oldham top in peruvian bar

was in a bar called the Cross Keys (a real cultural experience :unsure: ) in Cusco, Peru yesterday where there´s a 89-90 latics top on the wall with the name "Roy the Boy" written on it.

is it anyone off here or does anyone know him?

Through a combination of not reading the subject properly and some rather lazy and ignorant mental grouping together of people from the same continent, I thought this was going to be about Yantorno going out on the lash up Yorkshire Street :dunce:

Guest oa_exile
Slight aside but my No.5 Le Coq Sportif Latics Shirt (match worn by Kenny Clements) is on the wall in The Royal Oak in Playa De Las Americas, Tenerife. There also used to be a Yard Dog dangling from the ceiling.

I was exceedingly drunk when I gave the shirt away.

Look on the up side , it would not fit you now , look on the downside , it would fetch a bob or two ont t'ebay now :)

Slight aside but my No.5 Le Coq Sportif Latics Shirt (match worn by Kenny Clements) is on the wall in The Royal Oak in Playa De Las Americas, Tenerife. There also used to be a Yard Dog dangling from the ceiling.

I was exceedingly drunk when I gave the shirt away.

You should have said before, I was in that neck of the woods a few weeks ago, could have popped in to see if it was still their. Or retrieved it for you.

was in a bar called the Cross Keys (a real cultural experience :unsure: ) in Cusco, Peru yesterday where there´s a 89-90 latics top on the wall with the name "Roy the Boy" written on it.

is it anyone off here or does anyone know him?

I know him, if it's the same person. And he is known as "Roy The Boy" too. I wasn't aware he'd been to Peru though. He lives in London now and does go to games, seen him about 3 or 4 times this season.

Edit: He's confirmed to me via text it was his shirt in the aforementioned bar. He did it during his tour of the Inca Trail in 1991 and it's made his day knowing that his shirt is still up in the bar. Brilliant stuff.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I know him, if it's the same person. And he is known as "Roy The Boy" too. I wasn't aware he'd been to Peru though. He lives in London now and does go to games, seen him about 3 or 4 times this season.

Edit: He's confirmed to me via text it was his shirt in the aforementioned bar. He did it during his tour of the Inca Trail in 1991 and it's made his day knowing that his shirt is still up in the bar. Brilliant stuff.

:grin:

send him my regards.

just finished the inca trail yesterday. could hardly walk at the end!

guinea pig for tea tonight :unsure: