How much should season tickets be?

Latics and England

Season Ticket Prices 08/09  

137 members have voted

1. 1. How much should Latics charge for next season?

• Under £150
    • £150-200
    • £201-£250
    • £251-£300
    • £301-£350
    • £351+

I read somewhere that a season ticket at barca is cheaper than one at wigan lol

£250 seems about right

One set of Supporters speak in a strange foreign dialect whilst the others speak Catalan!

There's been that many threads on this, I thought we should have a poll.

I have come up with what appear to be the most popular suggestions.

Remember: This is how much you think Latics should charge rather than how much you would like to pay.

You've done a poll? Bizarre!

shouldnt be anymore than what we paid last season and too entice some dissapointed fans it could do with being a bit less

But the problem is, it would have to be a significant drop. £20 here or there and it really won't matter a jot. It'd need to be £50 at least to prick (for want of a word) up the ears of one who is deciding to walk away. And then if you do that, you have to accept less will be spent on what goes on the pitch, meaning probably a poorer standard than where we are now and you get the idea......downward spiral again.

I voted £250-300. I don't think this level should ever go over £300 but I know also that we have to put our hands in deep and help out towards the budget as much as possible. It's our club, not TTA's.....yeah, they own the bricks and mortar but they'll come and go one day and we'll still be there.

The one thing I would like us to do maybe is drop the (highest) matchday prices to £14-15. I do think £20 is too much.....BUT and it is a big BUT.....ask yourself this question.....when asked how much it is to get in the Latics, what is the first answer you give?

I asked this question in the pub once and got the same reply every time.....£20. As Latics fans ourselves, we're not actually helping the club one bit when we do that....as, correct me if I'm wrong, this season the cheapest ticket (bought non-matchday, fair enough, but that's the not point) is £14. When other companies sell products with varying prices, they always say "From...." to increase it's attraction....so why have us fans got in this habit of quoting *£20 to someone who may actually have considered popping down? I for one am making a conscience effort to say £14 in future......and if it gets 1 more through the gate, it'll have helped.

* Those who quote £20 may be relative to where they sit. Being a Chaddyender, it's been just normal to say £20 but fans in other stands might not do this. They'll possibly still quote the higher end price (matchday, compared to non-matchday prices of £2 less).

But the problem is, it would have to be a significant drop. £20 here or there and it really won't matter a jot. It'd need to be £50 at least to prick (for want of a word) up the ears of one who is deciding to walk away. And then if you do that, you have to accept less will be spent on what goes on the pitch, meaning probably a poorer standard than where we are now and you get the idea......downward spiral again.

I voted £250-300. I don't think this level should ever go over £300 but I know also that we have to put our hands in deep and help out towards the budget as much as possible. It's our club, not TTA's.....yeah, they own the bricks and mortar but they'll come and go one day and we'll still be there.

The one thing I would like us to do maybe is drop the (highest) matchday prices to £14-15. I do think £20 is too much.....BUT and it is a big BUT.....ask yourself this question.....when asked how much it is to get in the Latics, what is the first answer you give?

I asked this question in the pub once and got the same reply every time.....£20. As Latics fans ourselves, we're not actually helping the club one bit when we do that....as, correct me if I'm wrong, this season the cheapest ticket (bought non-matchday, fair enough, but that's the not point) is £14. When other companies sell products with varying prices, they always say "From...." to increase it's attraction....so why have us fans got in this habit of quoting *£20 to someone who may actually have considered popping down? I for one am making a conscience effort to say £14 in future......and if it gets 1 more through the gate, it'll have helped.

* Those who quote £20 may be relative to where they sit. Being a Chaddyender, it's been just normal to say £20 but fans in other stands might not do this. They'll possibly still quote the higher end price (matchday, compared to non-matchday prices of £2 less).

I agree with you in principle about matchday prices but the problem is that if you charge £300 for a season ticket (£13 a match) and £14 or £15 on a matchday, very few people will bother buying season tickets and the fact is that we need as much of the money up front as possible to allow us to compete in the transfer market over the Summer.

One idea which would be hugely unpopular amongst the fans but could possibly help us add a few on the gate would be to offer reduced admission prices if you present a season ticket for another club.

I know people would have a problem with letting City and United fans in cheaper than our own fans but at least if they could get in for a tenner they might come a few times a year. I know that if Dale would let me in for a tenner, I would go there from time to time when we haven't got a game.

I agree with you in principle about matchday prices but the problem is that if you charge £300 for a season ticket (£13 a match) and £14 or £15 on a matchday, very few people will bother buying season tickets and the fact is that we need as much of the money up front as possible to allow us to compete in the transfer market over the Summer.

One idea which would be hugely unpopular amongst the fans but could possibly help us add a few on the gate would be to offer reduced admission prices if you present a season ticket for another club.

