Paul Warne

chaddy the owl

Warney  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Will Warney get a warm reception?

• Yes, i will welcome him
    • No, i will throw rotten cabbage at him.
    • Dont ask me, i dont even attend games, i got lost on the internet.

Just wondering what the reaction will be to him tomorrow?

After being on the phone to him a bit over the past week he is gutted that he wont be starting tomorrows game. He is bringing all the family up to watch the game and he is really looking forward to coming back and seeing everyone.

I told him that i thought he would get a very good reception after last season. But i also pointed out that if he does get on and score he cant celebrate to which he replied "I would never disrespect Oldham like that". I pointed out that ex players always score past us to which he replied "My heart is still with Oldham so i dont consider myself an ex player".

I hope he gets a great reception when he comes out tomorrow, but what is everyone elses view on it?

After being on the phone to him a bit over the past week he is gutted that he wont be starting tomorrows game. He is bringing all the family up to watch the game and he is really looking forward to coming back and seeing everyone.

I told him that i thought he would get a very good reception after last season. But i also pointed out that if he does get on and score he cant celebrate to which he replied "I would never disrespect Oldham like that". I pointed out that ex players always score past us to which he replied "My heart is still with Oldham so i dont consider myself an ex player".

I hope he gets a great reception when he comes out tomorrow, but what is everyone elses view on it?

He should get a good reception was a good player for us and all ways give 110%

when he pulled the Oldham shirt on!!!

He'll definitely get a great reception from me. Never the best footballer but a 110% trier, and that counts for a huge amount in my book.

Nice guy too!

Poor player but tried his heart out for the team. Will get a great reception and he deserves it

I think poor is a bit harsh ritchie. Not brilliant but certainly not poor. As RBL says, he just ran out of steam in the end.

Edited by danoafc

"But i also pointed out that if he does get on and score he cant celebrate to which he replied "I would never disrespect Oldham like that". I pointed out that ex players always score past us to which he replied "My heart is still with Oldham so i dont consider myself an ex player".

Chaddy, Did you feel a dejavu moment. Word for word that is the exact same conversation you had with Warne a month ago :lol:

Serious though I will be clapping Warne and hope he gets a good reception....

In fact I will add that should he be booed I'd losing any remaining faith I had in most of our supporters.

I think it's quite sad that it even needs to be asked what sort of reception someone like Paul Warne will get. He gave his all for us.

By all accounts he was shafted by Latic's (allegedly) and didn't want to leave. He'd crawl back on broken glass tomorrow if Shez give him the nod. Top bloke and a top player for us last year. If he was a couple of years younger he'd still be with us.

Hopefully he'll get a great reception tomorrow until he puts in a hard tackle/back chats to the ref when the muppet choir will jump on his back (as a fighting breaks out in the Chaddy end)

KOTK

Edited by Kingofdikebab

In fact I will add that should he be booed I'd losing any remaining faith I had in most of our supporters.

I think it's quite sad that it even needs to be asked what sort of reception someone like Paul Warne will get. He gave his all for us.

I have no doubt in my mind that he will get a great reception from the Oldham fans after the effort he put in while he was here.

If all players had his attitude and work ethic the game would be a lot better for it.

"But i also pointed out that if he does get on and score he cant celebrate to which he replied "I would never disrespect Oldham like that". I pointed out that ex players always score past us to which he replied "My heart is still with Oldham so i dont consider myself an ex player".

Chaddy, Did you feel a dejavu moment. Word for word that is the exact same conversation you had with Warne a month ago :lol:

Serious though I will be clapping Warne and hope he gets a good reception....

Sorry, your right, that was the conversation we had last month, this week we had a chat about how he has been getting on, and talked about the fact his kids are coming up to see me as they dont like Yeovils mascot. His son was my biggest fan last season :blush:

Agreed.

Those who enjoy booing ex-players will be satisfied with making Terrell Forbes their target, if he passes a fitness test.

the best all round, except for yeovil of course is,

3-0 up with ten mins to go, warne makes an apperance to a great ovation, pulls a consolation out of the bag, does not celebbrate and we show our appreciation.

i hope he gets to play apart in the game as long as he does not affect the result in a negative way.

loved watching him hunt down opposing full backs last season, he certainly fits the bill when defending from the front.