Leon Update.. (LOAN ENDED - RETURNS TO LEEDS)

The result of tomorrow’s game will have a bearing on whether Athletic try to extend Leon Constantine’s loan spell from Leeds United which ends this weekend.

Sheridan said: “I would like to keep Leon and he has improved with each game, having been out for most of the season. A lot depends on finance as Leon is on decent money at Leeds and more than we can really afford. But if we win at Swindon, I would definitely like to him to stay.”

... soooo.. reading between the lines - Leeds coulnt give a sod if he is with them or not.... so he is available... but we wont pay for him unless we win tomorrow.... sounds fair enough...

... So we win, and are still in with a small shout of the playoffs - he stays

....So we lose, out of the playoffs - and Ales get a run out for the rest of the season...

Sounds fair enough to me... better get your shooting boots on tomorrow leon!

Also means that Leon will be playing for a place in the team and perhaps a contract at BP in the summer. An extra incentive for the guy to bag, it's not like he can turn up, stroll around and head back to Leeds.

Also means that Leon will be playing for a place in the team and perhaps a contract at BP in the summer. An extra incentive for the guy to bag, it's not like he can turn up, stroll around and head back to Leeds.

I'm pretty happy with that all told.

Leon know's the score, he's playing for a potential transfer tomorrow, play well / score etc and we win, he's with us for a bit longer.......the opposite and he's off over the hills to sit in their stiffs.

If that happens, i'm more than happy for Lewis to see out the rest of the season up top (fitness / injury allowing).

All interesting stuff, a fair few are playing for deals i would think from now until the end of the season......all the more strange that Livermore went back to Hull (thought he'd be playing for a deal, not sitting on his bum and 'avoiding' injury!!!)

I'm pretty happy with that all told.

Leon know's the score, he's playing for a potential transfer tomorrow, play well / score etc and we win, he's with us for a bit longer.......the opposite and he's off over the hills to sit in their stiffs.

If that happens, i'm more than happy for Lewis to see out the rest of the season up top (fitness / injury allowing).

All interesting stuff, a fair few are playing for deals i would think from now until the end of the season......all the more strange that Livermore went back to Hull (thought he'd be playing for a deal, not sitting on his bum and 'avoiding' injury!!!)

A potential problem though is that when he left Port Vale at the end of his contract, he was one of the top scorers in league One. He was in demand from Championship Clubs but eventually went to a debt-free Leeds who were able to pay him a fortune particularly as they were getting a valuable player without paying a fee.

Unless Leeds paid up that contract (as they did with Gregan), then I'm certain we could not afford to effectively take over his deal. Let's face it, he's hardly likely to leave a lucrative contract at Leeds to take a pay-cut at Oldham. If Leeds make him available for transfer, then I'd think he would end up at a Championship Club or somewhere such as Donny; Forest etc who could meet his contract terms.

I mock your theory! Why would ANYONE join Donny rather than us. It's not as if there is history!!!!!! :blush: Donny are just a small club in Yarkshire :angry:

With a very big telephone bill, and that bugging device must cost a fortune........

The result of tomorrow’s game will have a bearing on whether Athletic try to extend Leon Constantine’s loan spell from Leeds United which ends this weekend.

Sheridan said: “I would like to keep Leon and he has improved with each game, having been out for most of the season. A lot depends on finance as Leon is on decent money at Leeds and more than we can really afford. But if we win at Swindon, I would definitely like to him to stay.”

So that is the end of that then?

So that is the end of that then?

if he is available at a good price,then i would be ok with it if we went for him.his is another option to hughes and davies,and proven at this level.

dependant on gary mcallister in the summer i think,he isnt his player,and as such may be surplus to requirements,im sure there will be clauses in his contract.

shame he was so unfit when we got him,but then again if he was fully fit we probably wouldnt.

i expect the club will anounce tomorrow he is heading back to yorkshire

Aye, save the money, look towards next season.

Thanks Leon, a lot of weight was put on his shoulders, just returning from injury, only having played once this season before so. Then being asked to fire a struggling team into the playoffs.

Strikers for sat?!

Smalley, Wolfy, Liddell, Alessandra back?

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

"Leeds will probably keep him or sell to someone who can afford to pay." - Masked Owl

Well yes.....

Or sell him to someone who can't and pay some of his wages like they did with Fowler, Mills, Gregan etc. It's not always as straightforward as it seems.

We still won't get him though.