Taylor's goal

I sit in the infamous last block of the Lookers near the RRE and thought this had hit the advertising boards and bounced back on to the pitch. It took until the ref gave the goal for any of us to register that we had scored, I watched the highlights on Virgin today and still wasn't sure what had happened.

I sit in the infamous last block of the Lookers near the RRE and thought this had hit the advertising boards and bounced back on to the pitch. It took until the ref gave the goal for any of us to register that we had scored, I watched the highlights on Virgin today and still wasn't sure what had happened.

i sit near there too and thought exactly the same, i wondered why everyone was celebrating!

I could kiss you!!

My dad and I was sat in the Chaddy End and he said he wasnt sure.....

Yes point proven!!!

Cheers.

Lol....think your dad might need a trip to Specsavers :wink: From in the Chaddy it was nailed on over the line.....I just had a milli-second of horror that the officials were going to bottle it and not give it before they actually did.......awesome finish from Taylor....never broke his stride and hit it as crisp as you'll see!

awesome finish from Taylor....never broke his stride and hit it as crisp as you'll see!

I agree, it was hit superbly but it was all about Smalley's cross for me. An attacking player is expected to hit the target with a cross like that, which took out the goalie and the defence and to Taylor's credit he did.

I agree, it was hit superbly but it was all about Smalley's cross for me. An attacking player is expected to hit the target with a cross like that, which took out the goalie and the defence and to Taylor's credit he did.

It's funny you say that....when Smalley banged the cross in I thought, jesus, you've overcooked that lad (thinking he'd gone for Leon...who I think it was....coming through the middle). After Taylor scored, I summised that it was just luck that Taylor had followed it up and knocked in the heavy cross but looking back at the goal on the highlights, he possibly does spot Taylor far post and aim for him. If that's the case, it's an outstanding ball! That's the fine line between a fluke and a piece of genius! :wink: