So difficult to find a keeper these days....

All these excuses we hear from those saying it ain't that easy to get one in and how nobody's going to want to come and sit on the bench at this level.....oh well.....looks like there is.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...est/7312351.stm

Would've been absolutely perfect for us and he'd be here as number 1 with a view to us keeping him next season......seriously missed out IMO!

Edited by boundaryblue80

All these excuses we hear from those saying it ain't that easy to get one in and how nobody's going to want to come and sit on the bench at this level.....oh well.....looks like there is.....

Would've been absolutely perfect for us and he'd be here as number 1 with a few to us keeping him next season......seriously missed out IMO!

Got to be on fair wedge, of the kind forest have and we don't.

I'm talking about a player that we could've looked to the future with.....not just the quick fix we needed now. How can he be any different to a Livermore or Jarrett wagewise? Infact, I'd presume they're on far more....this guy could've been the answer to our GK problems for a couple of years if it worked out and as O'Donnell's on rolling week, to week loan deals (so I'm told) an option has arisen there for us. Oh well.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I'm talking about a player that we could've looked to the future with.....not just the quick fix we needed now. How can he be any different to a Livermore or Jarrett wagewise? Infact, I'd presume they're on far more....this guy could've been the answer to our GK problems for a couple of years if it worked out and as O'Donnell's on rolling week, to week loan deals (so I'm told) an option has arisen there for us. Oh well.

Difference wage wise is when their contracts end. Jarrett's and Livermore's are up this year, Dimi has years on his. He can therefore sit back and let it roll in, or negotiate a pretty good wage in the future (i.e. way out of our league) at Forest. Either way I wouldn't expect him to come here.

The other two's clubs must be willing to negotiate a bit lower (or in the case of Livermore I suspect we are paying a very small part of his wages as Hull looked to save anything they could).

Edited by OldhamSheridan

He's gone on loan, not released.

Is this the same keeperr who was at Hartlepool before Coventry? I've rated him.

Difference wage wise is when their contracts end. Jarrett's and Livermore's are up this year, Dimi has years on his. He can therefore sit back and let it roll in, or negotiate a pretty good wage in the future (i.e. way out of our league) at Forest. Either way I wouldn't expect him to come here.

The other two's clubs must be willing to negotiate a bit lower (or in the case of Livermore I suspect we are paying a very small part of his wages as Hull looked to save anything they could).

You'd hope or maybe expect that if Coventry are looking to get rid, they'll do what Leeds did with Gregan and help him on his way. Interestingly, Cov might even be in this division come the summer so he'd probably not get lifted back up into the Champs. To be fair, this is the first real prospect I've pointed out (I know many are pointing out missed opportunities daily...usually unrealistic ones on very high wages) but this is someone who could've been worth looking at for next season, as Shez has even said he's got one eye on next season now. Would've been a decent player to look over who left Hartlepool to Cov and won't be on major wages (don't forget, they've had to be tight with money over the last year or two with the Admin guys about) and just a missed opportunity I feel.

Edited by boundaryblue80

You'd hope or maybe expect that if Coventry are looking to get rid, they'll do what Leeds did with Gregan and help him on his way. Interestingly, Cov might even be in this division come the summer so he'd probably not get lifted back up into the Champs. To be fair, this is the first real prospect I've pointed out (I know many are pointing out missed opportunities daily...usually unrealistic ones on very high wages) but this is someone who could've been worth looking at for next season, as Shez has even said he's got one eye on next season now. Would've been a decent player to look over who left Hartlepool to Cov and won't be on major wages (don't forget, they've had to be tight with money over the last year or two with the Admin guys about) and just a missed opportunity I feel.

Agree with you mate about missed opportunity but there should be lots of players becoming available in the next couple of months, i just fear how many we will have to clear out before we bring anybody decent in.

Would've been absolutely perfect for us and he'd be here as number 1 with a view to us keeping him next season......seriously missed out IMO!

Quality keeper Ross, I have said that for years. We should have been in for him years ago. Is this another example of Shez lack of contacts.... I await another summer of drab signings and missed opportunities.... We could have had him, he is not my type of player blah blah blah blah.... :blink:

Quality keeper Ross, I have said that for years. We should have been in for him years ago. Is this another example of Shez lack of contacts.... I await another summer of drab signings and missed opportunities.... We could have had him, he is not my type of player blah blah blah blah.... :blink:

its a shame,as he is highly rated.

the only other one i have heard anything about is carlo nash,supposed to be available in the summer.......this is im presuming the time shez will do his buisness,just hope we dont miss out on some real quality players with hanging around,.....now would be a good time to start finding out who may be available in the summer,and set some sort of wheels in motion,even if its only a phone call to see how the land lies.

its a shame,as he is highly rated.

the only other one i have heard anything about is carlo nash,supposed to be available in the summer.......this is im presuming the time shez will do his buisness,just hope we dont miss out on some real quality players with hanging around,.....now would be a good time to start finding out who may be available in the summer,and set some sort of wheels in motion,even if its only a phone call to see how the land lies.

I bet nobody at the club has thought of doing that.

I think you only really wanted us to sign him because he has an unpronouncable name. Obviously we need a keeper with an unpronouncable name now Les Pogliathingymabobi has retired so I agree, for this reason only, we should have broke the bank to land this guy.

It would make it more difficult for our fans to get on players backs! Sign up a whole team with unpronouncable names! :grin:

utterly agree with those who have said the greek guy is utterly out of our league... its an old arguement but you just ahve to accept Leeds & Forest will pay stupid money, to sign frequently over-rated players... at the en of the day it isnt standing them in too much stead better than us...

To change tact slightly - I have been thoroughly impressed with O'Donnell... most will only see the mistake against Millwall, and his slip against donny, however I have been very impressed by his maturity foir such a young kid... he looks strong, dominating, and talks well - plus he has pulled off a couple of great saves - both at luton, and from the sounds of things at Donny....

... his positioning needs work... but like any player you get that fom experience... pretty confident that is you game this lad a shot in the team (with say an experienced number 2 and GK coach - hmmmm ) he would turn into a very solid goalkeeper - especially at this level....