Just arrived back from a meeting in Doncaster

Guest oa_exile
Every player has a price. If Doncaster - or anyone else - meet our price for Taylor and the lad decides to go then that's fine by me. I'll wish him luck, then turn to who we'll bring in to replace him. EVERY league one player is replaceable.

As for our finances being 'dire', they would be if TTA weren't underwriting those losses.

Think we will find out pretty soon IF Donny are interested or have shown interest.

Shez will want the available cash sooner rather later to complete his transfer activities.

"Dire" has the same meaning TTA is not a bottomless pit as past owners have found out in our debt ridden History.

Anyone who thinks Chris Taylor is not a good player is a moron.

And Doncaster wouldn't pay anywhere near £500,000 for him.

It isn't a question of whether you think taylor is a good player or not, it's what the buying club are prepared to pay. Everyone has their price and with his age, contract situation etc it's in our hands as to what value Donny put on him...if that matches ours then they will speak.

So if Donny are prepared to pay £1m for him then that's his value.

................because she is a "Mad dog" and cant help herself :lol:

Anyway I bet you Talor is not in the top five earners at the Club , so they cant afford me "Rumour" is just a plain "couple of danglers"

Taylor is not in the top ten earners at the club nowhere near so to relace him you would probably have to pay up to four times his wage. Don't for one minute think we'd get anyone as versatile he's played full back left wing right wing centre mid and up front in a 3. How many league one players can even use there weaker foot bet you could almost count them on one hand

Taylor is not in the top ten earners at the club nowhere near so to relace him you would probably have to pay up to four times his wage. Don't for one minute think we'd get anyone as versatile he's played full back left wing right wing centre mid and up front in a 3. How many league one players can even use there weaker foot bet you could almost count them on one hand

Paul Edwards? :lol:

Actually agree totally with what Guernica has said :shock: ... I think the past reports that a £350k bid is in the pipeline is aout right... which is why i say we ask them to double it and add some more...

I cannot believe that the club does not know this is coming... so I sincerely hope they have already got their strategy together, and this doesnt become another panicked farce...

Offer Chris a better contract, and set your minimum bid, and stick to it... id say the minimum bid starts at £750k... why we cant act like any other club and maximise our players value, while balancing the need to sell is beyond me.... also, I bet if Chris is publically stated as available, there may be more than Donny interested... so lets start a bidding war...

If donny do go up as well, I think some business could be done with thier squad... they have 10 midfielders and 6 strikers on their books... all of whom would probably improve our side, if we are going to lose Chrissy to them, we could do a lot worse than get a cash plus player deal....

Edited by BigfinLatic

WE all know enough to know that the Club is losing money year after year , so I would put our finances down as "Dire".

IF an acceptable offer comes in for a player we will sell , always have done.

Spot on! Ask all those you know who have stopped going to BP whether they agree with this policy and if they answer "No", ask them what they're going to do about it.

Every player has a price. If Doncaster - or anyone else - meet our price for Taylor and the lad decides to go then that's fine by me. I'll wish him luck, then turn to who we'll bring in to replace him. EVERY league one player is replaceable.

As for our finances being 'dire', they would be if TTA weren't underwriting those losses.

Totally agree that every player has a price , however we are in a strong position with Taylor as we have him on contract whatever the terms , he's under 25 and he loves the club. Therefore accepting anything below £1 mill is giving him away.

I would be very very disappointed with the club if they allowed him to go for less.

Totally agree that every player has a price , however we are in a strong position with Taylor as we have him on contract whatever the terms , he's under 25 and he loves the club. Therefore accepting anything below £1 mill is giving him away.

I would be very very disappointed with the club if they allowed him to go for less.

he is only worth what people are saying because he's our player and we love him and want to keep him.....doesnt mean other clubs will value him the same.

why be dissapointed, you me or most on here have no idea how much debt we are still in,the cup runs and trotmans sale didnt cover last seasons expenses.

if the owners think it is a good deal he will go.

Guest oa_exile
he is only worth what people are saying because he's our player and we love him and want to keep him.....doesnt mean other clubs will value him the same.

why be dissapointed, you me or most on here have no idea how much debt we are still in,the cup runs and trotmans sale didnt cover last seasons expenses.

if the owners think it is a good deal he will go.

Taylor has been constantly in the spotlight since he broke into the 1st team.

How many times during this period have we had "Rumours" of Clubs interested in signing him ? , he is a an asset to the Club know doubt about it.

With regards to him being not one of the top earners well he is certainly in the top 5 prize assets.

Agree that IF the price is right TTA will accepet the offer ......... who knows what TTA value him at , just a little matter though of IF Taylor would want to leave his beloved hometown Club.

The club on an average are losing approx £600K +/- a season , this is of course is dependent on Cup runs and any transfer activity which would bring that figure down.

Anymore than £500k and i'll carry him to Doncaster on me back.

It is alright saying that for x amount of money you would take him to donny yourself, but how much of the money would be plugged back into the team? No doubt we would replace taylor with another youngster costing little or nothing, with the majority of the money, rightly or wrongly, covering the losses of last season and the next.

Keep him I say! and keep building with the squad we have now plus a few more class additions, I am sure we can break into the top 6.

Anymore than £500k and i'll carry him to Doncaster on me back.

In that case you could be making an ass of yourself Coco.

Mule be knackered by the time you get there.

He must be going to Donkeyster then :D

Edited by BP1960

The club on an average are losing approx £600K +/- a season , this is of course is dependent on Cup runs and any transfer activity which would bring that figure down.

Just an ickle bit of pedantry, but didn't Mr Corney just say that we (ie he) had lost 7 or 800k last season, and that was after selling Totters and the Cup run?

Re: Taylor, any young contracted attacking player that they are keen to sign after promotion to the second division should be worth in the region of £1m. They are a moneybags club and we should hold out for their money if they want him. If not then we might still get cash for him at Christmas or the summer if it suits us, but it's all in our hands for once.