Possible Signings?

Adam Le Fondre - Plays for Rochdale, age only 21 and doesn't look to bad, scoring well for the teams he has played for.

Rickie Lambert - Keeps scoring for Bristol Rovers at the moment and scored again tonight, age 26 with an alright scoring record.

Both strikers who look like they could make an impact at Latics. Wouldn't cost an awful lot as 1 is in the same league and 1 is in a league below ours. We don't always need to look for players in a higher league on higher wages, just 1 question. Could they both pull it off at Latics.

I think we should take a gamble on Le Fondre

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They way things are going Rochdale will be in our league next season

they would want 200 grand at least for le fondre, looking at previous strikers they have sold. not within our budget i would imagine. only heard good things about him tho.

personally i would forget about signing actual players from rockydale, but i wouldnt mind signing their attackin coach, what with some of the forward players that have come out of spotland in recent years.

Adam Le Fondre - Plays for Rochdale, age only 21 and doesn't look to bad, scoring well for the teams he has played for.

I think we should take a gamble on Le Fondre

Not sure myself. Saw him tonight and whilst he knows where the net is, he's very small and unproven at this level.

I was very impressed with their left winger, Rundle tonight who's a bag of tricks, good with both feet and never stops running. Also their centre midfield playmaker, Perkins who was the heartbeat of the team, battles hard (for a small lad) and sprays the ball around nicely. Both I'd imagine would be gettable and certainly worth a look at.

Perkins is a good little player they signed from Morecombe in the Summer, I was at the game last week when Dagnall scored a Hatrick in 9 mins after coming on for the last 20 mins AFTER having 8 months OUT with a knee injury :shock:

Adam Le Fondre I think Dale got from Stockport on the cheap - Someone at Dale can pick them as he will go for £200k just like Holt and Lambert ...

Rickie Lambert - Keeps scoring for Bristol Rovers at the moment and scored again tonight, age 26 with an alright scoring record.

Class player but Bristol R shelled out a lot of money for him, money we certainly havent got! loved to be proved wrong though but couldnt see him wanting to come and play here at all.

We have 5 strikers, and those 2 aren't any better than what we've got. Our lads are probably better.

I don't doubt that Shez will be going for another striker, but I can't see either of those coming here. Anyway, I've heard a few negative things about Le Fondre from this 'Dale fan I know.

Grant Holt seems to be on the ay out of Forest by all accounts and I think he's out of contract in the summer. Not tore trees up at blackpool, but IMO well worth looking at. Works very hard.

We need someone down the left. Rundle would do for me, but is out f the question really. Lets look in the conference. Lets have Hungry players wanting to prove themselves with Latics.

Grant Holt seems to be on the ay out of Forest by all accounts and I think he's out of contract in the summer. Not tore trees up at blackpool, but IMO well worth looking at. Works very hard.

Yeah, I'd like to see someone of Holt's quality here. Holds the ball up brilliantly and ain't a shrinking violet by any means.

On the left I'd like to see us get Schofield from Hudds.

Zylwester Ztalloon - Gdansk Wanderers CM right-footed

Zbigniew Dziekanowski - Baltic Academicals CM right-footed

Jerzy Zooetshirt - Upper Silesian Glorious Coal Labourers CM right-footed

Zdzisław Zgutczyński - West Warsaw Albion CM right-footed

10 bob each, 2 quid the lot

:cardinal:

Zylwester Ztalloon - Gdansk Wanderers CM right-footed

Zbigniew Dziekanowski - Baltic Academicals CM right-footed

Jerzy Zooetshirt - Upper Silesian Glorious Coal Labourers CM right-footed

Zdzisław Zgutczyński - West Warsaw Albion CM right-footed

10 bob each, 2 quid the lot

:cardinal:

dagnalls a good shout,i mentioned him last year,but most on here where sceptical at the time,maybe as he is from tranmere.

Doubt we could even muster enough cash to sign Boulding, besides he has flattered to decieve when he has played at a higher level previously.

Think we are ok up front if we can keep Davies and Hughes fit and compliment them with young Allesandra and Smalley then we are not too bad.

More interestingly is that Shez said he wants 4 or 5 players at the boundary blues do, but who will leaving the club?

From what i can gather Andy Liddell, Gary Mcdonald, Stefan Stam and Kelvin Lomax amongst others are out of contract.

With the possible exception of Lomax, i think we need to keep the other 3 to progress on from where we currently are.

