I wish people would stop saying...

I’m not really saying that I think we will have a great season and I’ll have been proved right if we do, any more than I think your point would be proven if we turn out to have a bad one instead. Rather, I’m saying that there are far too many imponderables, and it makes no sense to assume that there is something set in stone on the basis of what you perceive as a lack of ambition – as demonstrated by a play-off season one year followed by a season that was close to playoffs, albeit falling short when it mattered. I wouldn’t be surprised to see slow season ticket sales, I also am confident we will get a couple of good signings in the Summer that will give us the usual restoration of faith that just maybe we can achieve something this time.

When have we seriously threatened to get in the play-offs this season?

As for the rest, I suppose it's all a matter of faith, as the motto goes. Mine ran out over the course of the last dozen disastrous years.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that we did last season, only for the fixture pile up did exactly what it has done this season - tireda small squad completely out.

Blackpool's squad was hardly the biggest, to be fair. They ended up finishing 3rd, and winning promotion, and they spent 30 games down in the lower half.

What another club does has no bearing whatsoever on what OAFC does.

You describe the club's dilemma, though-unless the legendary 'plan' works out as some claim it's designed to do, we wil always have a small squad, and eventually the club will go down rather than up.

You describe the club's dilemma, though-unless the legendary 'plan' works out as some claim it's designed to do, we wil always have a small squad, and eventually the club will go down rather than up.

I find that very hard to believe with the current backing and foundations that the club has. Im glad the majority fans do not think like you. I firmly believe we will go up before we go down.

I think we'll stay in this division until time itself ends. :devilish:

i think we will go up first before going down.

i think if we dont get it next season we will definately the season after,and i see nothing to suggest we couldnt hold our own in the championship.

blackpool have hardly been ripping up trees this season,there sole aim is to stay in the championship,more than likely for a couple of years before going for the big prize.

i dont see why we cant try to emulate that example

Why have a message board if you don't want people to say what they think?

Why does what other people happen to think upset some people so much?

That’s the difference between a single drop from a tap and Chinese Water Torture I suppose.

Why do you bother supporting Oldham Athletic? Your mentality baffles me.

Why do people get sick of nuisance telephone calls? Spam emails; endless junkmail through the letterbox; door-to-door Salesmen etc etc?

They are all irritating but difficult to avoid.

You play the same broken record day in and day out Corp. You are probably a lovely bloke but most seem to find your constant "glass totally empty" phrophecies of doom and gloom a little tiresome especially as you are never prepared to listen to other points of view.

It's been said before that you are behaving like an internet troll and that's something else that can be added to the first list of things that people don't like but struggle to avoid. Does that make sense?

As has been said before, opinions are like arseholes and everyone's got them. Perhaps though we've seen yours a little too often?

I'd reply to that but I don't have a clue what you're saying.

What legendary plan? If you look, we've had a small squad for 2 year under Shez, and last season we finished 6th, and this year we've been mentioned along with the other PO hunters. Now excuse me ignorance, but isn't that more near the top then the dreaded trapdoor?

We lost players last year, replaced them with players - not necessarily those of better quality. We have a bigger squad than last year when they're all out on the training field. How? We introduced players from the youth. I think we have more promise than last year.

Then again, we could get together a bunch of pessimists, get them down to BP, shout "Shez out!" and whatever you can think of, go along the rows on a Saturday afternoon spreading the 'bad word', and just then sit in a pub looking a glum as I imagine you do when you're typing. Or, we could at least say something positive, spread some form of optimism, and at least believe we'll go up next year... or the year after that... or the year after that...

I'm in that basket who say we'll be celebrating promotion next year.

Why do people get sick of nuisance telephone calls? Spam emails; endless junkmail through the letterbox; door-to-door Salesmen etc etc?

You play the same broken record day in and day out Corp. You are probably a lovely bloke but most seem to find your constant "glass totally empty" phrophecies of doom and gloom a little tiresome especially as you are never prepared to listen to other points of view.

