New signing tomorrow

So I get home today to find a message from someone in the know at BP who names two players we're after, one of whom is signing tomorrow (Tuesday 27 May). (There's a convoluted story about why I have this message.)

I'm not going to name the players involved, as it feels a bit rude to come rushing to a message board to share a private message, but since I never normally hear any gossip I'm interested in seeing if this turns out to be true. Obviously you can choose not to believe me one bit but I've never posted a "mate of a mate told me" story before.

There will be a striker signing tomorrow for a decent transfer fee (not a free), and we're chasing an experienced midfielder who's played at Old Trafford (although there's stiff competition for that signing so it may not come off). (And no, it's not Paul Scholes.)

I will be happy if these signings come off. They are the quality of player that we should be striving for (and can realistically get!).

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I get home today to find a message from someone in the know at BP who names two players we're after, one of whom is signing tomorrow (Tuesday 27 May). (There's a convoluted story about why I have this message.)

I'm not going to name the players involved, as it feels a bit rude to come rushing to a message board to share a private message, but since I never normally hear any gossip I'm interested in seeing if this turns out to be true. Obviously you can choose not to believe me one bit but I've never posted a "mate of a mate told me" story before.

There will be a striker signing tomorrow for a decent transfer fee (not a free), and we're chasing an experienced midfielder who's played at Old Trafford (although there's stiff competition for that signing so it may not come off). (And no, it's not Paul Scholes.)

I will be happy if these signings come off. They are the quality of player that we should be striving for (and can realistically get!).

Is that Ronnie Wallwork then? I saw him out in Failsworth on Saturday night. Should have asked him if he was signing!

I'm trying not to give the game away. The midfielder is experienced and has played mostly at the Championship level.

gotta be wallwork then,he was at wba when they were in the championship, his he the type of midfielder we really need?

Just to repeat: the striker is signing for a five-figure fee tomorrow (Tuesday). The midfielder (experienced, has played mostly at Championship level) is one we're after but there's competition and he may go elsewhere (and, as I said above, I don't think he's been linked with us before).