2 players i would like us to sign are former player Paul Murray who is at Gretna. Gretna are in trouble and will probably let him go for free. He is still only 31, was a classy player and he will give us options, particularly if Mcdonald or Liddell are no longer here next season.

The other player i like is a defender, Patrick Kisnorbo who is at Leicester, he is a big solid lad and ive seem him play a few times and he looks decent, im not sure wether he will be allowed to leave if Leicester stay up but if they go down then he may want a new challenge, no idea of what fee he may command or wages but hes the sort of player id look at.

Finallly if Shez was to look at bringing in another striker and keeper then i dont think he could any worse than Keigan Parker at Blackpool(doubtful i know) and Lutons keeper Dean Brill who has lived up to his name in many big games for them this season.

I realise that money and wages is always a stumbling block but i believe we should be able to attract players of similar ilk to the above if we are to finally get promotion.

Doubt we could even muster enough cash to sign Boulding, besides he has flattered to decieve when he has played at a higher level previously.

Think we are ok up front if we can keep Davies and Hughes fit and compliment them with young Allesandra and Smalley then we are not too bad.

More interestingly is that Shez said he wants 4 or 5 players at the boundary blues do, but who will leaving the club?

From what i can gather Andy Liddell, Gary Mcdonald, Stefan Stam and Kelvin Lomax amongst others are out of contract.

With the possible exception of Lomax, i think we need to keep the other 3 to progress on from where we currently are.

2 players i would like us to sign are former player Paul Murray who is at Gretna. Gretna are in trouble and will probably let him go for free. He is still only 31, was a classy player and he will give us options, particularly if Mcdonald or Liddell are no longer here next season.

The other player i like is a defender, Patrick Kisnorbo who is at Leicester, he is a big solid lad and ive seem him play a few times and he looks decent, im not sure wether he will be allowed to leave if Leicester stay up but if they go down then he may want a new challenge, no idea of what fee he may command or wages but hes the sort of player id look at.

Finallly if Shez was to look at bringing in another striker and keeper then i dont think he could any worse than Keigan Parker at Blackpool(doubtful i know) and Lutons keeper Dean Brill who has lived up to his name in many big games for them this season.

I realise that money and wages is always a stumbling block but i believe we should be able to attract players of similar ilk to the above if we are to finally get promotion.

Our major downfall for the last 2 years has been the strength of our squad rather than the actually quality of the players.... I would only possibly offload 1/2 of the current squad such as wolfy and maybe kalala. But bring in 4/5 new faces, IMO that is what we need for promotion. People need to remember that we have offloaded 2 players already this season in pogliacomi and Ricketts so i dont think many more need to go.

1 new GK

1 new CM

1 new Striker

1 new RW/LW

Possibly 1 new CB/LB cover (i.eLivermore)

Our major downfall for the last 2 years has been the strength of our squad rather than the actually quality of the players.... I would only possibly offload 1/2 of the current squad such as wolfy and maybe kalala. But bring in 4/5 new faces, IMO that is what we need for promotion. People need to remember that we have offloaded 2 players already this season in pogliacomi and Ricketts so i dont think many more need to go.

1 new GK

1 new CM

1 new Striker

1 new RW/LW

Possibly 1 new CB/LB cover (i.eLivermore)

Agree with you that they dont need to go but i imagine Crossley, Liddell and Mcdonald will be amongst our higher earners and it stands to reason that they may well have to be offloaded to bring in younger, although not necessarily better players. It has always been the case. I sincerely hope we keep Crossley in some capacity at the club.

I cant see everyone signing new contracts and Shez bringing 4/5 new players on top of that, although i could be completely wrong. Imo I envisage it will be 4/5 out and 4/5 in im afraid. It wont be too bad if they get the quality right.

I think Shez will be going for players he knows a bit about myself. Creature of habit that he is and all that.

Doug Livermore

Decent shout of him arriving. Depends how much interest there are for him. Shez likes him and wanted to keep him on so every chance he'll revisit this in the summer. Personally, he'd be a good catch. Pretty consistant and naturally left sided so gives us options.

Jason Jarrett

Similarly, Shez likes him (despite their little spat during the Millwall game), but I don't think he's as consistant as Livermore. Had we not seen his performance against Huddersfield which was nothing short of brilliance then I'd not be bothered. Don't be surprised to see him here permanantly in the summer.

