John Akinde..Ebbsfleet

I hope Latics are looking at Ebbsfleet's big strapping 18 year old centre forward John Akinde.

He's already hit 7 goals since progressing from their youth team the last couple of months and has massive potential, with a good first touch, pace and distribution.

Going to go higher no doubt.

Let's see him at BP for trials at least.

Edited by BP1960

I remeber that going through. So do you actually get to vote on the team every week then?

I think there'd be riots if we instituted that on here!

5,000 would pick Taylor on the right wing - one wouldn't. :D

Edited by BP1960

The shareholders don't yet currently pick the side. I heard an interview with Liam Daish who is their manager on radio 5 tuther day.

In which he was enthusiastic about the MyFootballClub 'experiment' after expressing his initial doubts. He said it has injected excitement into the club, from which the players are benefitting.

The technology is in place on the web site for member to pick the team, in order to iron out any possible glitches, but selections made during the trial period are not being acted upon.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

BP1960 - as i've gathered from reading on here, you are/ were a scout in the professional game - if you've seen this lad in person and think he's got potential, then is there any harm in letting the club know your thoughts?? if your background holds much clout, then surely they'd be more inclined to listen & act on your thoughts, than those of fans like me who base there opinions on decent signings from sky sports football / football manager / internet....etc

If he's in the blue square prem and is 17/18, then i'm sure if the wheels were put in motion, then he'd be keen as mustard to come up for a trial at a coca cola league 1 club and see if he impresses.....

BP1960 - as i've gathered from reading on here, you are/ were a scout in the professional game - if you've seen this lad in person and think he's got potential, then is there any harm in letting the club know your thoughts?? if your background holds much clout, then surely they'd be more inclined to listen & act on your thoughts, than those of fans like me who base there opinions on decent signings from sky sports football / football manager / internet....etc

If he's in the blue square prem and is 17/18, then i'm sure if the wheels were put in motion, then he'd be keen as mustard to come up for a trial at a coca cola league 1 club and see if he impresses.....

Thanks for that, I'm retired now from the professional game now, but still receive phone calls from one of my old colleagues at a Premiership club.

It won't surprise many to hear they had never heard of Akinde, and these days clubs seem to be more swayed by agents than scouts.

I assume someone from the Latics management checks out this fine website, if not they should certainly do so. In general loyal fans are a mine of information and more knowledgeable than given credit for.

One of my recommendations from earlier this season on this board midfielder Adam Miller (the one with long hair and head band) went from non league Stevenage to Gillingham and gave a fine display I thought at Boundary park last week.

There are many more talented young players out there and it was good to see Latics give a trial to Kia Nelson this week in the reserves as he looks well worth following up.

Thanks for that, I'm retired now from the professional game now, but still receive phone calls from one of my old colleagues at a Premiership club.

It won't surprise many to hear they had never heard of Akinde, and these days clubs seem to be more swayed by agents than scouts.

I assume someone from the Latics management checks out this fine website, if not they should certainly do so. In general loyal fans are a mine of information and more knowledgeable than given credit for.

One of my recommendations from earlier this season on this board midfielder Adam Miller (the one with long hair and head band) went from non league Stevenage to Gillingham and gave a fine display I thought at Boundary park last week.

There are many more talented young players out there and it was good to see Latics give a trial to Kia Nelson this week in the reserves as he looks well worth following up.

Yes that Miller was impressive i thought-

BP1960 you know where we have got this Kia Nelson on trial from??

The shareholders don't yet currently pick the side. I heard an interview with Liam Daish who is their manager on radio 5 tuther day.

Liam Daish sent me an email today expressing gratitude and all that bollo...s (alright it was no doubt one of those automated ones that got sent to all MyFootballClub members....) Bet he wouldn't have sent it to me if he knew I'd voted for him not to have his contract extended.

you where a player? or scout ? and for who

I guess was destined to be a scout from since my schooldays, I was 13 years old when I recommended one of the kids in our school team for trials at a league club. He went on to become one of the most prolific goal scorers ever in the football league, and later moved into management. He's now a chief scout himself, Amazingly we only met up again a couple of years ago after over 40 years.

As for me injuries curtailed my ambitions as a teenager so maybe thats why I took an interest in watching rather than competing.

It's in my blood so I will still keep my eyes open for emerging talent, (I am following up at the moment on local young player in non league who has just been released by a premiership giant).

BP1960 you know where we have got this Kia Nelson on trial from??

Cards are being kept close to the chest with this one at the moment.

Edited by BP1960

I guess was destined to be a scout from since my schooldays, I was 13 years old when I recommended one of the kids in our school team for trials at a league club. He went on to become one of the most prolific goal scorers ever in the football league, and later moved into management. He's now a chief scout himself, Amazingly we only met up again a couple of years ago after over 40 years.

As for me injuries curtailed my ambitions as a teenager so maybe thats why I took an interest in watching rather than competing.

It's in my blood so I will still keep my eyes open for emerging talent, (I am following up at the moment on local young player in non league who has just been released by a premiership giant).

but which club where you a scout for ?

• 5 months later...

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron says Millwall have offered £100,000 for John Akinde of MyFootballClub Ebbsfleet United, although it’s understood Peterborough are chasing the same target.

As one of the owners of the Fleet, I shall have to vote for deferment of the sale until after Saturday's game. :grin:

• 4 weeks later...

I consider that I and my fellow owners of Ebbsfleet United did a great deal in the interest of both the Club and the player by the sale of John Akinde, who has risen through the Club’s youth scheme, to Bristol City on Monday.

After an initial payment on signature by Akinde, staged payments - standard in football transfers - will bring the transfer fee to £150,000.

Additionally the Fleet will receive a further:

£25,000 if Akinde features (either in the starting line up or as substitute) after ten matches;

£100,000 if he features in 50% of matches if City win promotion to the Premiership;

20% of any gross proceeds (over and above what will have already been paid) from any future transfer of Akinde from Bristol City.

There are those who believe that by selling Akinde MyFootballClub is showing a lack of ambition - that could not be further from the truth. I consider that the move will strengthen the team’s ambitions to gain promotion this season. The summer signings up front have ensured that the Club has four strikers and with the onward progress of James Smith and Luke Moore to the England C squad along with Lance Cronin, the club goes from strength to strength. With Michael Gash breaking his league duck on Saturday the Club has another potential match winner who is only 21. The Fleet also has several youth scheme players on the fringes of the squad who showed potential during pre-season.

The Fleet was also in the news when former favourite Jimmy Bullard got a call up to the England squad

You can become a co-owner if you wish:

http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/

• 12 years later...
On 2/14/2008 at 9:29 PM, BP1960 said:

I hope Latics are looking at Ebbsfleet's big strapping 18 year old centre forward John Akinde.

He's already hit 7 goals since progressing from their youth team the last couple of months and has massive potential, with a good first touch, pace and distribution.

Going to go higher no doubt.

Let's see him at BP for trials at least.

13 years later it could be happening.