Chris O'Grady

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines/Ro...kout.3932869.jp

could be an april fools but like with the livermore one i doubt it as Rotherham fans would not find it that funny

Hmmmm, we're being linked with alot of players at the moment, and the season's not even over yet.....haven't heard much of this lad like, anyone seen him play??

Hmmmm, we're being linked with alot of players at the moment, and the season's not even over yet.....haven't heard much of this lad like, anyone seen him play??

Its syptomatic of actually having no players - you get linked to everyone.... and having 6 trialists in the reserves tends to put out the signs that we are looking for players!

Profile... linky

No idea about this lad - 21, 6'1", 15 goals this season... doesnt look too bad on paper... would be a good 3rd/4th striker by the looks of things.... and i assume he is a free agent (after 14 dys notice) .. so the fact he could be playing by the northampton game is very handy!

Edited by BigfinLatic

11 in league two eh?? Hmmm, haven't we got Wolfy that could do that!!!!

Well, if rotherham want to sign him - they can have him!!! sure he could score about 10 goals in league 2!!!

.. says 15 on soccerbase by the way! (plus - wolfy aint 6'1".... be surprised if he is 1'6" :wink: )

Well, if rotherham want to sign him - they can have him!!! sure he could score about 10 goals in league 2!!!

.. says 15 on soccerbase by the way! (plus - wolfy aint 6'1".... be surprised if he is 1'6" :wink: )

Wolfy would score for fun in the League below. I've always thought he has looked like he has some goals in him when coming on for us and has been unlucky not to be given a proper run to get match sharpness. I don't see the point in bringing in a player who probably isn't as good as what we are likely to be releasing. His height may be worth having though as long as he is a proper target man who can hold the ball up.

Wolfy would score for fun in the League below. I've always thought he has looked like he has some goals in him when coming on for us and has been unlucky not to be given a proper run to get match sharpness. I don't see the point in bringing in a player who probably isn't as good as what we are likely to be releasing. His height may be worth having though as long as he is a proper target man who can hold the ball up.

Lets not start this pointless debate again... you answer your own point - he may score goals in the tinpot league two, so lets sodding well send him there! he hasnt made the grade in 4 years, why bother any more - especially with Hughes and Ales on the books who are both more adept goalscorers... you then answer your own point again - we need height, not a weak midget, hence why we are looking at this kid.... wolfy is bobins.. he aint going to make it... and I'd hazard a guess this guy is younger than him, and already scored more in 1 season than wolfy's entire career...

Its my most annoying thing out of all the rubbish that sometimes appears on this board... this obsession that our untried reserves are somehow better than players who have already proved it elsewhere.... this kid looks a good investment to me, free transfer, avaialable now, fit and scored goals this season.... I'll take that...

"Then we have this happen, and I have not had the common courtesy of a call to tell me or any contact from any club that he may be contemplating joining"

Wouldn't this class as admitting tapping up an under contract player and therefore break league rules?

Doubt it, it’s one of the priorities for clubs in trouble to keep within a certain time period of paying the wages or else the player is allowed to talk, I guess that’s happened here.

Guest oa_exile

The most pleasing part of the article is that it has upset Mark Robins , a bit of justice there me thinks especially IF he signs for us to rub extra salt into the wound :)

Some members on here will remember Mark Robins :angry:

Doubt it, it’s one of the priorities for clubs in trouble to keep within a certain time period of paying the wages or else the player is allowed to talk, I guess that’s happened here.

Yep. Rovrum have failed to pay wages and are seeking a further deferral and so are technically in breach of contract allowing the players to talk with whomever they want.

Presumably O'Grady's Agent is already sniffing an unexpected percentage. I would imagine that Oldham are merely stooges in this and he is hoping the Story will attract other prospective suitors.

Don't you just love the modern game?

Similar stats, height, age etc of a certain Chris Porter when we got him from Bury. If he does come in I hope he puts the ball in the net as often as Chris did but decides the championship would be a better place to go if clubs come looking!

Similar stats, height, age etc of a certain Chris Porter when we got him from Bury. If he does come in I hope he puts the ball in the net as often as Chris did but decides the championship would be a better place to go if clubs come looking!

I'm sure he has a backside, a couple of Shins, and two knee's.... thats pretty much all porter used to score his goals... :wink: .. all we need is someone to give him as good service as Porter recieved...

... you never know, he might even have 2 legs that are the same lenght... then we will be onto a real winner!

