fleming or crossley?

Id be tempted to go with the new lad Fleming. Rave reviews with youth on his side. Or would you prefer experience and let the big man have one more season between the sticks?

I think it will be Fleming. I think Crossley has indicated he would like to be more of a coach next yr. Plus i don't think he'd last 40+ games again :wink:

I think it will be Fleming. I think Crossley has indicated he would like to be more of a coach next yr. Plus i don't think he'd last 40+ games again :wink:

Crossley will start the season, I'm sure. It'll only be a matter of time until he collects a knock and has to sit out, but having Fleming as back up is a strong replacement.

I'd start with Crossley...but I don't think they'll be a clear cut first choice next season. It'll be down to form and injuries as other people have stated.

Crossley to start the season with Fleming to come in as and when required, then its up to each of them to keep the shirt.

Crossley has stayed with us and has turned down a championship club specifically as he wants to play first team football. Crossley for me barring any problems then lets them fight it out. Obviously having norm there must have been one of the reasons the Gregmeister chose us. He can learn a lot from the old man then take over the number one slot.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I think it will be Fleming as if (big if) we get promoted Shez won't want him becoming number 1 in the Championship after a season of watching from the bench. I think we all must agree that Norm won't be playing much after 08/09

brilliant thread, the fact this debate is even possible has renewed some of my wavering faith. fantastic signing, i really expected us to be stuck with norm and finishing mid table again. we can probably even cope with the bollock dropping bollocker in the team now.

Fleming for me, acknowledging Crossleys impfoved form, but I think it does depend how the pre season goes and how Fleming is doing.

That way if Fleming is a bit dodgy pre season (hoping not) then we have the great back up.

Like others have said, nice to have the debate.

brilliant thread, the fact this debate is even possible has renewed some of my wavering faith. fantastic signing, i really expected us to be stuck with norm and finishing mid table again. we can probably even cope with the bollock dropping bollocker in the team now.

crossley has stated he wants to keep playing as long as he can,he will also carry on the coaching side as well......so i would be tempted to go with crossley first,then as has been said if he gets a knock we have a talented young keeper to step in.....then who knows,upto them to fight it out.....

Id be tempted to go with the new lad Fleming. Rave reviews with youth on his side. Or would you prefer experience and let the big man have one more season between the sticks?

Did Fleming sign a 3yr deal?

If so, Crossley to be No.1 for most of next year with Fleming continuing to learn from a vastly experienced keeper with a plan to bring him into the fold as and when required.

Defo Fleming as No.1 for 2 seasons thereafter, being coached by the big man.

With the keeper crisis at crewe, and us signing there number one target, a couple of there fans seem sure that crossley's p*$$ed off with us for signing another keeper, and will sign a 1yr deal with them to be number 1

:laught16:

Guest M_OAFC

Don't you just love the way we are all trying to decide who should be first choice when none of us have actually seen Fleming play :lol:

I'll go for Josh Bell