Rochdale.....

Lost 5 or their last 6 games ! Looks like the wheels are coming off just as they reach the business end of the season. They're still in with a shout if they win their games in hand but I think they'll mess it up as usual (still, they're in a better position than Oldham)

I was born in Rochdale and have a little bit of a soft spot for them, but my biggest reason for wanting them to do well is so that they get promoted and give me a chance to see my first competitive match between Latics and Dale. Has anyone ever seen a competitive match between Oldham and Rochdale ? I'm not talking about Rose Bowls or other friendly type games etc...just proper League or Cup games.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, my brother in law is a Dale fan and every season is the same, they start of badly then have a cracking run, look like going up then tail off. To be fair they have been improving over the last few years and I really thought they were going to do it this year but selling Murray has had a massive impact.

Every year I want to get them in the cup and would love it if we played them in the league.

Same old dale story. Sell there best striker and the wheels come off. Have to seriously ask themselves in future whether £300,000 bid's for Holt, Lambert and this season Murray are really worth it.

Still a very good chance.

*cough* and Porter */cough*

Lost 5 or their last 6 games ! Looks like the wheels are coming off just as they reach the business end of the season. They're still in with a shout if they win their games in hand but I think they'll mess it up as usual (still, they're in a better position than Oldham)

I was born in Rochdale and have a little bit of a soft spot for them, but my biggest reason for wanting them to do well is so that they get promoted and give me a chance to see my first competitive match between Latics and Dale. Has anyone ever seen a competitive match between Oldham and Rochdale ? I'm not talking about Rose Bowls or other friendly type games etc...just proper League or Cup games.

Last competitive matches were 1973/1974 season I believe. We went up to Div 2 as champs, Dale relegated to Div 4. Walter Joyce was their manager who put his faith in youngsters. Latics won both games, 3-0 BP and 2-0 Spotland I think, and I saw both games. In fact saw all homes and about 10 aways that season. Great days for Latics.

I think Dale are content to stay in League 3 cos of finances etc but I would love them to come up and always look for their results plus still go to the odd game at spotland

Last competitive matches were 1973/1974 season I believe. We went up to Div 2 as champs, Dale relegated to Div 4. Walter Joyce was their manager who put his faith in youngsters. Latics won both games, 3-0 BP and 2-0 Spotland I think, and I saw both games. In fact saw all homes and about 10 aways that season. Great days for Latics.

I think Dale are content to stay in League 3 cos of finances etc but I would love them to come up and always look for their results plus still go to the odd game at spotland

They sayed in the same division ever since. Am surpised we have never faced them in the cup. They have had a few good players.

First chance i've got to watch them tomorrow.

For anyone stuck with anything to do on sunday. Dale are doing a special in the WMG. Adults £10, Kids £3.

Guess i'll only need to take a fiver with me. :tongue1:

Good 4-1 win for them todays against accrington. If they win their games in hand they are still in with a good shout!

Similar to us when looking attheir away record compared to their home record.

1st half had to be one of the poorest games of football i've ever seen. Neither side could string a pass together and it was rather embarrassing to have to sit through. Seriously, it made Latics at their worst this season look like Brazil. Accy looked the more threatening the opening 15. Dale came more into the game but it wasnt a shock when accy scored. Dale's keeper had a nightmare. Dale seemed scared to have a shot. Luckily in the very last seconds of the one minute added time, they won a penalty which never was. Le Fondre cracked it down the centre.

Accy werent that bad in the 1st half - dont understand why at 0-0 they were so painfully slow at taking throw in's. They infact should of had a bigger lead going into half time but heads dropped with the penalty on the stroke of half time.

2nd half was a completely different dale. Good move down the right, laid into the path of Jones who drilled it into the top corner. 3rd was a superb drilled cross met by the head of Alfie. Who sealed his hattrick not long after, Could have been more in the end.

Crap 1st half. Good 2nd half performance. Perkins once again stood out by a country mile - Man of Match by a country mile. Despite what the announcer said. I've said before that i'd love him to be snapped up a Latics. Every game i've seen him play since he signed for dale, he's ran the midfield. Just a shame he wore tights like a big tart today.

Easy to see how dale have played at home all season. Hopefully with that 2nd half performance they'll have turned a corner.

UP THE DALE.

DOWN THE ALE

P.S - The guy who does the Music before and at half time needs to be snapped up by Latics. No cheesy songs, or crappy sayings about stamping feet and clapping hands to the Bongo song. Just 15 minutes of Primal Scream, Stone Roses, etc.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

P.S - The guy who does the Music before and at half time needs to be snapped up by Latics. No cheesy songs, or crappy sayings about stamping feet and clapping hands to the Bongo song. Just 15 minutes of Primal Scream, Stone Roses, etc.

