15 years ago today!

I knew 8th May was a special date in the calendar - and I'm not talking about the ex-Mrs. AB100's birthday! :grin:

What a day! Let the Mexican wave begin... Ole!

English Premier

Oldham 4 (2) - 3(1) Southampton

Pointon 29

Olney 44

Ritchie 55

Halle 64

Le Tissier 34

Le Tissier 67

Le Tissier 85

At Boundary Park on 08-05-1993

Attendance: 14597

Referee: H King ()

I was 3, so I sadly wasn't there. I would have loved to have experienced the celebrations though. Also the sheer nervousness.

I'm sure some of you old sods were around then. :grin:

Oh yes. The celebrations started too soon (sort of) at 4-1 with the mexican wave, which apparently, caused the players to relax and let 2 goals in! A definite hand-ball in the area by Milligan was kindly ignored by the ref but he gave Soton plenty of injury time to score an equliser. I used to have the Piccaddily commentary by Stuart Pike and Tommy Docherty. Docherty was calling Le Tiss a lazy git all the time and Pikey was screaming at the ref to blow the whistle for full time. Quality.

It was great that the players and staff were able to do a proper lap of honour for once.

We went straight into town for some heavy drinking except someone (AB100) got a phone call to come home as it was his wife's birthday... Oh dear, bad timing.

Oh yes. The celebrations started too soon (sort of) at 4-1 with the mexican wave, which apparently, caused the players to relax and let 2 goals in! A definite hand-ball in the area by Milligan was kindly ignored by the ref but he gave Soton plenty of injury time to score an equliser. I used to have the Piccaddily commentary by Stuart Pike and Tommy Docherty. Docherty was calling Le Tiss a lazy git all the time and Pikey was screaming at the ref to blow the whistle for full time. Quality.

It was great that the players and staff were able to do a proper lap of honour for once.

We went straight into town for some heavy drinking except someone (AB100) got a phone call to come home as it was his wife's birthday... Oh dear, bad timing.

It was nice to see the Southampton fans joining in the Mexican Wave. I remember the panic stations on the pitch after they got the 3rd goal, and total disbelief in the stands that we could have let such a commanding lead slip away. How we kept them out I don't know.

It was nice to see the Southampton fans joining in the Mexican Wave. I remember the panic stations on the pitch after they got the 3rd goal, and total disbelief in the stands that we could have let such a commanding lead slip away. How we kept them out I don't know.

one of the only 'magic' moments that i have actually attended due to time in RAF.. but what a day...

two of us drove up from south wales for the game, ended up in most footy mags after stitch's header was caught by someone's camera.. and you could just see mate and i in the background!! the 'hairless one' very kindly autographed two framed pics of it...

then ended up in that tacky nightclub in rochdale (xanado's ??) where a certain paul gerrard was also in attendance! and what a top guy..got his hand in his pocket numerous times that night, and was more than happy to buy a couple of latics fans beer after beer.....

top day out !!

Ahhhhhh .... fond memories.. In loads of ways it was better than going up as champions. I have no idea which lady I embraced in tears of joy but we had a moment lol.. then turning round to be deserted by your best mate who had invaded the pitch !!!!!!!!!. The Ex Mrs B always said you lead me astray ...................................... cough :grin:

Yep I was there. 4-1 up an we were all having a great time with mexican wave flying around the stadium but if I remember rightly the southampton fans weren't playing ball so we just kept missing them out, haha. 4-2 and it all became abit twitchy but we were still confident. Then le tissier completes his hattrick and all mayhem breaks lose with desperate defending. The last 10 minutes lasted a life time but thank god we managed to hold on for a memorable day :grin: .

Did they!? :unsure: Maybe I am mistaken then!

Wow them were the days I was 10 but do remember this one what a dramatic end to the season and one of the best days of my childhood. In the morning I played football for my junior team we were 4-1 down at half time 2nd half I bag a goal and then the flood gates opened and we won 10-4.

Then on to BP Do or die for the boys in blue!

Remember all the goals the mexican wave the southampton fans joined in even the sponsors in the executive boxes joined in Le Tiss bags a hat trick which must be up their as the best performance by a player on the losing team against Latics ever. He nearly sent us down on his own. Utter pandomoniam at the end a mass pitch invasion and as someone has said a proper lap of honour. It is the one premiership game I remember most about.

I still have the highlights on match of the day somewhere incidentally that season we were the 3rd highest goalscorers in the Premier league and because of that Trevor Brooking said we didn't deserve to go down.

Great days.

Wow them were the days I was 10 but do remember this one what a dramatic end to the season and one of the best days of my childhood. In the morning I played football for my junior team we were 4-1 down at half time 2nd half I bag a goal and then the flood gates opened and we won 10-4.

Then on to BP Do or die for the boys in blue!

Remember all the goals the mexican wave the southampton fans joined in even the sponsors in the executive boxes joined in Le Tiss bags a hat trick which must be up their as the best performance by a player on the losing team against Latics ever. He nearly sent us down on his own. Utter pandomoniam at the end a mass pitch invasion and as someone has said a proper lap of honour. It is the one premiership game I remember most about.

I still have the highlights on match of the day somewhere incidentally that season we were the 3rd highest goalscorers in the Premier league and because of that Trevor Brooking said we didn't deserve to go down.

Great days.

I was 21. Didnt work crappy shifts either then so I had a season ticket. If I'm honest tho, I don't particularly remember any of the goals. Wasn't that the same season that arsenal had to beat someone (palace?) to keep us up and Wrighty brought them from behind to do it for us? Good old days eh, don't remember anybody them!!!!! 36 and addled already...