Am I missing the point?

Why is everyone creaming their pants over the fact Rochdale have got to Wembley?

If Oldham got to the PlayOff Final would Rochdale fans be jumping on the band wagon? I doubt it.

Edited by dish

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone creaming their pants over the fact Rochdale have got to Wembley?

If Oldham got to the PlayOff Final would Rochdale fans be jumping on the band wagon? I doubt it.

we can't wait for the six points mate.

Yes you're missing the point.

We haven't had a proper, competitive local derby in years. Yes we have Yorkshire rivalries and the bin dippers and the donkey botherers, but to be honest I couldn't give a toss about most of them - they're not a REAL local derby.

That's why I want Rochdale to come up.

We haven't had a proper, competitive local derby in years. Yes we have Yorkshire rivalries and the bin dippers and the donkey botherers, but to be honest I couldn't give a toss about most of them - they're not a REAL local derby.

Here here!!

Depends where you come from. I'm from Hollinwood and when I was growing up we no more thought about Rochdale than we would about anywhere else.

Have to say I agree, fair enough, we would have a couple of fun games agaianst em.. but I equally would have found it hilarious if they had lost in the semi... dont know why but I have never had any reason to ever go to Rochdale really, or ever pay attention to their team, and probably have been to huddersfield much more, which to me, will always be a bigger game...

.. Think the fact is that we have a lot of Latics who live in Rochdale, who are getting carried away with em, no harm done... just a bit of novelty...

... and to be honest, we will prob lose to em if they do go up... it will be their sodding cup final, and we always lose to crap teams....

Surely it's more about the club's location than yours?

Granted, from Hollinwood City's council house is nearer than Spotland...

To be honest we would no more have thought about going to Rochdale than to Bury, Stockport or Bolton. Messing about changing buses and all that.

The whole world was Oldham and Manchester.

Have to say I agree, fair enough, we would have a couple of fun games agaianst em.. but I equally would have found it hilarious if they had lost in the semi... dont know why but I have never had any reason to ever go to Rochdale really, or ever pay attention to their team, and probably have been to huddersfield much more, which to me, will always be a bigger game...

.. Think the fact is that we have a lot of Latics who live in Rochdale, who are getting carried away with em, no harm done... just a bit of novelty...

... and to be honest, we will prob lose to em if they do go up... it will be their sodding cup final, and we always lose to crap teams....

How embarrassed will we be if they become another of the clubs that leave us behind, even if only temporarily as Bury and Stockport did a decade ago?

How embarrassed will we be if they become another of the clubs that leave us behind, even if only temporarily as Bury and Stockport did a decade ago?

Can't say I'd be too embarrassed - if you're good enough to go up, you're good enough to go up. I won't miss any sleep.

The tendency for some Latics fans to be unconcerned about the club being left behind is a notable feature of the internet.

Yawn.

More important than your broken record is that:

a) For the more mature in years of us, Rochdale was the derby in the early 60s.

B) I'd prefer a local club to be succesful, and for there to be reward for the loyalty of its supporters.

Edited by LaticsPete

Actually I don't doubt it how many fans did we take to Wembley the first time, 35,000 wasn't it. We had gates of around 11-12k at that time if i remember rightly the extra 200% of our gate had to come from somewhere and i wouldn't mind betting that some of them were fans who support Rochdale more than Oldham. We took 5k to Everton for christ sake how many of those were fans who go to other teams on a saturday? We only average around 4k fans at home and I'll bet some of those didn't go.

Plus I'm fairly certain that a lot of the Oldham fans who are going to Wembley are going because its Rochdale and Stockport not just Rochdale.

The tendency for some Latics fans to be unconcerned about the club being left behind is a notable feature of the internet.

I'm not included in that. I said if they are good enough, then that's that. There isn't much else I can do about is there? So, I'll continue and go about my day.

Another notable feature(?) is that we seem to be getting a lot of repeats lately...

I for one agree... we have the fruit bowl cup every year which cures my once a year urge to go to Rochdale i need no more!!!

The one fixture i do look forward to every year is Trannies Or Huddersfield but if they went down i wouldnt go n watch them in the hope they come up!! I think we have closet Rochdale fans in our midst and i strongly believe that if rochdale do come up it would have a negative effect on our attendance as some of the closset fans will go back...