You would have thought that it would be the same at latics as the guy who sometimes does it can be seen raving downstairs in tokyos to that kinda music. i could always lend them my ipod for a game! haha

You would have thought that it would be the same at latics as the guy who sometimes does it can be seen raving downstairs in tokyos to that kinda music. i could always lend them my ipod for a game! haha

aye, with his top three buttons down trying to impress the ladies. :unsure:

Back onto dale. There's a chance Rotherham will be entering administration. Dale are 5 points behind the Millers with games in hand who occupy the last playoff place. Administration would mean a 10 point deduction. Think Rotherhams the only side near the top who dale still have to play - on bank holiday monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Daggers you absolute beauty. Scores a hattrick on his first game back from injury. He was only on the pitch 20 minutes. I thought he was out for the season after getting injured in late september. They've badly missed someone as clinical as him since Murray went. Him and Le Fondre should do well together if Daggers gets fit enough should dale make the playoffs.

Dale once again coming from 1 down to win 4-1 at home for the 2nd game running. Hopefully the Spotland curse has become a thing of the past. Dale badly needed at least a point today.

Best news is that Chesterfield got beat at Bradford. Whilst Wycombe, Stockport, Grimsby, Hereford and Morecambe all dropped points.

1 point off the playoffs with 3 games in hand.

Brentford away

Bradford home

Grimsby Home

Notts County Home

Dag & Red away

Barnet Home

Morecambe Home

Bury away

Shrewsbury Home

Some very winnable games.

aye, with his top three buttons down trying to impress the ladies. :unsure:

Back onto dale. There's a chance Rotherham will be entering administration. Dale are 5 points behind the Millers with games in hand who occupy the last playoff place. Administration would mean a 10 point deduction. Think Rotherhams the only side near the top who dale still have to play - on bank holiday monday.

Rotherham administration same as last season then they need a stable board. Its Chesterfield who are in the last play-off place just one point in front of dale. Nice to see a local derby next season with Stockport up there as well be good if Stockport go up in one of the automatic places and Rochdale go up through the play-offs. Maybe even a Rochdale Stockport play-off final.

Edited by spadam

Dagnall is good, but he's a bit injury prone.

The one player from Dale I would love at latics is David Perkins. Every game i've been he's impressed me more than any other. Centre midfielder, only young. Dead small but puts himself about. Runs everywhere. Isnt afraid to get stuck in and has a cracking pass and ability to put a foot on the ball. Shame he's about 2'2 and wears tights/legwarmers during games. :lol:

Cracking win for Dale today. Puts Brentford out of the equasion. Them and Chesterfield starting to pull away from the chasing pack. Hopefully tuesday night will see dale in the playoffs.

Can't believe Dale have gone and done what we couldn't last year - win at Brentford - mind you, Dale have got one of the best away records in that division.

Tricky game tomorrow against Bradford. Shame it's on a Saturday - could have been a half-decent crowd (if there ever is such a thing at Spotland) if it had of been played on a Saturday as originally scheduled.

Can't believe Dale have gone and done what we couldn't last year - win at Brentford - mind you, Dale have got one of the best away records in that division.

Tricky game tomorrow against Bradford. Shame it's on a Saturday - could have been a half-decent crowd (if there ever is such a thing at Spotland) if it had of been played on a Saturday as originally scheduled.

It is a shame attendance wise, but the general public will be pleased after the major disorder before the called off game!

It is a shame attendance wise, but the general public will be pleased after the major disorder before the called off game!

They'll be about 3,500 tonight. About 700 from across the pennines i'd guess. Would probably just be above 4,000 if it wasnt for the mancs on the box. Which isnt bad really as Dale never usually see those sort of crowds unless Bury or someone who's about to win the league comes with 2,000 fans (carlisle, hartlepool and plymouth in the last decade I can recall).

3 home games in a week and a chance to give themselves a bit of breathing space and put the pressure on Chesterfield. Not to optimistic seeing as Bradford beat Darlo away at the weekend and dont seem bad away.

Still. 2-1 dale. Le Fondre brace and Perkins to run the game. Beats watching the Mancs winning on the tele.

As for the major disorder. There wasnt even a punch thrown in anger. Shame really as that Rochdale Youth lot deserve a slap. Funniest thing about them is the blatant racism amongst them, despite one of them being not of white ethnicity. I wonder what he makes of it all. Tools.

U.T.D

Nice little one man crusade you've got going here, Rocky! We've got a massive week ahead of us which will make or break our season I think, be nice to see us in the play-offs come the end of the night.