It's been said before that you are behaving like an internet troll and that's something else that can be added to the first list of things that people don't like but struggle to avoid. Does that make sense?

As has been said before, opinions are like arseholes and everyone's got them. Perhaps though we've seen yours a little too often?

Yes, yes-but as I said, why does it bother some of you so much when opinions like mine are swamped by a ratio of at least ten to one by opinions ranging from the cautiously to the insanely optimistic?

There would be little point me joining in with them when developments in football leave me profoundly pessimistic about the future of clubs like this one.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Yes, yes-but as I said, why does it bother some of you so much when opinions like mine are swamped by a ratio of at least ten to one by opinions ranging from the cautiously to the insanely optimistic?

There would be little point me joining in with them when developments in football leave me profoundly pessimistic about the future of clubs like this one.

As you missed it the first time......

I'd reply to that but I don't have a clue what you're saying.

What legendary plan? If you look, we've had a small squad for 2 year under Shez, and last season we finished 6th, and this year we've been mentioned along with the other PO hunters. Now excuse me ignorance, but isn't that more near the top then the dreaded trapdoor?

We lost players last year, replaced them with players - not necessarily those of better quality. We have a bigger squad than last year when they're all out on the training field. How? We introduced players from the youth. I think we have more promise than last year.

Then again, we could get together a bunch of pessimists, get them down to BP, shout "Shez out!" and whatever you can think of, go along the rows on a Saturday afternoon spreading the 'bad word', and just then sit in a pub looking a glum as I imagine you do when you're typing. Or, we could at least say something positive, spread some form of optimism, and at least believe we'll go up next year... or the year after that... or the year after that...

I'm in that basket who say we'll be celebrating promotion next year.

It's easy-just because Blackpool, or whoever, did this or that, it doesn't for one second mean that another club will do so.

Nobody except people on here have mentioned us as serious contenders for the play-offs this season. That's because we haven't been. Last season we might have made the play-offs, but that was after topping the league and after a run-in that made a travesty of claims to being able to play at a higher level. A chance to go up automatically doesn't come round often; it will, as things look, be a long time before it happens again to us, not least because the falling attendances will not allow for the financing of the necessary quality on the pitch. From sixth to tenth, or wherever we're destined to finish does not look like progress to me; it looks like the opposite.

As for losing players, it's been said before, but if you let your better players go, you shouldn't expect success on the pitch. We can have all the arguments we like about the financing of such players and whether or not they were replaced adequately, but it alters nothing, as this season has proved not only that we have missed the likes of Wellens, but that a summer of disruption doesn't make for an all-important decent start nor season-long consistency.

I didn't miss it, Mr Kim Il Sung.

Don't like it-don't read it. Move along there.

Guest oa_exile

Spot the mistake :wink:

lol :laught16:

I didn't miss it, Mr Kim Il Sung.

Don't like it-don't read it. Move along there.

Ho ho ho. Nice one. Although sadly irrelevant. Still, we never let fact get in the way do we Corp?

Like I've said numerous times, nobody will stop you posting your opinions.

You asked a question though about why people got annoyed by your opinions and so I gave you an honest and quite constructive reply.

Your response clearly shows you weren't particularly interested in other opinion which proves a point yet again.

So long Corporal Spam. I have no more fish for the troll today.

Ho ho ho. Nice one. Although sadly irrelevant. Still, we never let fact get in the way do we Corp?

Like I've said numerous times, nobody will stop you posting your opinions.

You asked a question though about why people got annoyed by your opinions and so I gave you an honest and quite constructive reply.

Your response clearly shows you weren't particularly interested in other opinion which proves a point yet again.

So long Corporal Spam. I have no more fish for the troll today.

You require complete agreement with your viewpoint before you accept a reply as legitimate?

Fair enough. Some people are like that, although I'm not.