FIN

Lets not start this pointless debate again... you answer your own point - he may score goals in the tinpot league two, so lets sodding well send him there! he hasnt made the grade in 4 years, why bother any more - especially with Hughes and Ales on the books who are both more adept goalscorers... you then answer your own point again - we need height, not a weak midget, hence why we are looking at this kid.... wolfy is bobins.. he aint going to make it... and I'd hazard a guess this guy is younger than him, and already scored more in 1 season than wolfy's entire career...

Its my most annoying thing out of all the rubbish that sometimes appears on this board... this obsession that our untried reserves are somehow better than players who have already proved it elsewhere.... this kid looks a good investment to me, free transfer, avaialable now, fit and scored goals this season.... I'll take that...

Maybe the point that we need height does suggest it would be worthwhile to get this lad in, but I would think he would cost more in wages than wolfy and whilst he hasn't been given a proper chance is it fair to just get rid when he has looked very capable with the time he has had on the pitch? This guy has scored in League 2 the place you agree Wolfy will score so how have you come to the conclusion this guy will be able to do it in league one? Neither wolfy or this other guy are proven at this level so either way it's a gamble to give either a contract for next season here. Wolfy needs sending on loan to League 2 to prove himself then we may get some interest from clubs in our division or god forbid actually play him ourselves.

Maybe the point that we need height does suggest it would be worthwhile to get this lad in, but I would think he would cost more in wages than wolfy and whilst he hasn't been given a proper chance is it fair to just get rid when he has looked very capable with the time he has had on the pitch? This guy has scored in League 2 the place you agree Wolfy will score so how have you come to the conclusion this guy will be able to do it in league one? Neither wolfy or this other guy are proven at this level so either way it's a gamble to give either a contract for next season here. Wolfy needs sending on loan to League 2 to prove himself then we may get some interest from clubs in our division or god forbid actually play him ourselves.

I can put my hand on my heart and say i have never, ever, seen wolfy look anything like being cappable of playing at this level... people can witter on about the odd goal as much as they like, but if it is put on a plate he scores, as I'm sure most reasonable footballers would... however he offers absolutely nothing else in his all round game, unfortunately mostly due to his utter lack of any physical presence, or lask of will to 'get stuck in'.

I agree with you that wolfy needs sending out or releasing... at the moment if we had all our players fit (not including loanees) he is 5th choice... behind younger players in Smalley and Ales... For me he is already gone.. and it would be more benificial if we should be having this conversation as to whether O'Grady should be ahead of Smalley and Ales in the pecking order..... because to be honest, wolfy is even now a clear distance behind those two...

essentially when we get another striker in (which we will) wolfy will be 6th Choice... the writing is on the wall... he aint going to play for us next year.

In all honesty though I think this guy would be behind Smalley and Ales in the pecking order if he came in. Smalley looks very good in the air and willing to hold it up so I don't think we have any desperate need to bring someone in to do that unless they are gonna be of real quality. Ales looks like he is going to be a great player for us so I very much doubt this guy would be ahead of him either. If he is cheap, maybe worth a punt if it is cheap but I think we need another experienced striker not another inexperienced youngster. Let's not forget Craig Davies is still learning as well. Wolfy will be released which is a shame, he linked very well with Ricketts away at Cheltenham and came off the bench and made a real difference against Millwall, I still think he has a future at this level, we just missed the boat this season to send him out and get him some first team experience elsewhere.

In all honesty though I think this guy would be behind Smalley and Ales in the pecking order if he came in. Smalley looks very good in the air and willing to hold it up so I don't think we have any desperate need to bring someone in to do that unless they are gonna be of real quality. Ales looks like he is going to be a great player for us so I very much doubt this guy would be ahead of him either. If he is cheap, maybe worth a punt if it is cheap but I think we need another experienced striker not another inexperienced youngster. Let's not forget Craig Davies is still learning as well. Wolfy will be released which is a shame, he linked very well with Ricketts away at Cheltenham and came off the bench and made a real difference against Millwall, I still think he has a future at this level, we just missed the boat this season to send him out and get him some first team experience elsewhere.

Totally agree Leyland... and I also agree on the fact that although this O'Grady may be a decent prospect, I wouldnt like Smalley or Ales' chances to be reduced because of him. I'd rather see a Clarke or Constantine brought in.. and Ales and Smalley being used sparingly as the 4th striker (or RW for smalley).

Have to say, Wolfy may have also been a victim of the paper this squad last year, and the injury crisis this year... shez couldnt afford to send him out, even if he was only going to sit on the bench... shame, as if we would have had Hughes and davies fit i'm sure wolfy would have had a few months somewhere else...

I just dont think he has a future though... he had so much potential a few years back, but for whetever reason it hasnt happened... He is behind Davies, Smalley and Ales, who are all the same age if not radically younger... unlucky son...