Are we a big club?

Bigger than gretna... and Crewe, and Dundee United... prob not preston (debateable) - so lets just say we were the biggest club who give want him and give him the option of first team football!

... and bigger than Rochdale,,, just a topical dig!

Bigger than Dundee United or Preston? Nope.

Preston - average attendance this season 12,753, FA Cup winners twice and runners-up five times, one division higher than us.

Dundee United - average attendance this season 7,650, league champions once, cup winners once and runners-up six times, UEFA cup finalists once and European Cup semi-finalists once, current Scottish premier members.

I'm not trying to do us down unfairly, but come on - as much we love our club let's be realistic about where we stand.

At least somebody who has joined the Latics knows a bit about there history (unlike most)

"This move is a good chance to come to England - Oldham are a big club who have been in the Premier League."

This may be because of Paul and Danny

"Paul and Danny were both team-mates at Gretna and they highly recommended Oldham when I told them they were interested."

Full link below

linky

We are in the top 92 biggest clubs in this country. The crowds we get in this country for Third Division football beats anything in the rest of the world at the same level (Apart from possibly one or two clubs down on their luck in the lower divisions e.g. Real Oviedo).

In the grand scheme of things worldwide we are a massif club. There must be millions of smaller clubs than us.

Therefore, yes we are a big club. :)

We are in the top 92 biggest clubs in this country. The crowds we get in this country for Third Division football beats anything in the rest of the world at the same level (Apart from possibly one or two clubs down on their luck in the lower divisions e.g. Real Oviedo).

In the grand scheme of things worldwide we are a massif club. There must be millions of smaller clubs than us.

I've never thought of us like that. I don't want to support a big club.

Dundee United - average attendance this season 7,650, league champions once, cup winners once and runners-up six times, UEFA cup finalists once and European Cup semi-finalists once, current Scottish premier members.

I'm not trying to do us down unfairly, but come on - as much we love our club let's be realistic about where we stand.

But then again....if we had the chance of Europe if we put a mildly average team together (as that's all it takes up there) that can't beat the top 2 but can get 3rd (on the pitch we'd compete vs Motherwell in the SPL) then we'd be in Europe and adding to our attendance nicely.

The only stats they have above us in fairness is the European tags, but then, if we got the money Euro qualification gives who knows where we'd be. All horses for courses IMO. I don't see Dundee U***** as big or little as us. Very little difference IMO.

Edited by boundaryblue80

But then again....if we had the chance of Europe if we put a mildly average team together (as that's all it takes up there) that can't beat the top 2 but can get 3rd (on the pitch we'd compete vs Motherwell in the SPL) then we'd be in Europe and adding to our attendance nicely.

The only stats they have above us in fairness is the European tags, but then, if we got the money Euro qualification gives who knows where we'd be. All horses for courses IMO. I don't see Dundee U***** as big or little as us. Very little difference IMO.

Dundee who??

No we are not a big club!

Interesting point! In Faliraki last year, over a game of table footy with 2 Greek restaurant owners, they were utterly astounded that we averaged over 5,000 fans a game for our level and thought it was a massive achievement!

We are unique in that Boundary Park is the only ground in England where the players walk down steps to get to the pitch.

I hope the architects realise this when designing the new Main Stand. :wink:

Also the only three-sided ground in England with an excellent view of NIMBYs' houses and where the wind, rain, sleet and snow compete with a drum to challenge the acoustics of the most modern stand. :wink:

Also the only three-sided ground in England with an excellent view of NIMBYs' houses and where the wind, rain, sleet and snow compete with a drum to challenge the acoustics of the most modern stand. :wink:

Would love to have a chant from all 3 sides of the ground, once the Lookers is knocked down....all of us pointing over to the NIMBY's and singing....

"We can see you crying now!!!"

"We can see you crying now!!!"

Edited by boundaryblue80