Electronic Season Tickets

Call me pathetic but is it not a bit backward that we don’t have an electronic season ticketing system yet? I’ve not had a season ticket for a few years but fancied it again next season…

However, having just found out that they do not replace season tickets if you lose them, I’m slightly put off because I lose everything valuable… it’s like walking round with a £350 watch, i just wouldnt do it for fear of losing it when drunk.

Although I guess there’s less people wanting to mug you for it!

Anyone ever lost their's?

Call me pathetic but is it not a bit backward that we don’t have an electronic season ticketing system yet? I’ve not had a season ticket for a few years but fancied it again next season…

However, having just found out that they do not replace season tickets if you lose them, I’m slightly put off because I lose everything valuable… it’s like walking round with a £350 watch, i just wouldnt do it for fear of losing it when drunk.

Although I guess there’s less people wanting to mug you for it!

Anyone ever lost their's?

Surely not!? :unsure: They have your details down on computer so they know you have paid for a season ticket. Surely a small admin charge and bob's your uncle you have a new season ticket.

I have lost mine - and they don't replace them - you will find it on the inner of your ticket under rules and regs.

The club advise that you have your ticket covered on your home insurance IIRC.

If you lose it then I don't think the club can check if the ticket is being used or not - it isn't like there aren't enough empty seats in the ground for the lucky finder to go and park themselves elsewhere other than the stated seat.

KtF,

Derek.

Surely not!? :unsure: They have your details down on computer so they know you have paid for a season ticket. Surely a small admin charge and bob's your uncle you have a new season ticket.

Apparently not, I even said that this would seriously affect whether or not I buy one (in truth, it probably wont affect anything!) and she said they never replace them. Sometimes I think they’re a bit unhelpful in that ticket office for no apparent reason… but either way, I’d like to know if anyone’s had their’s replaced after losing it (drunk or otherwise).

Edited by ajjovek

If you lose it then I don't think the club can check if the ticket is being used or not - it isn't like there aren't enough empty seats in the ground for the lucky finder to go and park themselves elsewhere other than the stated seat.

:lol:

That is almost as funny as your assesment of Chris Taylor Derek!

I have lost mine - and they don't replace them - you will find it on the inner of your ticket under rules and regs.

The club advise that you have your ticket covered on your home insurance IIRC.

KtF,

Derek.

yeah I suppose that is fair enough. Any old monkey could find your ticket and sit somewhere else in the stadium.

Edited by laticsmad

It's one of those things that sounds ok as a one off (and from an honest person's perspective) but when you start to think about the potential for abuse and how hard it would be to stop, it turns into something completely different.

Do clubs with a card system replace them when they go missing? and how many league 1 clubs have gone this way, given that the OPs stance is that it should already have been done?

£12 for insurance for your season ticket....the decision to get it for 9mths peace of mind just ain't rocket science to me!

If that's true the club should offer a "Buy one get another one for 12 quid" promotion... :grin:

Does anyone follow my twisted logic? It could add a few seat-fillers for atmospheric reasons. Although, would it effect the official attendance?

Do clubs with a card system replace them when they go missing?

I would expect so, as they can cancel the original, making it unusable, as a hotel would if you walked off with a keycard. This can't be done with a ST book.

Personally, I think I'd be unhappy with a system like City have got if we use TeamCard style tickets to get in. I like the stubs, proper paper/card mementos that you can keep etc (I have all my away ones under my glass desk cover at uni)...if they did it like an electric barcode to get in, like at Everton and Leeds, then that would be fine by me, but I don't want a credit card style thing.

Its totally stupid. The amount of times i lost my season ticket and spent hours trying to find it. Thank god i didnt lose is permenantly.

Im sure a few years ago the club would replace a lost season ticket for around £30.