want any Tom, :censored: or Harry, he looked for specific targets, he didn't get all of them but he got two decent players in Jarrett and Livermore.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Having two midfielders and two strikers lined up, three strikers if the rumorur about Bridges is true. So he could have brought five players in and ended up with two.

Neither of who will score many goals, (now see my earlier thread on Sherjil McDonald).

Neither of who will score many goals, (now see my earlier thread on Sherjil McDonald).

I take it you mean the midfielders won't score, maybe not but they will help the strikers already at the club score, they will probably help Hughes more than Davies and Lewis as they will probably be more on his wavelength having played at a higher level.

Would have been good to have got Sherjil, maybe we tried? Maybe Shez wanted the experienced players? Maybe we got Sherjil and he broke his leg in his first game on loan? All ifs and buts.

Goals get you out of this league and we desperately needed a striker. Anyone could see that.

And Barry Owen was responsible for Hughes - it was nowt to do with Sheridan.

The best chance we had for years to get out of this division has just evaporated due to a lack of planning.

How frustrating.

Goals get you out of this league and we desperately needed a striker. Anyone could see that.

The best chance we had for years to get out of this division has just evaporated due to a lack of planning.

How frustrating.

I'd say the best chance we had was last season, pretty solid team with good balance and good goal scorer banging them in for fun. We ballsed that right up though.

Would have been good to have got Sherjil, maybe we tried? Maybe Shez wanted the experienced players? Maybe we got Sherjil and he broke his leg in his first game on loan? All ifs and buts.

Well if he tried he didn't try hard enough as Sherjil went to a club a league lower.

No excuse this time surely about players pricing themselves out of a move to Oldham ?

Well I had a tenner on Latics to draw at Bristol because I cannot see us scoring many goals with the options we have at present. So I am miffed that my tenner has gone down the pan and a bit more miffed that we seem to be hell bent on trying to secure a playoff place on with a forward line that has no real potency. Two kids, One young striker trying to get his form back and a guy who has spent the last Three years in the big house does not inspire a load of confidence does it ?

Drphibes

Well I had a tenner on Latics to draw at Bristol because I cannot see us scoring many goals with the options we have at present. So I am miffed that my tenner has gone down the pan and a bit more miffed that we seem to be hell bent on trying to secure a playoff place on with a forward line that has no real potency. Two kids, One young striker trying to get his form back and a guy who has spent the last Three years in the big house does not inspire a load of confidence does it ?

Drphibes

ffs......we need to win 11 out of 18 wasnt it.so we now need to win 10 out of 16???

cant believe the negativity of our so called fans......untill its mathematically impossible the playoffs are still there to be won.

ffs......we need to win 11 out of 18 wasnt it.so we now need to win 10 out of 16???

cant believe the negativity of our so called fans......untill its mathematically impossible the playoffs are still there to be won.

I do not consider my thoughts to be be negative more like realistic. Do you think our forward line is playoff winning standard ?

Drphibes

How frustrating.

The best chance of getting out of this league for years has not been this season. The best chance was last year when the league was very poor, this year was always going to be difficult, but with our performances last year we should have gone up in either 1st or 2nd.

We have the players to get us to the playoffs. whether or not we have the tactics, heart or determination to get there is another matter.

Two welsh internationals.

A prolific goalscorer in the championship.

Solid defence.

Championship midfield players.

You have to ask, where is it going wrong?

I think the line between success and mediocrity in this league is a very fine one. I have yet to see a plan B when plan A hasn't worked. It's the back room in my opinion.

I do not consider my thoughts to be be negative more like realistic. Do you think our forward line is playoff winning standard ?

Drphibes

Hughes and Davies? Yes I do. A third would be nice but Louis looks good. Lidds to come back as well.

I think we can win ten more games especially with the imminent returns of Hughesy and Greegs who are two top, top players at this level.

Wow this is frustrating again, what is worst is by now they MUST be expecting this to happen so why dont we do anything about it,

we werent that bad, its just at the end of the match the players seem to think "we will settle for a draw" and seem to relax, thats when they score the goal!

we need someone back, liddel, hughes or gregan, who can give us a proper boost! these players are experienced and can definately bring something to the squad,

the strength of gregan, the crosses of liddell and the lethal finishing of hughes would be excellent,

say bye bye to davies till he knows where the net is again and bring in allessandra, can honestly say allessandra is 1 of our next big hopes, is play is brilliant!

Hahahahahahaha.

Quality.

You didn't seem to think we had a very good chance at the start of the season, did you? Or after the first 10 games. Only way we were getting out of the division was the other way, if we'd believed the doom you were peddling.

Priceless.

Tell you what, how about we bring back Ronnie Moore? Will that make you happy?

Hughes and Davies? Yes I do. A third would be nice but Louis looks good. Lidds to come back as well.

I think we can win ten more games especially with the imminent returns of Hughesy and Greegs who are two top, top players at this level.

I agree that Hughes and Davies could probably do a great job together but what about when one suffers a loss of form like Davies ? What about when one gets injured like Hughes ? When this happens we are now forced into looking at practically untested kids. Liddell's return would be more than welcome just like Gregan but time is running out because the odds of both of these guys hitting top form instantly when they return is another big question. I cannot help but feel that the club are now looking to next season when it comes to bringing in new players, the addition of Jarrett and Livermore had to happen because the midfield area was looking worse than upfront after KK's departure.

Drphibes

ugh... is this honestly going to happen every time we lose a game in this division??? Bloomin eck... the target is to win two games out of three, we have lost one away from home, thats it... move on to the next game, lets not all call in the harbingers of doom... fair enough.. we didnt win and werent great, but plenty other teams will go to brizzle and lose this season...

We probably wont go up this season, but its far from over... the biggest factor in this entire season is getting hughes fit and on the pitch - fully convinced we would have won last night with hughesy... I always say the league is decided from 15 games to the end... you just need to be in touching distance which we are, not many teams up there who are consistently winning every week... and with Hughes fit I fancy our chances at getting amongst them... if he isnt then bring on next season...

To say we havent got good enough players to match the likes of Carlisle, Tranmere and Leyton orient is just rediculous... we have better players then all of em... the problem is just getting them fit and on the pitch... injuries matter so much in this division... its not an excuse though but you have to accept it and get on with it, if it doesnt happen this season I cant wait for next season because we will do this...

And for gods sake - shez out cos we lose away at Brizzle - get real, honestly.... we are mid table, arent going down, still have a shot at the playoffs, and if not we have a great platform for next season... yeovil and brighton coming up... 6 points there and lets see what happens...

Are you having a laugh ????

1, last year was our best chance in years to get out of this league

2, bad planning ? How do you work that out ? We tried and tried to get players in but they wouldnt come!!! How could he had "planned" better ??

Love it. Injury ravaged team, stuck on a bus all day slips to a narrow 0-1 defeat in the last minute and the knives are firmly out once again. To be honest, I thought a draw would have been the best we were gonna get before the match myself.

Now your trying to blame the loss on the fact that players were stuck on a bus. If that is not P**s poor planning before a game then what is?????

Edited by happyterryb