I know people would have a problem with letting City and United fans in cheaper than our own fans but at least if they could get in for a tenner they might come a few times a year. I know that if Dale would let me in for a tenner, I would go there from time to time when we haven't got a game.

Then you would get some oldham fans borrowing their mates Rochdale season ticket to get i for a tenner!

Then you would get some oldham fans borrowing their mates Rochdale season ticket to get i for a tenner!

I know the Bradford initiative has worked out well number wise for them but I am not sure how many more would turn up at BP if we did really low admission prices. I do believe shouldnt be over £300 - would love lower prices more fans but sure tis a gamble for TTA!

The only way that could work IMO would be to scrap season tickets altogether. I guess you could charge something like £16 on the gate and offer a redemption when you had bought a certain amount of tickets to give an incentive and give a similar discount to what ST holders get at present. Those card type thingies could be used. It would be a huge gamble for the club though and would irritate a lot of people who just like the fact that they have bought the book.

My house mate his a Colchester fan. This years season ticket was around £360, they have now got relegated and move to a new stadium of 10k capacity.

The average price of a ST .... £598!!! £26 per game and an increase of around 65%. There is also no parking anywhere near the stadium, however you can pay a parking permit for the season for around £300.

Leeds was expensive enough for away fans this year ........... think this may be beaten next year.

However, due to the out cry of the Colchester fans .... rumours are that the club may reconsider the costs especially as they are now dropping a division.

There's been that many threads on this, I thought we should have a poll.

I have come up with what appear to be the most popular suggestions.

Remember: This is how much you think Latics should charge rather than how much you would like to pay.

Season tickets SHOULD be £240 with early discount - £10 per home league game.

Sadly cos the Oldham public are a bunch of premier:censored: glory chasing scheisters, they'll have to be around the £300-330 mark (with discounts). Still that works out at £13.75 per game which I don't think is too bad.

What we do need to do is somehow entice the pay-on-the-dayers with a more attractive pricing structure than £20 on the day (I know you can get in for £18 in advance but how many floater would be bothered making a trip to the ground to collect tickets beforehand?).

Edited by danoafc

we play 23 home games we dont play ourselves lol 250-300 for me, still less than £15 per home game, I hope i get a job before the discount starts so I can get my season ticket!

Yeah, good point. :blush:

So £230 then.

Still, at £330 it's still less than £14.50 for a league game.

I should've been a bit clearer....when I said I voted for £250-£300 I was meaning I feel ST's should be £250 however, the most that should be asked for is £300. So when I was talking about £14-15 on the gate, I was meaning with ST's at £250.

As for LL's comment about fans not coming down to the club to buy tickets beforehand, I agree. But if they came down thinking it was the cheaper price, they'd most likely pay the extra once they're there. And as they do, the staff should be telling them they can phone up and have the tickets posted infuture to get the discount. Everyones a winner :grin:

One other thing people forget when factoring how much per game, or the value of an ST is that you get all reserve games free (although, not sure how that'll work next season now they're leaving the reserve league) and also, you get first dibs on cup tickets and big games (like Rochdale away :wink:)....not massive incentives, but still, incentives that are also worth pointing out.

My house mate his a Colchester fan. This years season ticket was around £360, they have now got relegated and move to a new stadium of 10k capacity.

The average price of a ST .... £598!!! £26 per game and an increase of around 65%. There is also no parking anywhere near the stadium, however you can pay a parking permit for the season for around £300.

Leeds was expensive enough for away fans this year ........... think this may be beaten next year.

However, due to the out cry of the Colchester fans .... rumours are that the club may reconsider the costs especially as they are now dropping a division.

I was having one of those dejavu moments then.......Until i remembered you told us that in the boozer on saturday :)

As for the price,we pay how much TTA want us to pay.If you want one you get one

Edited by SAV

I havent thought this through yet, it has just popped into my head so feel free to add pros and cons, support it, rubbish it....

How about cheap season tickets and expensive match day admission?

£200 season tickets and £35 pay on the day. Another cheap half season ticket could come out around xmas.

What would happen?

Maybe we would sell more tickets.....for example those who only make half the games or so would still make a saving to but then maybe turn up at more games improving attendances. We would probably lose the handful who make 2/3 big games a season...:censored: to them. Also.....................we could rip off away fans........couldnt we??? :)

Edited by Stitch_KTF

I havent thought this through yet, it has just popped into my head so feel free to add pros and cons, support it, rubbish it....

How about cheap season tickets and expensive match day admission?

£200 season tickets and £35 pay on the day. Another cheap half season ticket could come out around xmas.

What would happen?

Maybe we would sell more tickets.....for example those who only make half the games or so would still make a saving to but then maybe turn up at more games improving attendances. We would probably lose the handful who make 2/3 big games a season...:censored: to them. Also.....................we could rip off away fans........couldnt we??? :)

:D