Leon Clarke

This is Shez's #1 striker target I think and would really give us lots of options up front. Depends what's on the plate for him to accept but may have to take a step down to this level anyway.

Paul Murray

A possible but very much a risk signing given his injury record since he left. Not sure he's the creative influence we need either, but he'd be a decent replacement for Gary McDonald should he leave.

Leon Constantine

Plan B after Clarke I imagine. Has done quite well as he's gained fitness and has a proven track record at this level. Wouldn't be on Leeds-level take-home pay but will be without a club this summer.

David Perkins

I'm sure Shez is aware of this lad, he's been to watch them a few times recently. Wellens-style tenatious midfielder who can tackle better than Richie (but then who can't?). Certainly would be gettable, perhaps for a fee and would most definitely strengthen our squad.

Danny Schofield

Well known that he is leaving the club in the summer. I think if we get him, then I don't think we'd get Livermore so it's a bit of an either/or. With him on one side and either Smalley/Liddell/Taylor on the right then we'd have tremendous balance and a real threat from either side.

Adam Rundle

Probably an alternative or plan B for Schofield.

I have always thought Brill was rubbish - flaps on crosses all the time. Maybe i havent seen enuff of him

IF we could get a Clarke/Holt/ constantine then we would have a good range of strikers. Pace Davies, a taget man New signing, a goal scorer Hughes and the promising youngster in Lewis A.

My biggest worry is the left side we need a left winger and a left back and then maybe even another left sided player who could slot in when injuries etc take hold.

If Eardley goes Lomax i would expect to be first choice RB so that would leave us really short on the left side.

Liddell should be shown the door or at least drop to being a bench player at best so Taylor should move over to his natural side and then we need to fins someone to spay the ball about and unlock teams ala Wellens and Kilkenny no names spring to mind tho.

I think Shez will be going for players he knows a bit about myself. Creature of habit that he is and all that.

Doug Livermore

Decent shout of him arriving. Depends how much interest there are for him. Shez likes him and wanted to keep him on so every chance he'll revisit this in the summer. Personally, he'd be a good catch. Pretty consistant and naturally left sided so gives us options.

Jason Jarrett

Similarly, Shez likes him (despite their little spat during the Millwall game), but I don't think he's as consistant as Livermore. Had we not seen his performance against Huddersfield which was nothing short of brilliance then I'd not be bothered. Don't be surprised to see him here permanantly in the summer.

Leon Clarke

This is Shez's #1 striker target I think and would really give us lots of options up front. Depends what's on the plate for him to accept but may have to take a step down to this level anyway.

Paul Murray

A possible but very much a risk signing given his injury record since he left. Not sure he's the creative influence we need either, but he'd be a decent replacement for Gary McDonald should he leave.

Leon Constantine

Plan B after Clarke I imagine. Has done quite well as he's gained fitness and has a proven track record at this level. Wouldn't be on Leeds-level take-home pay but will be without a club this summer.

David Perkins

I'm sure Shez is aware of this lad, he's been to watch them a few times recently. Wellens-style tenatious midfielder who can tackle better than Richie (but then who can't?). Certainly would be gettable, perhaps for a fee and would most definitely strengthen our squad.

Danny Schofield

Well known that he is leaving the club in the summer. I think if we get him, then I don't think we'd get Livermore so it's a bit of an either/or. With him on one side and either Smalley/Liddell/Taylor on the right then we'd have tremendous balance and a real threat from either side.

Adam Rundle

Probably an alternative or plan B for Schofield.

Good shout that, wouldnt mind seeing 2 or 3 of those here, i particularly like Jarrett, but personally think we may have competition for him. Any ideas on who Shez may fancy as a keeper cos i think Crossley may well move on or into coaching side of club and young Bell is clearly not ready and the club havent had confidence in him at any stage of season to step up so i doubt he is going to make it here anyway.

Good shout that, wouldnt mind seeing 2 or 3 of those here, i particularly like Jarrett, but personally think we may have competition for him. Any ideas on who Shez may fancy as a keeper cos i think Crossley may well move on or into coaching side of club and young Bell is clearly not ready and the club havent had confidence in him at any stage of season to step up so i doubt he is going to make it here anyway.

Gilks?

A left sided player is the most important. Is stam the only left footed player?

I'd go for:

Holt (Forest)

Goodall (Luton)

Schofield (Huddersfield)

and then look in the conference / non league for some gems.

Edited by pukka